TEBOW!!! is a Jet! (finally)

Again, you started this thread. I don't start threads titled "NEWTON!!!!!!" after every amazing performance he puts in, even though i'm a huge fan of Cam's. Just doesn't seem right on a Buffalo Bills board. Not really relevant, ya know what i mean?

Either way, you clearly can dish it out after after a nail-biting tebow win over a winless Miami team, but can't really take it after an ass kicking to a team with an actual defense and something to play for.

YAWN.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The strip/sack/fumble return for TD is the perfect play to highlight why tebow won't make it as a QB. A real QB would have easily gotten that ball released. But tebow dropped the ball all the way to his hip during his Neftali Feliz-esque windup, and the extra second it took to get the ball out was what allowed Avril to strip the ball.

But hey, tebow DID contribute 2 TDs to the Lions, so shouldn't he credit for those as well? the timtebow giveth?

Props to stephen tulloch for mocking tebow after the sack.

Not excusing Tebow's performance at all, but I'd say the other 52 Broncos players played just as poorly. Pitiful QB rating for sure. But the kid is a project, not a guy who can carry a horrible team. Get him out of there. Get him out of Denver, and to a team that can develop him.

Not excusing Tebow's performance at all, but I'd say the other 52 Broncos players played just as poorly. Pitiful QB rating for sure. But the kid is a project, not a guy who can carry a horrible team. Get him out of there. Get him out of Denver, and to a team that can develop him.

I can't think of a good team that would want to carry such an albatross right now. The guy comes with a fan base that wants, nay demands him to play. The minute the starter falters these yahoos will be out in full force again.

Let him take his lumps and if he can't handle it, then he can't handle the NFL. Period.

Tebow must suffer for the sins of Bronco fans...so it is written.

Peter King MMQB:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/10/31/Week8/index.html?eref=sihp&sct=hp_wr_a2

PK Quote: "It doesn't look like Tim Tebow's good enough to prevent Denver from making Matt Barkley or Landry Jones its first pick next April. But he sure is a nice guy."

PK also suggests the Patriots and Eagles, both of whom Buffalo has beaten, for the mantle of "second-best team in the NFL."

PK also suggests the Patriots and Eagles, both of whom Buffalo has beaten, for the mantle of "second-best team in the NFL."

It's totally a "what have you done for me lately" league. As someone posted in another thread, beat the jets and cowboys and the bills will pretty much be toast of the media.

The cowboys are totally overrated as usual, and we'll see what jets team we get next week...

Benching him is the worst possible decision, because it will feed the "he needs a REAL chance!" calls.

Benched or not, it will not matter.

The "he needs a real chance" calls will persist, because you will never convince the "cult" he was given one.

The excuses for his poor play have already started, and that can be seen in this thread:

"...or an O-line to protect him, a system for him and a defense that is respectable. Trust me Chan would make Tim look like Rock Star, they need to quit pounding a square peg into a round hole."

Even if they let Tebow play, and continue to lose, it will just affirm to the "cult" that Tebow is not being used properly.

Benched or not, it will not matter.

The "he needs a real chance" calls will persist, because you will never convince the "cult" he was given one.

The excuses for his poor play have already started, and that can be seen in this thread:

"...or an O-line to protect him, a system for him and a defense that is respectable. Trust me Chan would make Tim look like Rock Star, they need to quit pounding a square peg into a round hole."

Even if they let Tebow play, and continue to lose, it will just affirm to the "cult" that Tebow is not being used properly.

You are probably right. For all those reasons, Fox is better off playing him and dealing with the result. That team isn't going anywhere this year anyway.

I have no problem with Tim Tebow as a person, but I never much liked his QB style, and have never believed such a style could succeed in the NFL. Mobility is good, and certainly can help, but a QB needs to be able to stand in the pocket and deliver the ball when it counts. NFL LBs will not be as easy to run around as college LBs.