Jets Personal Seat Licenses LMAO

Interesting story. I can't help but think how ridiculous that grown man looks in that picture.

On topic, all I can say is that PSLs are simultaneously the biggest rip-off and the most brilliant money-making ploy in sports. I don't think the Bills could use that model, at least not in the next couple of decades, but if they ever do -- that's the end of season tickets for me, that's for sure. I will never pay for a PSL. It's offensive.

You could spend what this guy is losing on his PSLs and see Bills games (with a friend, in GOOD seats) for the next 20 years!

"An owner of four “Coaches Club” PSLs behind the Jets bench paid $30,000 for each seat but is now trying to unload them for $12,000 a pop."

Cr-azy...

Yup, the Bills continue to be the best bargain in pro football. I pay a mere $1,100 for 2 lower level sidelines season tix (even for 7 regular season games, still very reasonable).

PSL's work great in a city like Baltimore because the team is competitive every year and it's the only game in town. The fans are rabid and it's THE place to be on Sunday afternoon's. Ticket prices are always sold on the secondary market for way above face value making PSL ownership a good investment. Jets are in a city with the Giants and so much else going on.

Edited by zow2

part of me feels bad for the fans getting screwed

the other part of me thinks the fans are financial idiots in all of this, and its kind of their own fault to buy high and sell in the dumpster because they dont like the team this year.

“I’ve come to the conclusion it’s just cheaper to go to road games and buy home games through StubHub,” said Kenny Scarabaggio, a season-ticket holder since 1983. “This whole PSL process was a rip-off.”

Grabbing a Jet Blue flight to RWS and getting tickets on on the secondary market is cheaper then going to a home Jets game! ATTN JET FANS! I have a nice block of seats in the Rockpile for a "New York" reasonable price. :D

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I have a buddy with 2 PSL's in Seattle. Love him for doing it, but have to question why. He pays through the nose for those things and I get them 2 games a year anyways. Good for me, dumb for him.

Your season ticket holders are where you make your money. I can see raising ticket prices across the board, but making it tougher for just the season ticket holders seems crazy to me, especially in a market with so many other choices.

Enjoy what we have now. There may well be some form of PSL for Bills tickets when the build the new stadium.

PTR

I hope everybody who so desperately wants a shiny, fancy dome downtown reads this article and connects the dots before they have to "buy the right to purchase season tickets."

PSL's are a complete joke. I was laughing my ass off when I heard teams were doing this, I laughed even harder at the dumbasses that bought into it.

A PSL means paying a fee up front for the mere right to buy season tickets each year you own the license, and if you don't buy the season ticket you forfeit your PSL

How seriously stupid would anyone have to believe to sign up for such a rip off

Raise your hand if you will be stupid enough to purchase a PSL..

Edited by ddaryl

Your season ticket holders are where you make your money. I can see raising ticket prices across the board, but making it tougher for just the season ticket holders seems crazy to me, especially in a market with so many other choices. I hope everybody who so desperately wants a shiny, fancy dome downtown reads this article and connects the dots before they have to "buy the right to purchase season tickets."

The only way a new stadium gets built is with a combination of funding sources, bonds, taxes, user fees, Bills, NFL, and yes some PSLs.

PTR

Your season ticket holders are where you make your money. I can see raising ticket prices across the board, but making it tougher for just the season ticket holders seems crazy to me, especially in a market with so many other choices. I hope everybody who so desperately wants a shiny, fancy dome downtown reads this article and connects the dots before they have to "buy the right to purchase season tickets."

If people refuse to purchase a PSL then they won't be able to implement them.

What is comes down to is those who are weak sauce and cave into the non sense. No reason for PSL's and as long as people refuse to pay them they will go away.. Ticket prices themselves will go higher, but screw PSL's

Edited by ddaryl

If people refuse to purchase a PSL then they won't be able to implement them.

