Da'Rick Rogers - WR - UDFA

Not only that, but at least one of those dudes is worth millions!

Add in clowney, Patterson and Rogers and its a nice little list, all Ko jokes aside. For a small town to produce nfl talent like that, not to mention all the D1 (SEC) college guys that dont go pro.... Not half bad. I'm guessing some great Friday night action.

Edited by NoSaint

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking about this same issue. It seems like there was a much greater emphasis on "measurables", especially speed. Bills got raw players with high upsides almost across the board. That's new. Also, the emphasis on "big" seems to have been replaced with "fast" as several smaller speedsters were taken. I assume this has to be Marrone's influence.

Some of them may be "raw"...

However, both Rogers and Brooks especially are considered "the most NFL ready" WRs in the class. Kiko is a consensus "immediate impact" player. If we did get some high ceiling, developmental players, we certainly balanced them out with "out of the box" guys.

People were mad about losing Donald Jones? I think,at worst, we were worried about depth. I still think they may have been hasty with Nelson, but now depth doesn't seem to be a problem. For once.

If Nelson had been picked up by team other than the Browns, who are desperate for wide receivers, I might agree with you that it was a mistake by the Bills. But I doubt it was hasty, since they had a chance to evaluate before letting him go. And I think he just wasn't the kind of guy that the new coaches wanted, while the injury also probably worried them.

For me Nelson is simple. It all came down to the doc, Doc. The doc said: "he's never going to be the same after the knee." The Bills said "this is a business". David said "I get it, I'm upset, but I am also a class act, let's see about the Browns."

It sucks, because I don't think there is a better character/leader type guy in the league than David Nelson. I will never forget him catching that ball down the sidelines against the Pats, losing his helmet, barking at the fans, firing them up...and sparking the comeback to win that game.

But, we couldn't have guys who have lost a step on this team, when: we had a now obvious plan to add a literal slew of WR talent via the draft and FA.

First, did anybody hear that one dude say, when asked which CB they want to line up against, say: "Gilmore"? Gilmore is going to be on fire this year, in this system, IMHO, because he won't have to be covering people for 5 seconds a play, and more bad balls will be coming out.

Some can say Rogers didn't come here only because of Brooks.

I can say: if that isn't the biggest reason, it has to be in the top 4. I mean: he literally said "I have to hang out with the right people" and then looked over at Brooks. :lol:

2. He also probably came here because of Steve, so he could learn. Steve has a great rep with the rest of the league.

3. And, because there are new QBs here, so he gets to start with a clean slate. (In fact this may be the single biggest reason. If there isn't any existing WR/QB relationship, then everybody is = on day 1)

4. And of course, with a new coaching staff, everybody is learning the new system, so that evens things out a bit and may make it easier for an UDFA to make the team.

First, did anybody hear that one dude say, when asked which CB they want to line up against, say: "Gilmore"?

Yeah, we did - aren't you reading the thread at all?! :lol:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/157846-darick-rogers/page__st__140#entry2797675

4. And of course, with a new coaching staff, everybody is learning the new system, so that evens things out a bit and may make it easier for an UDFA to make the team.

I think it's more the fact that we have only one established receiver on the roster. The Bills give him the best chance to make the roster compared to other teams. Of course with all of the other receivers we drafted, who knows. :lol:

Thrid rounder and PS... lol He'd be snatched right up.

Let's get real now. If it wasn't for the Bills, he very likely would've went in the 5th or 6th or possibly undrafted. This guy has project written all over him. It's sort of troublesome for a WR when you view their highlight film and all you see is reverse end arounds.

As to the NFLN interview, it's interesting that Woods and Rogers have been working out together and will arrive as teammates with some level of communication (friendship?) in place. Woods seems like a mature, professional kid who could be a great influence on Da'Rick and help keep him focused when the $$$ start coming in...

It is interesting because they seem like different kind of people. For them to have naturally gravitated towards each other is pretty cool.

