Da'Rick Rogers - WR - UDFA

I wish that we're true, but I hated the Troupe, Maybin, Aaron Williams, Losman, Whitner, Johnny White, and Sheppard selections when they were made, too. We all know how those came out.

Oh, well that PROVES it then, your a genius!! :worthy:

I guess it would be best to know if Goodwin's lack of production was the result of being targeted a lot and dropping a lot of passes, a lack of utilization, or the inability of his QB to get him the ball. Going off one Combine pass isn't exactly much.

My point exactly! There are so many reasons why he didn't produce huge numbers compared to others. I managed to see several Horn's games over his career, and the only thing I can say is that the guy didn't drop a bunch of passes, and when they manage to get him to the open field, he is electric. He just didn't get used that much. The Horns have been a chocolate mess for the past 3-4 seasons. The QB play has been sub par, and this past season, they were primarily a power running team. The guy is tough, he's durable, he blocks tenaciously, and I think he can contribute immediately as a gunner and as a punt and kick returner. He's also really good on those triplet formations, bubble screens and reverses. But of course, choosing him was CLEARLY a DEBACLE! :doh::rolleyes: Edited by BuffaloBob

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When we took Marqueese in the 3rd, I told my girlfriend that I didn't love the pick, and that I would've rather had Da'Rick Rogers in that spot. And now we got him as an UDFA! I feel like it's an extra second round pick. Love it!!!

Walter football scouting report had stated that he would be a good fit for the Bills and we should take him in round 2. This is even better. :) (except of course that UDFA's only get 3 year contracts)

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2013drogers.php

Buffalo needs a receiver to complement Stevie Johnson. Rogers would be a nice fit with the Bills, and he could be a good selection for them in the second round. The Jets have a weak receiving corps, and Santonio Holmes could flame out at any time. Landing a wide out like Rogers would be a nice upgrade for New York.

I wish that we're true, but I hated the Troupe, Maybin, Aaron Williams, Losman, Whitner, Johnny White, and Sheppard selections when they were made, too. We all know how those came out.

And the Bills front office hasn't hired you as a consultant yet? Amazing...they really are inept!

I don't know. It seemed like the whole MO of Bills drafting strategy changed from the prior years. I'm wondering if this draft was more Whaley or Marrone/Pettine driven.

I know what you mean. I didn't hate Buddy before this offseason, but I would have been the first to admit that he whiffed a lot on picks that weren't first rounders. I don't know if it's because Whaley has taken over, or we're desperate with the new system in place, or simply that Marrone, Hackett and Pettine have breathed new life into the organization but the last few years it felt like we were waiting for people to come to us, and then grabbing the desperate off of waivers...but now it feels like we're hunting for people.

I also agree that DR (we needed to abbreviate it somehow) looks like an absolute steal as an UDFA. Seriously, I looked at the highlight reel they put up of him and I was seriously impressed. The suspension thing is troubling, and it does look like there was a reason why he dropped out of being drafted, but the level of talent there is so great that picking him up outside of the draft, on the cheap...I'm sorry, my jaw can't seem to reclench, I'm still in shock.

id guess buddy generally works with his coaches closely and chan got the "types" he wanted too. His job is to get his coaches the talent they need after all.

I was thinking about this same issue. It seems like there was a much greater emphasis on "measurables", especially speed. Bills got raw players with high upsides almost across the board. That's new. Also, the emphasis on "big" seems to have been replaced with "fast" as several smaller speedsters were taken. I assume this has to be Marrone's influence.

Walter football scouting report had stated that he would be a good fit for the Bills and we should take him in round 2. This is even better. :) (except of course that UDFA's only get 3 year contracts)

Not a big deal. He'll be a RFA for that 4th year.

Anyone still mad that we lost Donald Jones?

Was anyone ever mad that the Bills lost a guy who averaged about 27 receptions for less than 300 yards and 2 TD's a year for the Bills?