TEBOW!!! is a Jet! (finally)

and Yards do not equal Points. only stat that matters is the score at the end of the game.

They do correlate very closely. You don't move the ball, you don't score. Denver's defense has been winning them games, and Tebow has chipped in with timely plays. Good for him. Any young QB who shows that sort of poise can't be written off. I still need proof that he can move the ball consistently.

Edited by SageAgainstTheMachine

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They do correlate very closely. You don't move the ball, you don't score. Denver's defense has been winning them games, and Tebow has chipped in with timely plays.

I'm on record as a Tebow fan. I think he's a great guy. But you can't deny that the story SHOULD be Von Miller and the Broncos D. They've stepped up their game. I give credit to Tebow for not making mistakes and messing it all up, but the Denver offense has been stagnant with Tebow under center.

I can agree with that. Im not giving Tebow all (or even most) of the credit for the wins. But he does bring something to the field that gives them an extra spark that they just didnt have under Orton. Teams need that.

Similarly, I believe it's what Merriman brought to our team that we have been missing for the past few weeks. Even if he wasn't putting up numbers, he brought an intensity that caused our other players to step up. Since he's been out, we've been pretty flat.

I can agree with that. Im not giving Tebow all (or even most) of the credit for the wins. But he does bring something to the field that gives them an extra spark that they just didnt have under Orton. Teams need that.

Similarly, I believe it's what Merriman brought to our team that we have been missing for the past few weeks. Even if he wasn't putting up numbers, he brought an intensity that caused our other players to step up. Since he's been out, we've been pretty flat.

+1

I believe in intangibles. I don't weight them as heavily as some, but I think a winning attitude, the spark, plays a role. The only thing I've ever objected to is that the media tends to forget Tebow's teammates (and that includes all the other impressive young men at UF).

Edited by SageAgainstTheMachine

+1

I believe in intangibles. I don't weight them as heavily as some, but I think a winning attitude, the spark, plays a role. The only thing I've ever objected to is that the media tends to forget Tebow's teammates (and that includes all the other impressive young men at UF).

+2

Also motivation and a belief that you can win no matter what the odds or the score. Something the team had early in the season but has disappeared. Dropped passes, dropped interceptions, bone headed penalties, missed tackles and on and on and on.

They do correlate very closely. You don't move the ball, you don't score. Denver's defense has been winning them games, and Tebow has chipped in with timely plays. Good for him. Any young QB who shows that sort of poise can't be written off. I still need proof that he can move the ball consistently.

Hasn't he led them on game winning drives in several of these past 5 wins?