Da'Rick Rogers - WR - UDFA

Wow, is this true? I live 20 minutes from downtown Rock Hill and have done a fair amount of work in that town and I am completely unaware of this. I'm not doubting you, but what do base this on? Which high school do they want to play for?

As indicated by atleast 2 first round nfl picks in the last two years that weve mentioned... And jadevon clowney next year.... I'd guess it very accurate.

Edited by NoSaint

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, is this true? I live 20 minutes from downtown Rock Hill and have done a fair amount of work in that town and I am completely unaware of this. I'm not doubting you, but what do base this on? Which high school do they want to play for?

Football factory:

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/04/13/3980653/framework-for-a-football-factory.html

Wikipedia it and they have a section called nfl players under notable people

National Football League (NFL) players

Gerald Dixon

Chris Hope

Ko Simpson

Benjamin Watson

Johnathan Joseph

Jonathan Hefney

Stephon Gilmore

Jeff Burris

Derek Ross

Rick Sanford

Phillip Adams

Donnie Shell

I heard about a tweet that Woods made after Rogers told everyone he was a Bill and it was on the order of "cool. let's get it going." After looking at that Interview, it's clear they're friends as Rogers tried to get Woods to tell Mooch that he burned Richard Sherman for 12 catches when he was a frosh and Sherman was a senior. I can see Marrone having these guys room together and telling Woods to keep his eyes on Rogers.

Just watched the rest and no wonder they're friends since they workout together, along with Patterson.

Edited by Doc

Wow. Who knew? My wife's nephew was the starting QB for Northwestern a couple of years ago and they used to talk about these big rivalry games with the other Rock Hill schools. I kind of wrote that off to the usual parental hyperbole and blew it off, but maybe it was like what happens in Texas or something.

I heard about a tweet that Woods made after Rogers told everyone he was a Bill and it was on the order of "cool. let's get it going." After looking at that Interview, it's clear they're friends as Rogers tried to get Woods to tell Mooch that he burned Richard Sherman for 12 catches when he was a frosh and Sherman was a senior. I can see Marrone having these guys room together and telling Woods to keep his eyes on Rogers.

They have been working out together since January, allegedly according to Woods twitter account.

I'm just happy the idea of only 'high-character' guys on the Bills is over.

The patriots seem to do well each year with a couple guys on their roster with character issues... I think Marrone will be invested in his players on an individual level to help keep them in line. We have enough good character guys on the team already to keep the questionable ones in check.

That being said, the guy reminds me of Hakeem Nicks. Great pick up!

I'm just happy the idea of only 'high-character' guys on the Bills is over.

I think that you need to differentiate between guys who have had off field problems like underage drinking or smoking pot and guys who appear to be bad team mates or have issues with coaches. Team chemistry is so important to winning that you have to be careful with "me" guys or players that have run ins with teammates.

They will keep 6 IMO. I think Easly will earn a spot in camp, call me crazy, but I just do. And Rogers has more upside than Smith and is cheaper, so think Rogers will be in assuming he can impress with smith the odd man out. If Rogers doesn't or becomes a problem, then we keep Smith.

you're crazy. heck you asked for it !

Buddy had snuck a couple words out in regard to easely that might have had me thinking he saw potential still.

I will go on record now as that was just smoke.

As for the new crew and including CJ and of course the old man SJ we have a lot of threats on field. if we can fit em up.

I recall many fans here talking up Rogers pre draft and they sure must be pleased at the value.

Smith might be odd man out and Stevie the Mentor ? Someone mentioned that Johnson would make a poor mentor early on here.

I would say he would be darned good.

And they said it was going to be the running game the Bills would rely on....

Edited by 3rdand12

They have been working out together since January, allegedly according to Woods twitter account.

We probably have to thank Woods for the Rogers signing then. He most likely chose us because of his relationship with Robert.

Gerald Dixon

Chris Hope

Ko Simpson

Benjamin Watson

Johnathan Joseph

Jonathan Hefney

Stephon Gilmore

Jeff Burris

Derek Ross

Rick Sanford

Phillip Adams

Donnie Shell

That's incredible. I mean, one of those players alone is worth MILLIONS, to say nothing of the whole group.

We probably have to thank Woods for the Rogers signing then. He most likely chose us because of his relationship with Robert.

I wouldn't go that far... He's going to go where he thinks he can shine. He's looking for a career not to hang out with Robert woods a few months a year. It might've helped with the "buffalo stigma"

But make no mistake, a chance to show what he has is #1

I wouldn't go that far... He's going to go where he thinks he can shine. He's looking for a career not to hang out with Robert woods a few months a year. It might've helped with the "buffalo stigma"

But make no mistake, a chance to show what he has is #1

Sure. Like most things and decisions in the real world, it's a combination of factors. First and foremost, the Bills have one starting WR. That overrides everything. The uncertainty of TJ, Brad Smith, Easley, etc adds to it. The release of Jones and Nelson adds more. The new coach and clean slate for all players adds more. The young guys in charge, and aggressiveness, and kind of offense we want to run (They brought Da'Rick in for a visit remember) adds more.

Drafting Woods was a nice little icing on the cake, but if he wasn't there, the Bills would have been an even better opportunity.

Gerald Dixon

Chris Hope

Ko Simpson

Benjamin Watson

Johnathan Joseph

Jonathan Hefney

Stephon Gilmore

Jeff Burris

Derek Ross

Rick Sanford

Phillip Adams

Donnie Shell

Not only that, but at least one of those dudes is worth millions!