TEBOW!!! is a Jet! (finally)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

keep drinking that kool-aid.

I'm pretty sure Elway knows what he is talking about when it comes to the QB position. His job is to get his team a Superbowl, not win a few games. Tebow will never get them there.

Too bad you don't have the same blind support for the Buffalo Bills.

The BRONCOS won the game, not Tebow. They could actually do something if they had a real QB cause their D is pretty good.

You mean go 6-0 instead of 5-1 the past 6 games? Great point.

The "BRONCOS" weren't winning many games before the current QB was named starter.

got to wonder at times just how stupid this gets..... not to claim I think it possible, but I swear , Bronco's could win Super Bowl and from many of you I would be reading sure , he led one Super Bowl winning team but he will never win again and will never be a good quarterback. Good grief , they guy is a young player with much to learn , who is having current success, give it a rest, he will learn and succeed or like many to try before him he won't.

got to wonder at times just how stupid this gets..... not to claim I think it possible, but I swear , Bronco's could win Super Bowl and from many of you I would be reading sure , he led one Super Bowl winning team but he will never win again and will never be a good quarterback. Good grief , they guy is a young player with much to learn , who is having current success, give it a rest, he will learn and succeed or like many to try before him he won't.

I find it frustrating and hilarious listening to "the haters". They doubt him at each step ("He'll only be an H-back", "No one will draft him", "He cant be a full time starter", "He cant keep winning games") and Timmy proves them wrong every time.

I dont get why people feel so invested in wanting him to fail. He's a good guy and entertaining player. He doesnt play for a division rival. Outside of when the Bills play Denver, what's so wrong about being happy the kid succeeds? And what do "the haters" get out of it if he fails?

Go Tebow! :thumbsup:

I don't care if Tewbow fails or not. I just can't believe that you guys are drooling over a passer, who has a comp% of 45.5?

If he was a Buffalo Bill putting up those kind of numbers, he would be ripped to shreds around here. I guess we only throw our own players under the bus.

Seems like a nice guy. I just don't think he is a very good QB. That's it.

I don't care if Tewbow fails or not. I just can't believe that you guys are drooling over a passer, who has a comp% of 45.5?

If he was a Buffalo Bill putting up those kind of numbers, he would be ripped to shreds around here. I guess we only throw our own players under the bus.

No one is "drooling" and no one is saying he's a "passer".

He's a player who plays the QB position, who has lead his team to a 5-1 record. He does it unconventionally, which seems to reeeeeally piss some people off. I just enjoy cheering for the kid. I dont care how he gets it done.

And neither should fans. Do we cheer for stats or for wins?

I don't feel like rewinding through the entire thread to identify who made the comparison, but whomever compared Tebow to Flutie was dead on.

Consider the parallels: Quite often, their detractors hate them and their supporters love them.

Both of them continuously win football games but their detractors insisted that it is the defense and not the quarterback.

In both cases the detractors ignore the fact that their teams were consistently losing before they took over the reigns.

For the sake of full disclosure, I believe Flutie was a big reason for the Bills winning and going to our last two playoff appearances (after the 0-3 Rob Johnson start).

For the sake of full disclosure, I'm a bit annoyed with Tebow and his supporters but… I'm gonna hand it to the guy. Tebow deserves a bunch of credit.

Earlier this year there were lots of people on this board saying that Orton was as good/better than Fitz… but Orton was 1-4 as Denver's starter. Only now are people saying he sucks.

Tebow is 5-1 as Denver's starter.

You can rationalize and say the Denver defense has improved blah blah blah but it's still 1-4 versus 5-1 just like it was 0-3 versus 10-3 (back in 1998).

As with all discussions, you can lock yourself into an opinion or you can keep an open mind.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

I don't feel like rewinding through the entire thread to identify who made the comparison, but whomever compared Tebow to Flutie was dead on.

Consider the parallels: Quite often, their detractors hate them and their supporters love them.

Both of them continuously win football games but their detractors insisted that it is the defense and not the quarterback.

In both cases the detractors ignore the fact that their teams were consistently losing before they took over the reigns.

For the sake of full disclosure, I believe Flutie was a big reason for the Bills winning and going to our last two playoff appearances (after the 0-3 Rob Johnson start).

For the sake of full disclosure, I'm a bit annoyed with Tebow and his supporters but… I'm gonna hand it to the guy. Tebow deserves a bunch of credit.

Earlier this year there were lots of people on this board saying that Orton was as good/better than Fitz… but Orton was 1-4 as Denver's starter. Only now are people saying he sucks.

Tebow is 5-1 as Denver's starter.

You can rationalize and say the Denver defense has improved blah blah blah but it's still 1-4 versus 5-1 just like it was 0-3 versus 10-3 (back in 1998).

As with all discussions, you can lock yourself into an opinion or you can keep an open mind.

Here's what's nice about building around tebow:

In the salary cap era you can only have so many big dollar players. In Denver you no longer need an elite WR, you can get by with decent backs, don't need the franchise LT pass blocker, and tebow will never be a 20m a year qb.... Those dollars and picks can go defense now. You get an elite D, and a functional offense out of the equation.

On top of that - teams are investing more and more dollars and picks in the secondary leaving depth in the front 7, especially at LB thinner for many teams. When you run nickle 60% of the time, it's silly not to shift spending towards the 3rd corner rather than the 3rd LB. Matchups will favor them for awhile.

Can it keep up? Who knows. Does it have potential? Sure.

It seems to YE OLE that Tebow is becoming the the Doug Flutie of this generation... purely from an on the field stand point. The polarization these two cause is unlike any other. You either love them or hate them. Either you believe they "just win" or you believe they are an embarassment to the position of QB.

Personally, YE OLE enjoyed watching Flutie play, and YE OLE has come to enjoy watching Tebow play. What is bizarre is why so many people care to continue to tell us why Tebow can't make it. Either he will make it or he won't, but it's odd that so many of his critics seem so vested in it. It's a strange phenomenon... some people around here actually seemed pissed off every time the Bills won with Flutie under center too.

not if he was winning.

Good Lord, the Broncos are winning because of their defense and in spite of Tebow, not because of him. Not to mention the fact that they haven't exactly beaten great teams. If Miami doesn't botch that onside kick, Tebow might not have even played the next week he was so bad. San Diego is imploding, KC sucks, the Jets are mediocre and Oakland was going through a QB transition. The comparisons to Flutie are ridiculous. Flutie had talent and could pass the ball.

The comparisons to Flutie are ridiculous. Flutie had talent and could pass the ball.

That is my belief, but there are tons of people here who would disagree with the bolded.

And again, as I predicted upthread, some will attempt to explain away/rationalize the Tebow wins and others can come up with counter arguments as to why his wins are legit.