TEBOW!!! is a Jet! (finally)

I personally would either trade Thigpen or release Thigpen for Tebow. Sure Tebow may have some throwing flaws this early in age but you have to remember. Jim Kelly wanted this kid badly. He can learn from Jim and still bring a positive vibe to the team. Secondly, Tebow is still young, positive and always finds a way to win. Thigpen on the other hand is aging and overpaid. He doesnt bring the same positive vibe but quite honeslty we can draft a raw rookie and inherit his skills.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's all contribute with the pros and cons of each.

I will start with the Thigpen Pros. Next poster do Thigpen cons; Then Tebow pros; then Tebow Cons. That way we'll get four different objective opinions before the discussion gets rolling.

Here goes:

A list of different pros for Thigpen

Thigpen sucks. Tebow blows. . .enough said!

As a side note to this thread:

1. Please follow the protocol.

2. If your not going to use proper grammar your not going to be taken seriously.

Hey, Mr. Grammar Policeman. . .it's you're, not your.

Should we all stop taking you seriously now?

I don't like the sideshow or giving up picks. Con for Tebow.

Thiggy had a decent run with Chan in KC. Pro for Thigpen.

Thigpen sucks. Tebow blows. . .enough said!

Hey, Mr. Grammar Policeman. . .it's you're, not your.

Should we all stop taking you seriously now?

new here much?

Not that it's in the spirit of this thread, but the snaps thigpen played were after virtually no practice time. I expect him to look competent in preseason this year.

I know it's chic to bash on him (and this is completely separate from any PlayerName vs Thigpen debate), but I don't think he is as bad as many like to think.

Denver...Peyton in, Tebow out

https://twitter.com/...770388144005122

http://www.rotoworld...the-trade-block

give up Thigpin and Brad Smith which saves 6-7 mill and let baby Jesus run the WC, and be groomed by Gailey

IDC what anyone says, the kid is a winner! Took over a 1-4 loser and sparked them into the playoffs

If Russ Brandon was still GM it would get done because like TO, Tebow would put fannies in seats. I also agree with your thought on dumping Brad Smith and bringing in Tebow for the wildcat roll. This guy dominated in the 4th quarter when opposing defenses were tired. Bring Tebow in when the other team is sucking wind and have him run wild

I think Tebow is a great person and he can be a player in this league, but as a poster stated on another thread, he is too much of a distraction. Do you really want Tebowmania running wild in Buffalo?

I hope we pass.

AGREED!

This would have the potential for another Johnson/Flutie debacle which eventually cost Wade Phillips his job. Just say no.

Protege? Fitz is 28? Right...... if he plays well! to good...he will be here for the next 5 years barring injuries or extremely bad play ..... if Fitz was 32-33 then I could see it...

Fitz turns 30 this fall ... he's closer to the end than the beginning.

That said, getting Tebow is not a viable solution to the backup QB problems on the Bills' roster. Denver had to change its entire offense (simplify it) in order for Tebow to run it successfully. That's not something you can do with your backup QB and expect to win. If Fitz goes down in the middle of the game are the Bills expected to have a "Tebow-friendly" offense ready to go on a moment's notice? There's not enough practice time in the week to install TWO offenses each week just in case Tebow Fitz goes down.

Tebow isn't a backup QB. It makes absolutely no sense.

Since Denver basically snagged the rug from under Tim Tebow, it appears that they are going to try to trade Tebow. Of course, everyone says Jacksonville but they just signed Chad Henne to a big deal and have Blaine Gabbert waiting in the wings. I don't think it makes much sense to bring Tebow on board unless they are planning to cut ties with Gabbert.

Some have speculated Miami. While I don't this would be a bad move for the Fins, I am doubting that Jeff Ireland has the intelligence to pull this move off. I'm assuming they will sign Alex Smith to a huge deal and get the Alex Smith of 2009.

So...why not have Buffalo sign the guy as a backup to Fitz. He can't be any worse than Tyler Thigpen. Plus Tebow is a gimmick player. Chan could find some awesome packages to get him involved, just like he did with Kordell Stewart back in the day. Really I would love to have a positive influence like Tebow on board. Tebowmania should come to Buffalo baby

I said this last week and got grilled but I'm all for it. He could learn under Chan and Fitz and in a couple of years be a true Franchise QB.

Just like we did for Brad Smith?

We need two option QBs?

