Who Is Your First Round Shock Pick?

Like most of us, I both want and expect the Bills to go WR in round one, especially if they can get one of the top guys.

What if they don’t? What if they go defense? 

I would expect D-line or Corner in that scenario. 

However there is my total dark horse pick:

Peyton Wilson LB of South Carolina

His measurables are insane and it shows up on his tape. Plus if you watch his interviews he seems like a total McDermott kind of guy. Some speculate that he may even be able to play some safety due to his extreme athleticism. 

I’m not advocating, but if there were a total shocker pick I could see him in a Bills uni. 

Who do you have? This is your chance to look like a genius! 😅

A center could make sense and shock the world. 

If the Bills wanted Defensive flexibility and disguisabilty, a LB with 4.44 speed and coverage ability wouldn’t be a terrible way to go.

Milano is on the wrong side of 30, wrong side of the dead cap scale, and often on the wrong side of the injury report.

Edited by TheyCallMeAndy
  • Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

A center could make sense and shock the world. 

If the Bills wanted Defensive flexibility and disguisabilty, a LB with 4.44 speed and coverage ability wouldn’t be a terrible way to go.

Milano is on the wrong side of 30, wrong side of the dead cap scale, and often on the wrong side of the injury report.

I think that a Center is actually very realistic - thinking that they're going into the season with McGovern at Center and sliding Edwards in as a starter at guard isn't something that Beane would just be OK with - meaning that they're targeting a high draft pick to either come in and start right away, or at least by mid-season

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, mushypeaches said:

I think that a Center is actually very realistic - thinking that they're going into the season with McGovern at Center and sliding Edwards in as a starter at guard isn't something that Beane would just be OK with - meaning that they're targeting a high draft pick to either come in and start right away, or at least by mid-season

I'm not TOTALLY opposed, but that would be prime trade back for more assets and get one top/mid 2nd round if so

50 minutes ago, NORWOODS FOOT said:

Like most of us, I both want and expect the Bills to go WR in round one, especially if they can get one of the top guys.

His measurables are insane and it shows up on his tape. Plus if you watch his interviews he seems like a total McDermott kind of guy. Some speculate that he may even be able to play some safety due to his extreme athleticism. 

I’m not advocating, but if there were a total shocker pick I could see him in a Bills uni. 

Maybe with one of our fourth rounders…

16 minutes ago, mushypeaches said:

That would be a disaster…there is no position that is more de-valued than center.  It’s a day-three priority at best.

45 minutes ago, Prospector said:

JC Latham

He’s going top 10, maybe even top 5

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Slippery Rubber Mats said:

Nathan Peterman

Shocking because we already drafted him in the 5th round 7 years ago, we know he's terrible, and he's currently on another roster. It would blow minds though.

That would blow! 😄

Edited by NORWOODS FOOT
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Slippery Rubber Mats said:

Nathan Peterman

Shocking because we already drafted him in the 5th round 7 years ago, we know he's terrible, and he's currently on another roster. It would blow minds though.

If we are going that route, we need a strong arm for the late season weather... someone like Cardale Jones

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, mannc said:

That would be a disaster…there is no position that is more de-valued than center.  It’s a day-three priority at best.

Ah see that's what makes it so deviously clever!  Nobody will expect it!

19 minutes ago, mushypeaches said:

That was going to be my pick Jackson Powers Johnson that would give Josh his Kent Hull for years to come . Not sexy at all but talk about a shocker !!

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Prospector said:

I am hoping for Nabers over Odunze

I'll be excited but nervous about him.  He excites me as a player.  He doesn't sound like the same type of "process" Buffalo Bills guy the other 2 guys are.  With Diggs gone, I want the most team first Elite WR we can get.

19 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I'll be excited but nervous about him.  He excites me as a player.  He doesn't sound like the same type of "process" Buffalo Bills guy the other 2 guys are.  With Diggs gone, I want the most team first Elite WR we can get.

It's so funny the levels of disappointment you guys are going to set yourselves up for.

There is a ZERO chance of the Bills landing Odunze, Nabers or Harrison. ZERO.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Not necessarily to Buffalo....

Keon Coleman.  He was ranked right on the cusp, as a top 5 WR during/after this college season.   Then he runs a slow forty at the Combine, and others jumped ahead.

I think there's a chance he will go toward the end of Rd1

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

It's so funny the levels of disappointment you guys are going to set yourselves up for.

There is a ZERO chance of the Bills landing Odunze, Nabers or Harrison. ZERO.

Maybe not zero, but extremely low…

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Wouldn't be surprised at all if we pick Center/Guard, Linebacker, Safety, Defensive End, Defensive Tackle, or even one of those big defensive backs that are sort of a Safety/CB/LB all in one (Rapp played this position last year).

We actually have a lot of holes on the roster. I would be actually astonished if we took QB, OT, boundary CB, TE, RB, P or K.

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Larry Fitzgerald is busy. Outside of him, that player doesn't exist.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

How about:  Insane 3 way trade

Pats trade down from 2 with Vikings for 11, 23,  2025 1st

Bills send 28, 2025 1st to get Justin Jefferson

Vikings get # 2, 28 & 2025 2nd 

Let's play this out....

how do we afford JJ ATM?  We don't have the cap space.

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Let's play this out....

how do we afford JJ ATM?  We don't have the cap space.

What would be really shocking is if they traded for him and then went “oh siht, we did the math wrong” and had to cut him. 

Or how about this one? Beane picks his own nose in the first round on national television, and pulls out Booger McFarland!

OK, I’ll show myself out now!

Is it 8PM yet?!

Edited by NORWOODS FOOT

3 hours ago, NORWOODS FOOT said:

Shock pick?

Chop Robinson