TOTB: FJax for Kalil - Cleve, Minn and Buff

First thing I thought of after seeing a trade F-Jax thread.

Trade1: F-Jax to Cleveland for their 4th overall pick

Trade2: Trade 4 and 10 to MINN for Kalil

Would you do?

Huge Fred fan but would make this trade in a sec

:w00t:

No.

Would you do?

Is trade 1 just straight up? Obviously if so. I dont trade home to move up from 10 though.

I think he means to swap picks, but Fred doesn't make that swap happen alone.

I don't think so cause then he swapped 4 and 10 for Kalil. None of this will happen.

Edited by Carey Bender

Just say no to trading Fred. The days of playing for next year are over. We're making a run for the playoffs THIS YEAR.

This ^^^^^^^

if we were to move up to the #4 spot though I wouldn't be drafting anyone except Blackmon. He will be the next stud WR in the league. TO, Andre Johnson, Anquan Boldin all come to my mind when comparing Blackmon to current or recently current players. I think he is going to be GREAT!

my bad, my brain skipped over anyone thinking that Fred for a 1st is possible.

Hey man I got 2 1sts and a 2nd for him in madden. Traded fitz for a 2nd too. I got 2 awesome pass rushers and a shut down corner. Picked up a sleeper qb in the 4th. Just throug 6k yards.

Buddy must be asleep at the wheel

This ^^^^^^^

if we were to move up to the #4 spot though I wouldn't be drafting anyone except Blackmon. He will be the next stud WR in the league. TO, Andre Johnson, Anquan Boldin all come to my mind when comparing Blackmon to current or recently current players. I think he is going to be GREAT!

A qualm boldin? Really? He doesn't belong in that group

I like the op's idea, but why not just trade fred to indy for their first. Then we could take andrew luck. Trade fitz to the browns for the #4 pick and grab kalil. Move next year's first rounder and merriman for the #5 pick and take blackmon. Then use the #10 pick on trent richardson. That would give us a nice young core for the next few years.

Would you do?

Fred Jackson is worth 4th overall pick?

I have been watching the Buffalo Bills since 1972. Fred Jackson is one of the best football players to ever play for the Bills. Period.

You do not get better by trading away one of the best football players your organization has ever had. This makes you worse.

Fred Jackson has gotten better every year. He showed no signs of slowing down last year prior to getting hurt.

He is one of the most complete offensive skill players in football. He can run, catch, block all very well. So please stop trying to trade Fred a known commodity for a college player that only has a 50% chance of success in the NFL.

Pay Him and that is that.

then we could trade Fitz to the Colts for the number 1 overall and get Luck, then trade McDole to the Redskins for the #2 overall and get RGIII, then trade Luck to the Jets for Tebow and then trade ...............

Would you do?

No NFL GM who wants to stay employed would possibly consider trading a #4 pick for a 31 yr old RB coming off a serious injury.

I love FJax but that's just the business

Would you do?

I'd make it, but I don't see Cleveland or any team giving up a 4th for a 30 year old RB, no matter who he is.

You call this "thinking outside the box"?

These moronic threads are getting worse by the day.

Hey, don't bash the guy. Perhaps the Raiders or Redskins would make this trade...... ;)

Would you do?

:bag::thumbdown:

Don't be such a homer- outside of Buffalo a 31 year old running back, with a ONE 1,000 yard season in his career AND coming off a season ending LEG injury is at best worth a fourth rounder.

That's it- no emotional argument will work. The guy played great last year but RB is an easily replaceable commodity these days. I'm guessing this is also the hold up on the contract renegotiation- Fred is not going to be paid what he thinks he's worth.

Don't be such a homer- outside of Buffalo a 31 year old running back, with a ONE 1,000 yard season in his career AND coming off a season ending LEG injury is at best worth a fourth rounder.

(...) I'm guessing this is also the hold up on the contract renegotiation- Fred is not going to be paid what he thinks he's worth.

Possible, but also likely that the team medical staff and coaches want to evaluate a fully-healed, back-in-condition Fred to make sure that he's up to last year's physical condition before they pay him.

If Minnesota wants Kalil they are going to take him... no matter what. Now if (for some reason) Minnesota takes Claiborne or someone like that, I could see a lot of teams calling Cleveland on the phone.

And the Bills would not be one of those teams.

Edited by BuckeyeBill

LMAO off at those who think FJ could actually fetch anything higher than a 4th round pick (let alone the 4th overall) and laughing even harder at those dumb enough to reject a trade of FJ for the #4 overall pick.

Nix would need to be immediately fired if he rejected some team dumb enough to give us a first round pick for a 31 year old RB coming off major leg injury and only one 1000 yard season on his resume. I love Fred as much as anyone, but there are only a few RB's in the league that would fetch a first round pick and Fred isn't even close to making that list at this stage of his career. Doesn't mean be isn't a good player still, means you don't give up a potential corner stone of your franchise for the next decade (the 4th pick) for a guy at or near the end of his career, ESPECIALLY teams rebuilding (you know all the teams picking pretty much in the top 15).

At least this thread contributes to the board in another way...by showing who actually knows something about football and who is just tragically delusional in their understanding of the game outside of madden.

PS: We would be STUPID to trade the #4 pick and the #10 pick for the #3 pick to get an OT even if this lame fantasy trade did happen. We could get Blackmon at 4 and a top OT at 10...that's a thousand times better than trading both picks for the 3rd.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Just say no to trading Fred. The days of playing for next year are over. We're making a run for the playoffs THIS YEAR.

Seems pretty silly to say this as you are basically implying we can't win with CJ which is just not true. CJ is faster, more elusive, more explosive, and is just as good if not better at recieving. The only thing Fred is better at right now is blocking and breaking tackles up the middle. So to imply we can't win unless we keep FJ is a bit silly, especially if we traded FJ for the #4 pick and took Blackmon. Doesn't mean FJ isn't a great player, it says more about CJ's talent. What the hell is with this board always hating on CJ? He pretty much proved his talent last year and is ready to explode.

No offense but you are delusional if you think FJ + CJ is better than Blackmon + CJ. But don't worry, no one would offer more than a 5th round pick for FJ at the age of 31, coming off a serious leg injury and with only one 1000 yard season in his career. So you have nothing to worry about because this trade scenario is so impossible that we might as well be discussing trading FJ to GB for Aaron Rodgers.

Edited by Alphadawg7

my bad, my brain skipped over anyone thinking that Fred for a 1st is possible.

LOL -- same thing happened to me. A top five pick for a 31 yo RB? :lol:

You call this "thinking outside the box"?

These moronic threads are getting worse by the day.

And we've got another 3+ weeks of watching them get worse. I can't wait till someone proposed a package to get the #2 pick from the Redskins.

And we've got another 3+ weeks of watching them get worse. I can't wait till someone proposed a package to get the #2 pick from the Redskins.

Think of the possibilities though if we do get the #2 pick from the Redskins. With so many teams clamoring for RG3, we could then trade down and get all kinds of great picks like New England does every year, and they're the model franchise.