What is comes down to is those who are weak sauce and cave into the non sense. No reason for PSL's and as long as people refuse to pay them they will go away..

i bet in winning times, especially during a strong economy, many of these people would be able to get their money back (maybe and then some).... it is what it is.... i think the $30k is obviously insane, but if treated as simply an asset that can be bought and sold - these people are crazy to be dumping them right now.

i have good, not great, saints tickets and have gotten some hefty offers to sign the rights over, and those dont come with PSLs, just a chance to skip the waiting list.

Edited by NoSaint

The only way a new stadium gets built is with a combination of funding sources, bonds, taxes, user fees, Bills, NFL, and yes some PSLs.

PTR

Bills are driving a Ford Taurus (RWS) and it's cheap for us fans. No car payment, etc.. Once they build a shiny new retractable roof stadium on the waterfront, "we" just bought ourselves a new CL-class Mercedes-Benz and a large car payment. Someone (i.e. fans) will have to pony up some cash for that.

Im cool with the Ralph. its used 9 times a year - why the F does it need to be perfect? Just put some damned shelves in the bathrooms so I can set my beer down while I try to find mini-peter through 8 layers of pants.

i also wish they could fix the traffic problem but thats more of an area layout issue than stadium issue.

Obviously $30K PSLs are just insanity. But I could see a surcharge on season tickets to raise money. For example, a $100 surcharge on 70,000 season tickets raises $7 million. Do that 10 years in a row and that's $70 million.

Maybe instead of a PSL it should be a loan? Whatever you put in the Bills pay you back after 10 years? But I think most would agree that taxpayers won't and shouldn't foot the bill.

Im cool with the Ralph. its used 9 times a year - why the F does it need to be perfect? Just put some damned shelves in the bathrooms so I can set my beer down while I try to find mini-peter through 8 layers of pants.

i also wish they could fix the traffic problem but thats more of an area layout issue than stadium issue.

RWS will be 50 years old at the end of the lease. They have to build something new.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

What. This is hard to believe that there is still a traffic problem after the second season of directional parking. Come from the north, park in the north lots come from the south park in south lots? Perhaps Abbott Road (the Main road in front of the Ralph) which was been advertised on TV,radio and the Buffalo News to be closed to traffic should be reopened instead of being used as a Buffalo Bills VIP use road only.

i agree, i would keep dumping money into, it worked for KC, green bay.. i am in the minority, but i think the idea of a new stadium kinda sucks.. whatever ambience or "character" that the ralph has is better than those cookie cutter stadiums in cincy, baltimore, and, cleveland. not sure if it is realistic, but i say, keep the ralph.. Edited by dwight in philly

the bills have psls in the club sections (orange seats) but they are much less than anyplace else ive heard of

It is a bit different. There is no upfront payment for the Bills tickets. They merely add-on a "fee" to the ticket prices each games.

Yup, the Bills continue to be the best bargain in pro football. I pay a mere $1,100 for 2 lower level sidelines season tix (even for 7 regular season games, still very reasonable).

PSL's work great in a city like Baltimore because the team is competitive every year and it's the only game in town. The fans are rabid and it's THE place to be on Sunday afternoon's. Ticket prices are always sold on the secondary market for way above face value making PSL ownership a good investment. Jets are in a city with the Giants and so much else going on.

San Diego Chargers announced a price reduction. The seats now range from $39 to $110 per seat. Is that cheaper than the Ralph?

This is interesting.

I'll try to shine a different light on this.

I live in Berlin, Germany.

The primary spectator sport here, obviously is soccer. The German "Bundesliga" has an average attendancy of about 45.000 which is by quite a margin the highest in Europe.

The average ticket price in the bundesliga is around 20 Euros which equals roughly 25 bucks - give or take two or three.

Now, European Soccer clubs do earn their money on Club Seats and VIP boxes. But the average price remains.

That by no means compromises the "game day experience." German stadiums are among the modern worldwide.

Fact is, I can go see a top-level game of soccer anytime for 30 or 40$ unless I'm unfortunate and it's sold out.

Enjoy what we have now. There may well be some form of PSL for Bills tickets when the build the new stadium.

