Da'Rick Rogers - WR - UDFA

I don't know. It seemed like the whole MO of Bills drafting strategy changed from the prior years. I'm wondering if this draft was more Whaley or Marrone/Pettine driven.

id guess buddy generally works with his coaches closely and chan got the "types" he wanted too. His job is to get his coaches the talent they need after all.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having to go from Tennessee to TT and then going undrafted hopefully has truly humbled him. Sounded fairly well-spoken in that interview. If these guys turn out as expected, it's the makings of a great and young WR corps.

You're right, he should have used that vertical leap and long jump to intercept more passes that weren't thrown to him. Then he could have made up for all those balls not thrown to him.

BTW, somehow I just can't be terribly concerned about your expert opinion. I think I'd rather trust our new coaching staff and people who actually scout players for a living. But that's just me.

I guess it would be best to know if Goodwin's lack of production was the result of being targeted a lot and dropping a lot of passes, a lack of utilization, or the inability of his QB to get him the ball. Going off one Combine pass isn't exactly much.

I guess it would be best to know if Goodwin's lack of production was the result of being targeted a lot and dropping a lot of passes, a lack of utilization, or the inability of his QB to get him the ball. Going off one Combine pass isn't exactly much.

everywhere I read pointed to Mack Brown just not utilizing his talent. As opposed to Graham, he was supposed to be drafted in the 3rd round.

WOW - if this turns out to be true, Buffalo went from having perhaps the worst WR group in the NFL to having one of the best - and its YOUNG. Stevie Johnson, Wood, Rogers, T.J. Graham, Goodwin, and Easley! Thats a tremendous group! I recall about a month ago I mentioned how Marrone and Hackett would want to put together a group of WR's like they had in New Orleans when they were winning the Super Bowl. The whole point was to have a bunch of guys with similar size, speed, ability, so that opposing defenses would not be able to just focus on one guy - rather, they'd have to account for everyone on every play. Well - there's going to be some tremendous 3 and 4 WR sets happening now!

And then move CJ out of the backfield as another receiver. Who do you double-team?

You're right, he should have used that vertical leap and long jump to intercept more passes that weren't thrown to him. Then he could have made up for all those balls not thrown to him.

BTW, somehow I just can't be terribly concerned about your expert opinion. I think I'd rather trust our new coaching staff and people who actually scout players for a living. But that's just me.

I wish that we're true, but I hated the Troupe, Maybin, Aaron Williams, Losman, Whitner, Johnny White, and Sheppard selections when they were made, too. We all know how those came out.

I'm not basing this off of one pass. His production is what has me worried. If you're good, you get the ball. No excuses.

I agree! A guy who runs 4.27 and faster, jumps 42" vertical and block his ass off. He's a freakin' disaster!

Thanks BB -- the guy never had a spring practice because of track. Folks don't realize how much of a deterrent this is to playing time in the fall -- but he was an Olympic caliber sprinter and long jumper and you can't fault him for that choice. The fact that he was important at all to UT in the fall is a testament that he has skill.

On Rogers -- Buddy knows Tennessee college football almost better than anyone in the NFL. He is close to the Dooley's and close to Watson Brown. If anyone got insights no one else got access to - its Buddy. Hopefully Rogers has turned his life.

Love this pickup as a UDFA, low risk high reward and exactly the type of receiver we need big and fast.To burn a pick on such a volatile guy would have been a mistake but the talent is too enticing too not take a flyer on. Even with Goodwin and Woods we still need some depth and talent at WR and we really could use a big body.

The worst case scenario is we cut the guy, best case is we get some talent at a position we need help with.