TEBOW!!! is a Jet! (finally)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Super Bowl Hero Kurt Warner Gives A Little Spiritual Advice To Tim Tebow:

Kurt Warner wore his beliefs proudly during a remarkable 12-year career as an NFL quarterback, but he believes Tim Tebow needs to rein in his evangelizing just a little. Although Warner says he's pulling for the Broncos quarterback to succeed, he has an interesting recommendation for the second-year Broncos star:

"I'd tell him (Tebow), 'Put down the boldness in regards to the words, and keep living the way you're living," Warner told the Arizona Republic. "Let your teammates do the talking for you. Let them cheer on your testimony."

"I know what he's going through," Warner told the Republic, "and I know what he wants to accomplish, but I don't want anybody to become calloused toward Tim because they don't understand him, or are not fully aware of who he is. And you're starting to see that a little bit."

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/201111/super-bowl-hero-kurt-warners-suprising-tebow-advice

I don't care if Tewbow fails or not. I just can't believe that you guys are drooling over a passer, who has a comp% of 45.5?

It may not be his passing that is helping his team win, but he IS helping his team win. Watch the highlights from the SD game, when Tebow does drop back to pass he has ALL DAY to throw, but it isnt that he has an all pro OL, the SD line isnt rushing - they are all spying Tebow waiting for him to run. This helps his [worst in the league] receiving corp [who is averaging 4-5 drops a game at a minimum] get open and his OL look like superstars. Denver's running game has peaked because guess what - the outside defenders have to worry about Tebow running it on the zone reads. In essence Tebow is blocking two defenders by just being on the field, which lets McGahee run up the middle with ease. Their D is also playing better but Denver is also owning in time of possesion, which helps the D both in real life and on paper(stats). He also had some sick runs to avoid sacks that wont show up as a good play made on paper...only an incompletion.

I have watched every Broncos game since Tebow was named the starter. His passing isnt great but honestly the coaching staff is hand cuffing the team by not letting him pass more in 3rd and longer than 5. Too often they have a running play go for 4 yards on a 3rd and 7 then just punt. That is why their drives tend to be short and sucky. I am not saying they would be doing any better if they let him throw - know one knows what would ahppen - but at the end of the half and the end of the games they open it up for him and he has produced. I'm just saying...

Edited by Thoner7

It may not be his passing that is helping his team win, but he IS helping his team win. Watch the highlights from the SD game, when Tebow does drop back to pass he has ALL DAY to throw, but it isnt that he has an all pro OL, the SD line isnt rushing - they are all spying Tebow waiting for him to run. This helps his [worst in the league] receiving corp [who is averaging 4-5 drops a game at a minimum] get open and his OL look like superstars. Denver's running game has peaked because guess what - the outside defenders have to worry about Tebow running it on the zone reads. In essence Tebow is blocking two defenders by just being on the field, which lets McGahee run up the middle with ease. Their D is also playing better but Denver is also owning in time of possesion, which helps the D both in real life and on paper(stats). He also had some sick runs to avoid sacks that wont show up as a good play made on paper...only an incompletion.

I have watched every Broncos game since Tebow was named the starter. His passing isnt great but honestly the coaching staff is hand cuffing the team by not letting him pass more in 3rd and longer than 5. Too often they have a running play go for 4 yards on a 3rd and 7 then just punt. That is why their drives tend to be short and sucky. I am not saying they would be doing any better if they let him throw - know one knows what would ahppen - but at the end of the half and the end of the games they open it up for him and he has produced. I'm just saying...

That's what I was talking about with being able to invest more resources in defense. With him at qb it's changing the dynamic where you don't need 2 top flight receivers, lineman that pass block as well, a RB that is top flight- those 1st round picks and big FA contracts can go to guys like miller. Dominate one side and get by on the other is normally an epic fail but with a qb like him you might be able to actually get by. It'll be interesting to follow. Problem is finding a viable backup. With a qb that runs you need that guy behind him. Tough to find.

Very Good read, this says it all:

"In other words, Tebow is no statistical circus freak winning in spite of himself. Tebow's Broncos are winning because he consistently outperforms the opposing quarterback when you take into account all aspects of production: passing, running, sacks, total touchdowns, interceptions and fumbles. In fact, he consistently outperforms them by a wide margin."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/kerry_byrne/11/29/tim.tebow/index.html#ixzz1fBTOxDGJ

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7296591/john-fox-asked-tim-tebow-talk-denver-broncos-saturday

On the night before he delivered the Denver Broncos to their fourth straight win, Tim Tebow was asked by coach John Fox to address his teammates...

"He said iron sharpens iron and men sharpen other men. And I think that's totally true," rookie linebacker Von Miller told The Post. "He gave us a great speech. We came out (for the game) fired up. And that was a wrap."

"I've never seen a human who can will himself to win like that," Miller told The Post.

Tebow just wins.

http://espn.go.com/n...roncos-saturday

"I've never seen a human who can will himself to win like that," Miller told The Post.

#1- Leadership

#2- his teamies believe

#3- for me, besides Aaron Rodgers and Green Bays chances to go undefeated....Tim Tebow and the Broncos are the best story of the season.

at least Tebow is a better runner.

He's four inches taller and about 40 lbs heavier than Spiller.

He's rushed for 682 yards, 9 TDs, Fumbled 6 times with one lost.

CJ's rushed for 254 yards, 1 TD (last year), 6 fumbles and 3 lost.

Hmmm.

One inspires his teammates to believe in what they can achieve, the other inspires thoughts of missed opportunity.

Show us the baby, CJ. It's show time.

Gotta chuckle at Bills fans dissing Tebow...in the last 6 games how have the Broncos done compared to the Bills? Fitzpatrick is accredited over and over with being a Harvard braniac but I'd take Tebow's INT stat over Ryan's anyday.

It's funny how when the Bills had a winning streak early in the season we heard "this is our year" with no solid talent to truly back up a playoff run. Now the Broncos are competitive and "in the hunt" but all we hear from the doubters and haters is that Tebow has "no talent". A clear double-standard from the "Bill-ievers".

I am no Broncos fan, but Bills fans best not throw stones given their already shattering glass house. Whether or not the guy is a long term QB in the NFL I do not know...but I DO KNOW that he is a winner, and the Bills need more guys with that mentality on their roster.