PTR

WNY Southern Ontario not a market where the economics are strong enough for this. The Bills would do better to come up with an ownership model something like Green Bay where loyal fans could buy into the team. I recognize this is probably a pipe dream but would be more likely to generate money as compared to a PSL.

The Jets situation shows that a team not competitive on the field will lead to disenchantment among the fan base. Few people want to spend a great deal of money to see a bad team. Buffalo is perhaps the one exception.

The Bills might have PSLs at some point. They might bleed into many sections of the stadium. But the upper decks and the end zones will most likely never have them in any stadium. Not sure even the Jets have those. Or the Cowboys for that matter.

IMO the PSL is the downfall of all major sports. Over priced tickets. You take the REAL fans away from the ability to go to a game and you reserve it for business's who she'll out tickets to future clients who don't even care about the teams playing. They only want to spend money to get people to buy their products and kissing their asses is the way to do it.

I worked at Ingram Micro for years and I can vouch for probably half of the 200s bring purchased by them in a yearly basis. These people don't even care about hockey half the time. They take their reps out to dinner at BCH and head over to the Sabres game for a 3 hour suckfest. It's absolutely sickening for real fans that have to pay serious money for these tickets. The corporations raise the prices of every seat in the house.

With that said, I'm happy to say I didn't pay for a Sabres game in probably 2 years. Lol.

Suck it PSLs. I sit in the end zones and more than likely I know ill be safe from you.

The Bills might have PSLs at some point. They might bleed into many sections of the stadium. But the upper decks and the end zones will most likely never have them in any stadium. Not sure even the Jets have those. Or the Cowboys for that matter.

IMO the PSL is the downfall of all major sports. Over priced tickets. You take the REAL fans away from the ability to go to a game and you reserve it for business's who she'll out tickets to future clients who don't even care about the teams playing. They only want to spend money to get people to buy their products and kissing their asses is the way to do it.

I worked at Ingram Micro for years and I can vouch for probably half of the 200s bring purchased by them in a yearly basis. These people don't even care about hockey half the time. They take their reps out to dinner at BCH and head over to the Sabres game for a 3 hour suckfest. It's absolutely sickening for real fans that have to pay serious money for these tickets. The corporations raise the prices of every seat in the house.

With that said, I'm happy to say I didn't pay for a Sabres game in probably 2 years. Lol.

Suck it PSLs. I sit in the end zones and more than likely I know ill be safe from you.

Jim kelly club has PSL it's price is on every single ticket.Has been for years. Is it the outrageous price like in NJ? No.

BTW thank Al Davis for the concept.

Jim kelly club has PSL it's price is on every single ticket.Has been for years. Is it the outrageous price like in NJ? No.

BTW thank Al Davis for the concept.

i just don't think we will ever have it anywhere but the special club seats or between the. 20s. JMO.

If they do in the end zones and they are outrageous as in more than the tickets themselves, say goodbye to my money as a STH.

Lots of ignorance in this thread even though it has been pointed out that we do in fact have PSL. Structured in a more reasonable way but they are there. Kelly, Miller and Maguire Club as has been mentioned have them as a surcharge on the ticket.

So the better seats are $190 for example and the ticket cost is actually $55 and the rest, voila your Buffalo Bills PSL!

Many people wouldn't pay that and I think someone said what kind of idiot would pay that? Well Just Jack stepped up with a smiley and said he does. I do too and have been doing this for this load of crap team for quite some time. Why? Bills fan. :death:

And we are fans as much as any in the Rock. We just dont have to fight as much though. We get to use real bathrooms when we need to. We get full service bar at our the seat the entire game. None of this cut off after half time crap and that sold me on the idea years ago. We get food that is better but still really just crap. My crew enjoys it as though we are in the lower bowl. Admittedly there are many sitting there who couldn't survive if they had to sit in the Rockpile but some of could and yet we still choose to sit in the Club seats. Stupid? Yes. Back to my point, Bills fan! :death::w00t: