Bills unis leaked in Madden promo video?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wikipedia has a better look at the uniform template. There is the "Bills" wordmark under the NFL shield, and the facemasks are gray. Click on the image at the link and the facemasks become gray. I would have preferred blue facemasks, but overall this is a return to uniform greatness.

wikipedia uniform page

I can't stop looking at those unis; they are great-looking! I posed this link in a question to Steve Johnson on Facebook, asking him to comment on these being the new unis or not.

Those are awesome uniforms, if they are the real ones. With our luck it would be something hideous and these leaks are all a ruse. Hopefully they reveal them on Thursday night.

DO i actually see a word underneath the NFL shield logo on the jersey collar? Could that say BILLS? That's what i've been asking for. Our jersey needs something identifying it as a Bills jersey for us out of town fans.

That will make me so happy! I'm here in Australia and wear my Poz Bills jersey all the time and get asked all the time which teams jersey it is. I can't wait to get a new one!!

I can't stop looking at those unis; they are great-looking! I posed this link in a question to Steve Johnson on Facebook, asking him to comment on these being the new unis or not.

Those are awesome uniforms, if they are the real ones. With our luck it would be something hideous and these leaks are all a ruse. Hopefully they reveal them on Thursday night.

These appear to be the real deal. The creator of the wikipedia uniform page got an advance copy of the new design months ago and put it on his page. When someone on another message board discovered them, he said these were not necessarily the new unis. Now that Madden has let the cat out of the bag, he has admitted that these are indeed the new unis.

wikipedia uniform page

FAIL.

The red helmets - a vain hope that Fergie would stop throwing picks if he could tell which guys were on our team.

While I'm thrilled about our new uniforms, I don't think that the red helmets were "FAIL"

For most of my life we have had red helmets, and I had no problem with them - only our horrible '02-'10 uniforms. That being said, when I see the new jerseys, they just feel like the Bills, if that makes sense. That classic style that our 'new' jerseys/helmets have just looks like what the Bills were meant to wear. The blue/white (and vice versa) jersey and pants look great.

EDIT: I would have also been thrilled with a switch back to our 90s uniform.

Edited by NickelCity

Tim says only blue or white shoes. I definitely like the look with the black shoes, too bad. But still, this is definitely a change for the better.

A+ :thumbsup:

I love them.

These changes will hopefully close a horrible chapter in the history of the Bills.

I personally thought the Bills current uni's were far worse than the hideous "slug" mistake, by the Sabres. Oh yea... Go Sabres!

Those probably are the jerseys. They look great. Please, no whining about blue pants.

PTR

I'm kind of fine with everything but the helmets !! Those are the same as the ones back when Fergy was QB (aren't they) then they changed them .

I wish they would have stayed with the same helmet as they've had when Kelly & company were winning , that my only gripe , but i guess they'll grow on us <_< !!

I'm kind of fine with everything but the helmets !! Those are the same as the ones back when Fergy was QB (aren't they) then they changed them .

I wish they would have stayed with the same helmet as they've had when Kelly & company were winning , that my only gripe , but i guess they'll grow on us <_< !!

The white helmets were the original ones and what I grew up with. I never liked the red ones.

He did not, and for that I am bidding his blog adieu, FOREVER.

OK maybe I'll lurk around once in a while but no one has to know that.

Did you find this yourself or did you see this elsewhere?

maybe this closes a chapter in bad uniforms for buffalo sports.

I have a good feeling that the Sluggalo will go after next year as well and be replaced just like the goathead was.

:huh:

The slug is gone. They don't wear it at all. This summer the last traces of it (scoreboard, merchandise stands, etc.) will be erased from the rink.

I've even heard talk that people that show up to the rink wearing one will be charged an extra 2 bucks / beer. ;)

Count me in as one of the many who's psyched about this. These are basically the exact unis I was hoping for the last time we had a change (and I've been pining for them ever since). Now the question becomes, whose jersey do I buy?

I really like them, especially when compared to the joke of a uniform that they are replacing. It brings up a couple questions though:

1. Does that mean they still have the same "Throwback" unis? My guess is yes, they are just as awesome if not more than the new ones.

2. Now that it is leaked, do you think the Bills will expedite the "unveiling" of the new ones before Western New York is full of people wearing bootleg jerseys? Or will they still wait for a new CBA so players can be at the unveiling?

3. Was there some sort of agreement between the Bills and the makers of the game? The video has been yanked from You Tube. Lawsuit?

4. Besides a few tweeks, these are essentially throwback uniforms themselves, from the late 70's-early 80's. Will they bring back "We're Talking Proud" with them? A little bad humor.

5. Does anything go right for this organization? You know they didn't want this leaked, they wanted to make a big deal about it and turn it into some sort of money making event.

Edited by billsfreak

But you have to admit it is annoying when you're wearing a Bills throwback an someone says "Oh, hey! Go Giants!" And the you have to explain to them actually this is a Bills jersey...

Totally agree. I remember wearing my dark Lee Evans jersey a few years back to a high school football game in Maryland. People came by and said, "cool Patriots jersey"..or "nice Broncos"..Titans or whatever. If you live in WNY, then obviously everyone knows the Bills. When you live outside of WNY, it's a pretty anonymous jersey because their are no markings on it. It's my opinion, that the only teams that don't need any logo or words on their jersey are teams that never ever changed (i.e. Packers, Colts, Steelers, Raiders, Cowboys). A team like BUffalo that has changed dramatically needs something. I'm hoping that BILLS is under the shirt collar in our standard font. I'd be happy with that.