NFL draft rumors 2024

1 minute ago, MikePJ76 said:

Yes I understand it was under a paywall.

some people here I am sure subscribe to the athletic as i do

i was posting the link to make sure the journalists learn2code.

i don't believe in paying for such things.

Edited by boyst
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2

1 minute ago, boyst said:

i was posting the link to make sure the journalists learn2code.

i don't believe in paying for such things.

Oh.  

I believe in paying people for their work and their effort. 

26 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

What's the downside to Legette saying the Panthers said they'll take him at 33 if he's there? He's drumming up interest in the market and trying to dispel rumors he will slide in the second. And as people have said, he wants another team to take him. I don't understand why that's dumb, unless it's going against the code of "you don't share what teams tell you to the media," if that's a thing.

But if my career and life were on the line, I'd be looking out for my best interests, not some random bad team's best interests.

The downside- other teams thinking Legette leaking something that was said in private.  Two, all teams feeling that Legette misinterpreted what was told to him.

Three, if any team felt Legette was doing this out of a selfish me-first interest with no regard for the bad team's interest it would certainly not be looked upon in a  good light.

It just seems like a stupid thing he did, I don't think he did it in any malicious me-first way though.  But he is a one year wonder who is thought to be somewhat developmental.  Not worth a first round pick IMO, let's see if Carolina takes him at 33.

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Let's go Bananas....

AZ Acquires

2025 1st

2025 2nd 

2026 1st

BUF Acquires

You won't have to give up a 2026 1st time make that happen. A 2025 first, 2nd and a middle round pick along with a 1st and one of our mid round picks this year should get it done

3 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

You won't have to give up a 2026 1st time make that happen. A 2025 first, 2nd and a middle round pick along with a 1st and one of our mid round picks this year should get it done

For #4 it would.  Which, would be perfectly fine with me.  Just take out the 2026 1st, and their #27 and it's a deal

Although, I'll guess they counter with 28, 128, 2025 1st, 2nd, 2nd. 

In which case, I'd ask them for #66 

***Side Note:  AZ has  THREE  3rd Round picks....so if the Bills are looking to jump into the 3rd, I'd look to them 

Edited by Warriorspikes51

2 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

For #4 it would.  Which, would be perfectly fine with me.  Just take out the 2026 1st, and their #27 and it's a deal

***Side Note:  AZ has  THREE  3rd Round picks....so if the Bills are looking to jump into the 3rd, I'd look to them 

No, I don't think it would. The Julio Jones trade didn't give up a first round pick 2 years later to move from 27 to 6. We shouldn't have to either. If we gave up 28, 128, 144 or 160 this year or both and put 1st, 2nd and 4th or 5th next year, it should get it done. It's 6 picks between this year and next years draft. You don't need to dig into 2026 to do it

1 minute ago, Buffalo03 said:

No, I don't think it would. The Julio Jones trade didn't give up a first round pick 2 years later to move from 27 to 6. We shouldn't have to either. If we gave up 28, 128, 144 or 160 this year or both and put 1st, 2nd and 4th or 5th next year, it should get it done. It's 6 picks between this year and next years draft. You don't need to dig into 2026 to do it

Final Offer:

28, 128, 160, 2025 1st, 2nd, 2nd

For 4 & 66 

Final Offer:

For 4 & 66 

I don't know if I would give up both 2nds next year but I would gladly give up one. We have 3 fifth round picks this year, I'd be fine giving up 2 along with a 4th this year since we have 2 of those and see if we can get a 3rd back this year. Use a 1st, one of our 2's and a 4th or 5th next year. I'd do it

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo03 said:

I don't know if I would give up both 2nds next year but I would gladly give up one. We have 3 fifth round picks this year, I'd be fine giving up 2 along with a 4th this year since we have 2 of those and see if we can get a 3rd back this year. Use a 1st, one of our 2's and a 4th or 5th next year. I'd do it

That could be a possibility as well.

If we manage to keep pick 60 after taking MHJ.....if Keon Coleman makes it to pick 60

That could be super intriguing.  I think there's a good chance he's a bust....but if he hits

MHJ and Keon  for years  is DOMINANT on the outside.  

5 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Final Offer:

For 4 & 66 

I do like the idea of getting number 66 back from them, though. Like you said, they have 3 3rd rounders. Getting anyone of them back would work

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, KingBoots8 said:

Pearsall is shooting much higher on a lot of lists this week it seems.

He was really good in the senior bowl practices and tested very well at the combine, his highlights and yes they're highlights but he just really does come off as having something. 🤷‍♂️

The whole he's only a slot WR thing bugs me, but he's someone that'd be awesome if he ended up here.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo03 said:

I do like the idea of getting number 66 back from them, though. Like you said, they have 3 3rd rounders. Getting anyone of them back would work

Positives:  We get MHJ.  We keep our 2nd and gain a 3rd
Negatives:  our 2025 Draft Class will be weak  (but we can make up for it with cap space and UFA signings) 

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

He was really good in the senior bowl practices and tested very well at the combine, his highlights and yes they're highlights but he just really does come off as having something. 🤷‍♂️

The whole he's only a slot WR thing bugs me, but he's someone that'd be awesome if he ended up here.

