Shawne merriman is back with the Bills

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They must have gotten a good look at the tape showing Kelsay getting abused in the run game yesterday as well as losing contain of Kolb on scrambles. He played terribly and I've never been one to jump on the anti-Kelsay bandwagon. It was honestly one of his worst games as a DE (he never should have been asked to play the OLB position).

GO BILLS!!!

And I was about to disagree, because I felt it was one of the better performances we've seen from a defensive tackle this season.

Then I realized those two observations aren't necessarily mutually exclusive.

i like it b/c we definitely need depth/leadership at the LB position...i thought Bradham played a pretty good game against the cards though when he was in there..wouldn't mind seeing more of him. To me, Bradham is already better than Scott.

Edited by bobobonators

The great thing is that he's been out of the league for a few months and I'm sure he was hitting the "JUICE" pretty hard. So maybe he'll be a wrecking ball for the remainder of the season until the juice wears off or his legs. Whichever comes first.

Exactly. -DRUG TEST!!!

Yeah....sounds like Anderson is out for a while. But hey, he knows the system and was playing pretty OK in the preseason. Will be interesting to see how he will be used.

Please use him as a LB. Pass rush from the outside. Line can keep Kelsay, Williams, Williams and Dearus. LB: Sheppard, Barnett, Bradham (sp)/Merriman.

i like it b/c we definitely need depth/leadership at the LB position...i thought Bradham played a pretty good game against the cards though when he was in there..wouldn't mind seeing more of him. To me, Bradham is already better than Scott.

Yeah, but that's not hard since Scott is a DB who the Bills oddly think is a LB.

Also, the people who think this is a bad idea need to consider: (1) Anderson is out for the year; (2) what other options are there to replace him that are as good as Merriman. At worst, he plays at our current players level, at best, he plays decent like he did a few times in preseason and at the beginning of last season.

Edited by RyanC883

This is good... Anderson is a little undersized, so Merriman and him are similar players. Fills that void. Can we talk about how good a motivated Chris Kelsey was? I'm not a huge fan of his, but way to step up!!

I agree. He came to play. The AZ O-line is terrible, but Kelsey is reliable. Generally slightly above average on a consistent basis, knows where he is supposed to be on the field, etc. A quality backup/rotational player.

People suggest this all the time. Sorry, but he just ISN'T a 4-3 LB. His "speed" is relative, decent speed (had) for a DE, not for a 4-3 LB. Especially because Wanny's system doesn't blitz. He is either a 3-4 strong LB, or a 4-3 DE (very similar). Oh yeah, he has never played 4-3 LB either...

:w00t:

Regardless of past positional play I'm sure he can contain better than anyone we have at linebacker but you are right Wanny doesn't bring his linebacker's in often enough to blitz. One of the main reason's his defensive coaching style has become so vanilla and predictable. I would just like to see it for my own eyes because i sure as hell don't trust the judgement of our coaching staff

Merriman does not have to be a DE. He does not have to be a LB, either. I did not watch Sunday. Merriman can be hands up DE stacked beside or behind a DT. We showed some stunts last week, with Merriman maybe we can do the same. I want to see us do some fun things. I want to use this guy up, get every drop we can.

As PTR pointed out, this is my 7,000 post. This means 7,000 times I have shared valuable knowledge and insight to the world. You are all welcome

Edited by jboyst62

Give me a freakin' break...not this again. Already being viewed as the "savior" of the Buffalo Bills for the second time. Give it a rest. Merriman was a free agent for 7 weeks and had 1 tryout? Do you think he was waiting for the "perfect opportunity"? There is a reason why he was not signed. He already said Buffalo was not the right fit, yet he is back. Hmmm, do yourselves a favor and dont put an ounce of faith in this signing. Most of you have been doing it for years, a washed up, 27 year old, injury prone, steroid juice-head that has not been productive in 5 years.

