Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Round 1 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

Simon

Just now, MikePJ76 said:

I am fairly certain the league makes these teams at the top take all the time.  

Remember the draft is on a thursday night in primetime...this is a show the nfl is producing.  

the days of the draft just being a league event are long gone...The league is showcasing these young players tonight to generate interest and sell merchandise.

Exactly.  Everything is canned and packaged to take our money and give it to someone else.  

It’s all so obvious 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Zero chance Pats trade out right? There was chatter about it but they need a QB just as badly as these other teams that would be looking to trade up. 

Draft really starts at pick 4. 

• Agree 2

Just now, Buddy Hix said:

I know I’m old, but I wouldn’t want my QB hopping into the stands to cry in his mommy’s arms.

Better than trying to snog someone else's.

(Hi, Zach)

• Haha (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

He is really, really good. I expect him to succeed.

I've only ever watched him play part of one game and he was so awful, I literally would have just taken him off my draft board rather than spend a Day 1 pick on him.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Right now it gets interesting - do the Pats trade back or take Maye?

It depends what they getting back, if it moving down to 6 and getting a 2nd this year and 1st next year I'd take it. Yet think a trade with Vikings for their two 1sts be a mistake.

1 minute ago, Buddy Hix said:

I know I’m old, but I wouldn’t want my QB hopping into the stands to cry in his mommy’s arms.

I mean...let people celebrate the biggest moment of their lives...the one they doggedly work for..... celebrate how they want?

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Hasn't even got in the building yet. Stopped at Tim Horton's for coffee and still in the freaking queue. 

Wait a minute 

Have you ever been to a time Hortons?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Process said:

Zero chance Pats trade out right? There was chatter about it but they need a QB just as badly as these other teams that would be looking to trade up. 

Draft really starts at pick 4. 

Drake maye has to be their pick

• Agree 1