Why?

Simple get rid of Smith.

I said this last week and got grilled but I'm all for it. He could learn under Chan and Fitz and in a couple of years be a true Franchise QB.

Simple get rid of Smith.

Yes, for Terrell's indoor footall team.

He is NOT a QB. He is a fullback that throws like a varsity women's javelin tosser. Real defenses made him look stupid.

If reports are correct and it would only take a 5th round pick or less, it might actually be worth the circus to bring him in. Just some reasons in my head:

1) I'm still not 100% sold on Fitz being the answer at #1 qb.

2) I'm definitely not convinced that Thigpen or Smith can adequately serve as #2.

3) We have no young QB on the roster to develop.

4) The cost would be minimal

5) Tebow appears to be a very high character individual who would most likely come in, work hard and not personally cause a distraction*

6) Tebow's skill sets seems to fit well with some of the aspects of Gailey's offense and he could potentially be a very useful weapon for us

*the concern are the Tebowmaniac who would never accept Tebow being #2 at best and would always be clamoring for him to start.

I really am starting to think that it might be worth the risk to bring him in and build some offensive plays around him. Let Brad Smith focus on WR/Emergency QB full time.

If compared to Thigpen then Tebow is way better. He brings a positive vibe to the team and most importantly knows how to win. The kicker is that he is Jim Kellys boy as he wanted the Bills to draft him a couple years ago. I think in the long run it would be a cost savings move. By the way, rumor has it that New England is thinking about bringing him in. If he sucks then whey would they bother? Because they can see raw talent in a player and capitalize on it.

He'll be a Jaguar in about 24 hours.

The Jags need the hype to sell tickets, Tebow is a Florida hero, and Mularkey loves designing trick QB plays.

Perfect fit.

This.

Good money is on the Jags for all of the above reasons. Hilarious if Miami tries and misses out again.

Since Denver basically snagged the rug from under Tim Tebow, it appears that they are going to try to trade Tebow. Of course, everyone says Jacksonville but they just signed Chad Henne to a big deal and have Blaine Gabbert waiting in the wings. I don't think it makes much sense to bring Tebow on board unless they are planning to cut ties with Gabbert.

Some have speculated Miami. While I don't this would be a bad move for the Fins, I am doubting that Jeff Ireland has the intelligence to pull this move off. I'm assuming they will sign Alex Smith to a huge deal and get the Alex Smith of 2009.

:wallbash:So...why not have Buffalo sign the guy as a backup to Fitz. He can't be any worse than Tyler Thigpen. Plus Tebow is a gimmick player. Chan could find some awesome packages to get him involved, just like he did with Kordell Stewart back in the day. Really I would love to have a positive influence like Tebow on board. Tebowmania should come to Buffalo baby

:thumbdown:

God gave you clear skies and 70 degrees in March to sign Williams. They guy even put deer in Kelly's back yard.

Don't be greedy.

LOL Mike! I'd rather have TO back the Tebow, Fitz liked throwing to him and TO knew Edwards was a kitty and helped run him out of town.

Also I wonder what Tebows cap number is, he signed under the old CBA.

Because the guy CAN'T THROW A !@#$ING FOOTBALL FROM THE BEACH AND HIT THE OCEAN.

Part of being a backup QB requires you to be able to throw a football with slightly more accuracy than the fat drunk guy in Row 3, Seat 5.

Tebow is a great guy, a great team player and a running back trying desperately to be a QB.

Yeah That pass to Demaryius Thomas was just a dump off into the flat.

If compared to Thigpen then Tebow is way better. He brings a positive vibe to the team and most importantly knows how to win. The kicker is that he is Jim Kellys boy as he wanted the Bills to draft him a couple years ago. I think in the long run it would be a cost savings move. By the way, rumor has it that New England is thinking about bringing him in. If he sucks then whey would they bother? Because they can see raw talent in a player and capitalize on it.

Then we could get Mallet which I would be for as well.

This.

Good money is on the Jags for all of the above reasons. Hilarious if Miami tries and misses out again.

That would be Hilarious :lol:

Anyone who thinks Tebow wouldnt kill it in that short yardage wildcat thing that Gaily wants to run that had like a 70 pecent success rate early in the season must have Buffalo poop for brains. He was born to run it. Three yards or less with our running backs and Tebow in the back field for a fifth rounder would be a gift from God. amen