Rd 2, Pick 60: DB Cole Bishop, Utah

SDS

I like the pick, though I only read up on him & never saw him in college.

There's not going to be any Elam-like excuses that he played the wrong scheme in college or can't figure out 2 high safety looks right? 😅

1 minute ago, Process said:

Does he replace Rapp or Edwards?

I presume more Rapp. He is more a box and matchup guy. I think he will do what Poyer did last year. Be the starting box safety and then play the dime when they go to the 6 DB look and let Rapp come in and play the box. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Beane not taking offense seriously enough

They signed Two Offensive Lineman, Samuels, hollins and Ty Johnson in free agency.  They just drafted keon coleman and have 9 picks left.

how are they not addressing the offense?

Edited by MikePJ76
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Watched every Ute game this year.  He’s a beast.  Definite McD type.  Insane tackler with great pop.  Solid in man coverage. I’ll love watching him smack and make plays in the backfield.

I just don’t think hes a good fit playing opposite Rapp.  

growling t rex GIF
short arms too

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1

Does Rapp go back to the 3rd Safety spot now or Edwards?

Dont know much about Cole Bishop, but looks like a guy who can be a pillar of our defense based on what I’m reading/seeing about him in our system. 

3 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Nice pick solidifies a need moves Rapp to the primary backup and role player spot. Would have preferred IOL or WR but not at all dissatisfied with grabbing a safety and solidifying the defense 

Who is the other Safety?

Nevermind forgot about Edwards

Edited by Billzgobowlin

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Meh. He might be a good player and he'll probably start from day one, and that's fine, but it's just a safety. Feels much more like a need pick than a value pick. Troy Franklin and a bunch of 2nd round caliber OL were still on the board. I don't hate the pick I'm just underwhelmed.

I hope we trade up in the 3rd round. Too many day three picks. Get a legit offensive player in the top 80.

Someone needs to lace Beanes coffee with cocaine next year.  This has been the most melancholy draft I can remember.  Accumulating day 3 picks to fill out the roster with special teamers.  He had plenty of ammo to move around in round 2 but hasn't.