Mario Williams: Officially a Buffalo Bill

Couldn't agree more. He knows Bills have to get this done now or it will be viewed as a huge failure. Guy will probably end up with an ownership interest.

There's no harm in giving him that. It's not like he can be worse than Ralph.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we don't get him we are gonna look like fools.....

Whether the Bills are getting 'played' or if Mario is really doing his due diligence on the team and the area only the people close to the situation know for sure. But this mornings got to be it.

Either he signs after the 10 AM meeting or he leaves and its over.

As always, take this with a grain of salt.

But I was just over on the Tennessee Titans message board to see if anyone has some insight on our situation.

The fans in Tennessee believe that Mario Williams is waiting to see if the Titans get Peyton Manning. He is the number one priority for Bud Adams.

If the Titans don't get Manning, they have apparently told Mario's agent that they will match Buffalo's offer. And with the money equal, Williams would rather play in Tennessee.

If true, that may be why he is stalling.

The good news for Buffalo is that Tennessee seems to be in the driver's seat for getting Manning.

This is like picking up your prom date and she makes you wait 3 days because she's trying to get a better date. It's pretty clear he doesn't want to play here if he hasn't signed by now. What makes it more depressing is that if it falls through it's won't be because of anything the Bills did, but because we just aren't attractive enough, even if we pony up top dollar. Makes you wonder if there's anything we can do to compete for top free agents - if it's not money there aren't a lot of other factors that can quickly change.

186 pages! Damn. It's nice to see this much excitement here. Just hope we get him. Will Bills go for a wide out in the draft if we do land Mario? Would make the draft very interesting.

Whether the Bills are getting 'played' or if Mario is really doing his due diligence on the team and the area only the people close to the situation know for sure. But this mornings got to be it.

Either he signs after the 10 AM meeting or he leaves and its over.

Schefty said that a couple teams swoopeed in late last night this morning on sportscenter idk if anyone posted it yet

If we don't get him we are gonna look like fools.....

I don't agree with this. We've done everything possible and a couple of things that aren't possible. In fact, getting him here in the first place was thought to be impossible. If we don't get him, it's because he wants something we can't provide. That doesn't make us look foolish - it would have to do with his personal priorities.

5,268 pages! give or take.

jw

can report the FedEx truck just arrived at 1BillsDrive, though, i'm sure that happens every morning around this time. and it looks like rain with ominous storm clouds looming over Lake Erie. so there ya go.

JW,

Break into One Bills Drive and get us an answer.

I promise to pay for your bail.

Mostly promise.

Maybe.

No.

jw

can report the FedEx truck just arrived at 1BillsDrive, though, i'm sure that happens every morning around this time. and it looks like rain with ominous storm clouds looming over Lake Erie. so there ya go.

jw can you see in? is it full of cash?

I work at the Lagerhaus downtown. Russ Brandon and Jim Kelly came in post game. They where standing with the owners of the place so I didn't get a chance to ask. Russ looked worn but they all seemed quite happy.

I guess things can't be going badly.

I work at the Lagerhaus downtown. Russ Brandon and Jim Kelly came in post game. They where standing with the owners of the place so I didn't get a chance to ask. Russ looked worn but they all seemed quite happy.

Little hungry, little hungry..

jw

I hear some loud noise outside my house. Are they dropping GOLD bars out of that Fed Ex Van?

I hear some loud noise outside my house. Are they dropping GOLD bars out of that Fed Ex Van?

nah, that's the latest coffee run for us late-to-bed-early-risers. they're bringing the beans in crates, i'm told by "sources," though it appears i'll have to have to intake mine intravenously.

jw

jw

I have this image of Ralph busting out of a box as it comes off the truck.

nah, that's the latest coffee run for us late-to-bed-early-risers. they're bringing the beans in crates, i'm told by "sources," though it appears i'll have to have to intake mine intravenously.

jw

sources smources, give us names man!

BTW, how do you like your coffee?

jw

Yah but be honest, the sources are just your "other writer buddies"

jw

Better get those beans ground up and into the freezer!

Are you counting the 5000 posts with the word "YES!" in them, that will come right after he is signed? :rolleyes:

Good point, or the 5000 posts saying how he is overrated and a chump and how his Fiance has a dog face if he doesn't sign

This is like picking up your prom date and she makes you wait 3 days because she's trying to get a better date. It's pretty clear he doesn't want to play here if he hasn't signed by now. What makes it more depressing is that if it falls through it's won't be because of anything the Bills did, but because we just aren't attractive enough, even if we pony up top dollar. Makes you wonder if there's anything we can do to compete for top free agents - if it's not money there aren't a lot of other factors that can quickly change.

Where is the Players' Union in all of this? Is there no pressure on him to take the the highest dollar amount, even if it's from the Bills? The MLB Players' Union would never allow one of the top FA players to 'leave money on the table'. The player (and agent) would be crucified.

Schefty said that a couple teams swoopeed in late last night this morning on sportscenter idk if anyone posted it yet

This is the scariest part of the whole process - esp. when there is a whole evening/night for someone else to swoop in. Chad/Jill Kelly and anyone else could have heard it straight from Mario's mouth last night that he was going to sign, and their implied 'reports' could be perfectly true at that time - but things can change as long as there is not a signature on a contract.