That's incredible. I mean, one of those players alone is worth MILLIONS, to say nothing of the whole group.

:lol:

Let's get real now. If it wasn't for the Bills, he very likely would've went in the 5th or 6th or possibly undrafted. This guy has project written all over him. It's sort of troublesome for a WR when you view their highlight film and all you see is reverse end arounds.

Actually it's more likely he'd have gone before the 5th round, given his speed and Senior Bowl week. But we'll never know now and all that remains is to see what he does.

You think Goodwin would have lasted till the 5th or 6th round had the Bills not drafted him?

And you want to "get real now?"

Means little but he was a 3rd rounder and top 100 player on many sites/boards. To act like it was absurd seems to scream "but I didnt know him"

Yeah, we did - aren't you reading the thread at all?! :lol:

http://forums.twobil...40#entry2797675

I think it's more the fact that we have only one established receiver on the roster. The Bills give him the best chance to make the roster compared to other teams. Of course with all of the other receivers we drafted, who knows. :lol:

"You Threw One By Me Kid. Savor The Flavor Becuase It Sure As Hell Won't Happen Again."

:lol: I'm definitely off today. As each hour goes by, this WR, and draft in general, thing just gets better. I've had to stop myself from drawing up plays in my head a few times today, because...

I don't really know how to draw up plays. :bag:

I am annoying myself with giddiness. :lol: As far as the rest: yeah, how do you feel if you're Brandon Kaufman or Kevin Norrell? It's going to be a crazy camp when it comes to WR.

Who is brooks? Do you mean woods?

Damn. Second time I've done that today. I sent a text message about "brooks" and confused a whole bunch of people.

I don't know what that's about. I know its Woods, I know that's what I think when I go to type it, but for some reason it comes out Brooks.

Just give me a day to be silly. I will get over it and be back to form tomorrow.

Outside of EJ, I am most excited about the pickup of Da'Rick. Watched some video and highlights on him today, he's a really really good WR. Possibly better than Stevie in a year or two. No idea why he fell out of the draft, but then again I'm not the type to judge anyone for smoking some weed.

Damn. Second time I've done that today. I sent a text message about "brooks" and confused a whole bunch of people.

I don't know what that's about. I know its Woods, I know that's what I think when I go to type it, but for some reason it comes out Brooks.

Just give me a day to be silly. I will get over it and be back to form tomorrow.

Well if it makes you feel any better, Robert Brooks was a pretty good receiver for the Packers.

And there is that double O thing going on.

We'll forgive you.

Just this once.

:)

According to Buddy Nix on WGR this AM Woods and Rogers have the same agent, which is likely the root of their working out together as the pre draft stuff is often paid for by their agents.

Buddy Nix: "We were 1 of 14 Teams that tried to sign him" (Da'Rick Rogers). We did.

As I said in the Buddy WGR thread...a multitude of teams and media can blow this out their ass today. How much do you want to bet that the Jets or Pats or both were part of the 13 teams? But yeah, ESPN, tell us how our team is irrelevant some more...right after we sign Mario Williams and now, this guy.

http://postimg.org/image/ximkc0n9j/ :lol:

Why did he pick us?

Buddy: "He enjoyed his visit. Our guys did a good job when he was in here....We tried to make him feel good about his visit. That's not hard to do here. Russ and Jim, JO, (Jim Overdorf) had a good relationship with his agent. Robert's(Woods) got the same agent and Goodwin's got the same agent. Those guys worked out together (leading up to the draft). I think he felt familiar with it, and this is where he chose to come".

(The above quote has been de-"good ole boy"ed. :lol:)

Apparently, we owe Russ/Jim Overdorf at least some credit. They take a lot of schit around here. I have given them plenty.

However, fair is fair. We have no reason to think Buddy is lying, and if he gives them credit, so do I. ;)

Edited by OCinBuffalo