AFC Contender TE/WR Core

ngbills

Hard to argue the Bills are not well behind all the teams below in TE/WR core. 

Bills: Kincaid, Samuel, Shakir

BAL: Andrews, Flowers, Bateman

CIN: Gesicki, Chase, Higgins

CLE: Njoku, Cooper, Moore, Jeudy

HOU: Schultz, Diggs, Dell, Collins/Brown/Woods

JAC: Engram, Kirk, Davis, Thomas Jr.

KC: Kelce, Rice, Brown, Worthy

MIA: Smith, Hill, Waddle

NYJ: Conklin, Wilson, Williams

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, ngbills said:

This is what people need to look at. Adding a 2nd round WR to this still puts us well behind other good teams. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ngbills said:

We literally have the best TE room in the NFL with Kincaid and Knox.  And sorry, there is no way Balt has a better group than us.  And you are posting this BEFORE the Bills address the WR position too.  

• Like (+1) 2

Man when did the Bengals get Gesicki. That's going to be a sleeper in fantasy for me.

Once the Bills draft a WR and Shakir is the #2 it will look much better. Especially if it's via trade for Higgins/Deebo/Aiyuk

11 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

Man when did the Bengals get Gesicki. That's going to be a sleeper in fantasy for me.

I've heard this about Gesicki for years and it never pans out. 

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

We literally have the best TE room in the NFL with Kincaid and Knox.  And sorry, there is no way Balt has a better group than us.  And you are posting this BEFORE the Bills address the WR position too.  

I think the Raiders have the best TE room and they are terrible at team building lol

• Disagree 1

2 hours ago, ngbills said:

KC: Kelce, Rice, Brown, Worthy, Moore

Fixed

What will the experts say when Kincaid goes for 1000 yards, Shakir and Samuel add 700-800 yards each and Mitchell/McConkey add 600+ with a bunch of TDs?  They says the Bills have one of the best young groups in the NFL. 

Beane's goal is to make us younger, faster, cheaper and more talented at the skill positions.  Out with Diggs, Davis, Moss, Singletary and eventually Knox and in with Cook, Shakir, Kincaid, and later today a highly skilled boundary WR.  My money is still on Mitchell, but I'm ok with Franklin or McConkey.  

Edited by GASabresIUFan
  • Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, GASabresIUFan said:

Fixed

What will the experts say when Kincaid goes for 1000 yards, Shakir and Samuel add 700-800 yards each and Mitchell/McConkey add 600+ with a bunch of TDs?  They says the Bills have one of the best young groups in the NFL. 

Beane's goal is to make us younger, faster, cheaper and more talented at the skill positions.  Out with Diggs, Davis, Moss, Singletary and eventually Knox and in with Cook, Shakir, Kincaid, and later today a highly skilled boundary WR.  My money is still on Mitchell, but I'm ok with Franklin or McConkey.  

I'm sorry, but no. Just no. I refuse to have a guy with the last name of McConkey on the team. There's too great a chance he's related to Chief Terry McConky

MV5BNzBkMDI5ODgtZGEzMC00NDJiLWJmZDUtZDA3

3 hours ago, ngbills said:

I feel like Baltimore might straight up be worse, but if they're better, it's not by much. Don't think Jacksonville is anything to write home about either. We'll see how things look by the time the dust settles.

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

6 NFL tight ends outproduced Dawson and Dalton Combined last year. Sure, Kincaid could take another step next year and this could become true, but right now, it is definitely not the case. Baltimore also has Flowers and Likely, which defeats the argument for Dawson Knox being the best #2 in the league. 

3 minutes ago, Watkins101 said:

6 NFL tight ends outproduced Dawson and Dalton Combined last year. Sure, Kincaid could take another step next year and this could become true, but right now, it is definitely not the case. Baltimore also has Flowers and Likely, which defeats the argument for Dawson Knox being the best #2 in the league. 

Mark Andrews is not the player he once was and I would take our guys, especially Kincaid, over theirs.  Flowers is not that impressive and more of a complimentary WR than a lead WR.

3 hours ago, ngbills said:

Gesicki plays as a big WR then a true TE 

2 hours ago, DCOrange said:

I feel like Baltimore might straight up be worse, but if they're better, it's not by much. Don't think Jacksonville is anything to write home about either. We'll see how things look by the time the dust settles.

This ... Jacksonville's room is hilarious. We at least have upside even without our pick thats about to come in. Baltimore's isn't good. The Jets have Conklin and a dude that is more injured than anyone in the league. 

The problem with Buffalo sports fans is ... if it's not a big name, they're not good(to most people). People want Higgins and he has been SOOO average. It's weird. We have Josh Allen. The Chiefs won a SB with MVS and Rashee Rice who wasn't anything special. Samuel is an exceptional football player that has never had a QB and has injury history. Shakir is literally the same size as Diggs and runs faster (just has shorter arms and he was a 5th round pick in his second year of development).... we'll be fine. 

Edited by warrior9