Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Rounds 4-7 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

SDS

Just now, sleeby said:

Nope.  Just rewound and watched a third time.  Spectrum espn channel 26.  They were talking lions pick, showed eagles pick is in.  Never went to podium or vocally mentioned that pick but did show it at bottom of screen.  Adverts.  Returns to 49s 129 pick is in.  Talked head coach of viking for 10 mins.  

Found it - about 15 minutes after pick 128 espn first mentions what the pick was and shows some davis love.  But I only knew of the pick from here.  Switched to nfl network.

Yeah, NFL Network covered it well. ESPN is fine for Day 1 and Day 2, but they're awful on Day 3.

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Hmmm. That says to me Beane doesn't like what is left on the board. Which begs the question why did he not get more aggressive to move up earlier?

Maybe Beane wanted the center but getting up a round higher next year was worth it after that.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

I truly don't feel like he values WRs. I kno I know we got Coleman, but we aren't any better than we were before the pick and in all honesty we won't be better if he gets another one in this draft. Throw a dart basically. Everyone who pays any attention to this team knows that the game plan is basically "Josh, make something happen". It freekin blows my mind that Josh never gets MVP when I truly don't believe there is another team out there that places so much on one guy. Ok rant over. 

Idk much about cap wizardry but he could be loading up a compensation package to trade for a veteran 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

And keeping with the theme of people trading into our picks for guys I like - Chicago takes the highest rated player left on my board 😂

It's extra nauseating when the guy you've been jocking for the last 2 picks is actually finally selected at the Bills pick - right after they trade out.

4 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Biggest complaint. Best wr draft in years and we walk away with Coleman. This was the year to double dip. 

Yes it was. Pure stupidity or they're going after Aiyuk?  Nothing else makes sense?  Rice still available but the wise pick will probably be Kamara.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

1st Round

2nd Rounder(Vikes)

2nd Rounder

3rd Rounder

4th Rounder(Bears)

4th Rounder

4th Rounder (Comp pick Davis)

5th Rounder(Comp pick Floyd)

6th Rounder(Giants)

6th Rounder

Gonna be a fun draft next year or they are moving some of this for a veteran WR probably after June 1st.

We're definitely not getting a 4th for Davis. We saw what happened with our ABSOLUTELY should have been 3rd. We'll be fortunate to get a 5th. 

Edited by H2o

1 minute ago, ngbills said:

Chi is gonna be good next year. It’s not gonna be top 10. 

Completely dependant on Caleb Williams. If he's halfway decent or better, you're right. If he's a bust, it could be top 5.

1 minute ago, sleeby said:

Nope.  Just rewound and watched a third time.  Spectrum espn channel 26.  They were talking lions pick, showed eagles pick is in.  Never went to podium or vocally mentioned that pick but did show it at bottom of screen.  Adverts.  Returns to 49s 129 pick is in.  Talked head coach of viking for 10 mins.  

Found it - about 15 minutes after pick 128 espn first mentions what the pick was and shows some davis love.  But I only knew of the pick from here.  Switched to nfl network.

I've been following the picks online and then watching NFL Network on my TV and ESPN on my laptop.  It was a nice piece that ESPN did.

3 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

1st Round

2nd Rounder(Vikes)

2nd Rounder

3rd Rounder

4th Rounder(Bears)

4th Rounder

4th Rounder (Comp pick Davis)

5th Rounder(Comp pick Floyd)

6th Rounder(Giants)

6th Rounder

Gonna be a fun draft next year or they are moving some of this for a veteran WR probably after June 1st.

Yea. It does feel like they are seeing the re-load of this roster as very much a two year job. I'm not saying they are giving up on this season, but I think the lack of urgency is because they think realistically they can't do much more to make 2024 better. 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Chicago have just got their pick back from the Bills.

Will Rice last to 160? Doubt it.

What does Rice solve on this roster?  He isn’t a fast deep threat and would mainly compete with Shorter for 1 spot - best ST wins that duel.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Cash said:

We’ve got at least 5 on the roster currently. We usually carry 5 actual LBs and a LBINO who’s there for special teams. 

Right. Not nearly enough for camp. Not all of them will make the roster. How many did we go into camp with last year?