"BUFFALO - The only city in the world where Shawn Merriman is still relevant"

Edited by FigPatrick

Give me a freakin' break...not this again. Already being viewed as the "savior" of the Buffalo Bills for the second time. Give it a rest. Merriman was a free agent for 7 weeks and had 1 tryout? Do you think he was waiting for the "perfect opportunity"? There is a reason why he was not signed. He already said Buffalo was not the right fit, yet he is back. Hmmm, do yourselves a favor and dont put an ounce of faith in this signing. Most of you have been doing it for years, a washed up, 27 year old, injury prone, steroid juice-head that has not been productive in 5 years.

"BUFFALO - The only city in the world where Shawn Merriman is still relevant"

You signed up today just to share your nuggets of wisdom with us. Gee, thanks. <_<

PTR

You signed up today just to share your nuggets of wisdom with us. Gee, thanks. <_<

PTR

You seem like a bunch of suckers to me then. "Happy to have him back" you say? Why? So he can do absolutely nothing in a Buffalo uniform for another year? You do realize he was good back in 2006 and 2007 correct? You also realize he was not playing for the Buffalo Bills during those years? Wow, seems like you NEED some fresh insight around here.

You seem like a bunch of suckers to me then. "Happy to have him back" you say? Why? So he can do absolutely nothing in a Buffalo uniform for another year? You do realize he was good back in 2006 and 2007 correct? You also realize he was not playing for the Buffalo Bills during those years? Wow, seems like you NEED some fresh insight around here.

Thanks for bringing us fresh insight here to the most successful and longest running Bills message board.

Real cool to call us suckers, too. Bro fist!

Merriman does not have to be a DE. He does not have to be a LB, either. I did not watch Sunday. Merriman can be hands up DE stacked beside or behind a DT. We showed some stunts last week, with Merriman maybe we can do the same.

+1 I was going to post the same, but hey, you already said it.

Gotcha.

"Fresh insight" = Stale Criticism

Thank you very little.

Thanks for bringing us fresh insight here to the most successful and longest running Bills message board.

Real cool to call us suckers, too. Bro fist!

Message Board? Sounds more like a therapy session for some of you. Must be a pretty long session at that since the Bills have been terrible for over a decade. A few of you get it at least. Must be tough to filter all the "rha-rha" stuff out and get down to the posts that make sense. How many people here know how the NFL works? When a player is cut because he has been oft injured over the past 5 years, he does not fit your scheme and has had little to no interest from any other NFL team I would not consider that a victory. The true value was seeing Moore on the field this past Sunday and see him play pretty well. He at least has a career ahead of him vs. one that has been shut down 5 years ago.

I actually wish Merriman well, but to be "excited" about this is exactly what the Bills want you to feel as they know that can pull the wool over your eyes yet again.

Remind me who we cut to add him to the roster?

Still waiting...

Message Board? Sounds more like a therapy session for some of you. Must be a pretty long session at that since the Bills have been terrible for over a decade. A few of you get it at least. Must be tough to filter all the "rha-rha" stuff out and get down to the posts that make sense. How many people here know how the NFL works? When a player is cut because he has been oft injured over the past 5 years, he does not fit your scheme and has had little to no interest from any other NFL team I would not consider that a victory. The true value was seeing Moore on the field this past Sunday and see him play pretty well. He at least has a career ahead of him vs. one that has been shut down 5 years ago.

I actually wish Merriman well, but to be "excited" about this is exactly what the Bills want you to feel as they know that can pull the wool over your eyes yet again.

post-1661-0-26569400-1344911069_thumb.gif

3 posts and to ignore already. One of the great features of the board!

Buffalo is installing the "Flickering Lights D": Lights Out, Lights On, Lights Out, Lights On.

As long as it's as successful as wax on, wax off, wax on, wax off was...then me and Mr. Myagi will be happy.

I can just see Merriman standing in crane position, all focused, waiting for the snap.

Anyhow, I'm glad he's back...my expectations for what he will add on the field aren't as high as

when he first came obviously, but I agree with others, he might be just what this defensive locker-room needs.

And if he produces on the field, all the better.