We lost another Bills fan

Guffalo

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We lost another Bills fan yesterday. Kevin Weil, an artist and businessman from Kenmore passed away last night. He was responsible for the early artwork for the Buffalo Bills in the AFL in the early 60's. he will be missed, he was also my Dad

Sample Bills covers

I'm very sorry for your loss. Prayers go out to you and your family. Maybe Dad can shine a little light on our Bills this year and make it special.

My Condolences, Guffalo. I remember some of that art! I liked his character for Buffalo Bill. Save his artwork, scan it, and save that, too. I have lots from my Dad, including several of his Instamatic camera designs for Kodak (Kodak was a company that made cameras in the silver halide days). I sometimes like to go through his sketches, doodles, and working drawings.

We lost another Bills fan yesterday. Kevin Weil, an artist and businessman from Kenmore passed away last night. He was responsible for the early artwork for the Buffalo Bills in the AFL in the early 60's. he will be missed, he was also my Dad

Sample Bills covers

Sorry to read about your father's passing, and thank you for sharing some of his work.

Sincerest condolences. Your dads artwork is fantastic. May it bring back fond memories for you and your family.

I would be proud to have one or more of those posters framed and hanging in my home.

Sorry for your loss my friend. Those were fantastic.

Can I throw something out there. Many of us older posters have some dads/uncles that were a big part of the old days of the Bills. Many of them, my dad included have no idea how to navigate the Internet but please point them this way. We could set up a spot for them to tell stories of the old days. I'm 51 but my dad hung at the Rock Pile all the time. Could be some great stories.

I hope the memories of your dad and his accomplishments lessen your grief. it's special that he was a part of early Bills history.

Whatever happened to the Buffalo Bill character? At what point did he fade from the marketing of the team?

I am very sorry for your loss. Having lost my Dad, I can appreciate what you are going through. Although there are now words that can ease your pain, I do know that as time goes on, you will think more and more about the good times you had together.

All the best to you and your family.

Peter

I'm very sorry for your loss Guffalo, my thoughts and prayers are with you. Of course you're proud just to be your Father's son but I'm sure that your chest swelled just a little bit more with pride when they referred to your dad as the home town hero. May time pass and ease the pain of your loss but your dad does still lives, he lives in you. Treasure your thoughts, embrace your memories. It is bittersweet but the beauty of it is those things are personal and your dad shared them just with you. God bless.

1340593977[/url]' post='2492351']

Sorry for your loss my friend. Those were fantastic.

Can I throw something out there. Many of us older posters have some dads/uncles that were a big part of the old days of the Bills. Many of them, my dad included have no idea how to navigate the Internet but please point them this way. We could set up a spot for them to tell stories of the old days. I'm 51 but my dad hung at the Rock Pile all the time. Could be some great stories.

Great idea! I'm all for it!!

Thanks for all the kind words. The obit posted today.

One thing that was pretty cool was the year that Bruce and Ralph went into the hall of fame coincided with the 50th anniversary of the AFL. I went with my brother and sister and when we got to the hall, for each team, the original old logo were displayed on large banners around the exhibition space. there was "Buffalo Bill" that my dad had drawn when I was just a pup. At that point Dad was not able to travel, but with dust in my eyes, I called him and told him he was a "Hall of Fame Dad". For Fathers day that year I got in touch with the HOF and they sent me the graphic that was used to produce the banner. I ended up printing up a small banner for him as a gift.

Thanks for all the kind words. The obit posted today.

One thing that was pretty cool was the year that Bruce and Ralph went into the hall of fame coincided with the 50th anniversary of the AFL. I went with my brother and sister and when we got to the hall, for each team, the original old logo were displayed on large banners around the exhibition space. there was "Buffalo Bill" that my dad had drawn when I was just a pup. At that point Dad was not able to travel, but with dust in my eyes, I called him and told him he was a "Hall of Fame Dad". For Fathers day that year I got in touch with the HOF and they sent me the graphic that was used to produce the banner. I ended up printing up a small banner for him as a gift.

Great story. Sorry for your loss and thank you for sharing your Dad's story.........

Thank you for posting your Dad's artwork. I always love looking at the artwork on old programs and I appreciate your Dad's style and artistry. My condolences on your loss, I just lost my Dad a couple of months ago and I miss him every day. BTW, my screen name is from a long time ago and has nothing to do with losing my Dad. I always say I've been a Buffalo Bills fan for over 35 years, so I must need therapy. I blame my Dad for getting season tickets for the Bills when I was 4. : )

Edited by need therapy

Sample Bills covers

so sorry for your loss. hang in there!

RIP

Sample Bills covers

Condolences. Love the art work. He will forever be part of the Bills.