I'd absolutely be good with him in Round 2.  He strikes me as having an "IT" factor.  

Positives:  We get MHJ.  We keep our 2nd and gain a 3rd
Negatives:  our 2025 Draft Class will be weak  (but we can make up for it with cap space and UFA signings) 

If we manage to do that, and get a 3rd back this year. Depending on what picks we have next year, we may only lose a 1st round pick and a 4th next year in all of this. Because next year losing one 2nd a first and a 4th would still give us another 2nd and 3rd at the very least to play around with next year. We could even get the 4th back from a trade or a compensatory pick

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

If we manage to do that, and get a 3rd back this year. Depending on what picks we have next year, we may only lose a 1st round pick and a 4th next year in all of this. Because next year losing one 2nd a first and a 4th would still give us another 2nd and 3rd at the very least to play around with next year. We could even get the 4th back from a trade or a compensatory pick

It sounds great.... I doubt AZ moves the pick for anything less than overpayment though 

On the upper end of possible outcomes in Round 1 & 2....

BTJ & Legette

X.Worthy & X.Legette      

BTJ & Franklin

are my favorite combos

Edited by Warriorspikes51

2 hours ago, DJB said:

That early part of round 2 is going to see a huge run of WR’s

Thats why passing on WR at 28 or moving back to 40 is a bad idea 

I agree there will be a big run. I think the pickings after a trade down will still be very good though and my guess is the guys I prefer will still be there. 

Give up 28, 128, 160 and 163 this year. Along with next year's 1st, one of our 2nds and a 4th next year. The Cardinals have 3 3rd round picks this year so we get any one of those back this year and we would still have our 

1st (4th overall)

2nd (60th overall)

3rd (71st or 90th overall) from Cardinals

4th (133 overall)

5th (144th overall)

6th (200 overall)

6th (204 overall)

7th (248 overall)

8 picks

(2nd rounder)

(3rd rounder)

(5th rounder)

(6th rounder)

(6th rounder)

(7th rounder)

And possibly even get our 2025 4th back via trade or compensatory. We could essentially only lose a 1st round pick next year when all is said and done. I'd do this in a heartbeat

1 hour ago, boyst said:

Re: the Leggette situation where he said he was going to be drafted by the Panthers. Teams tell TONS of players they're getting him. Gronk said a bunch of teams said they were going to get him and passed, for example.

Yeah teams say that to players just to gauge their reactions, it doesn't really mean anything.

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I would hate this trade.  2 1sts and 2 2nds for one non-QB?  No thank you.

Not only that, but the Vikings can offer two first THIS YEAR to go up and get a QB so our offer wouldn't be enough. This is a no on both sides.

2 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

In Round 2 I hope otherwise Jerrah and company going to be over drafting by a long shot. 

Yes I misread the rumor I was reading!  That is why I deleted it.

My understanding is they are after a tackle in the first round

8 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

In Round 2 I hope otherwise Jerrah and company going to be over drafting by a long shot. 

I’ll be honest, outside of last year with Mazi Smith(jury still out) Jerry and his scouting staff has done a pretty solid job at drafting 

Edited by gonzo1105
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

I’ll be honest, outside of last year with Mazi Smith(jury still out) Jerry and his scouting staff has done a pretty damn good job at drafting 

they have been good with 1st round picks since Garrett was hired. They struggle with the rest of their drafts really, especially the second round.

Ian Rapoport on X: "🚨 🚨 🚨 Former #Jets starting QB and No. 2 pick Zach Wilson is on the move. Sources say he’s being traded to the #Broncos, hoping for a fresh start. The deal includes a late-round pick swap (6th for a 7th) and NYJ will pay some of Wilson’s roughly $5.5M salary. https://t.co/7Y1KShZ3sg" / X (twitter.com)

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Ian Rapoport on X: "🚨 🚨 🚨 Former #Jets starting QB and No. 2 pick Zach Wilson is on the move. Sources say he’s being traded to the #Broncos, hoping for a fresh start. The deal includes a late-round pick swap (6th for a 7th) and NYJ will pay some of Wilson’s roughly $5.5M salary. https://t.co/7Y1KShZ3sg" / X (twitter.com)

They were talking about this on OBL.  Brownie and Tasker both said the Jets would be lucky to get anything for him and then floated Denver as the likely taker since all they have is Stidham and Ben Dinucci.  So...they called it.

2 hours ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I would hate this trade.  2 1sts and 2 2nds for one non-QB?  No thank you.

Shiny object though.

59 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

What do you suppose are the chances we are one of the teams interested in #4 

image.gif.ede80ac2972e22c0be114a0ee44879b1.gif

4 minutes ago, LEBills said:

off the field injury concern?

that is a really weird way of stating whatever he is hearing....is there an injury concern or is there an off the field concern?

Is he like a guy that climbs mountains with no safety?

One Bills live said today that BTJ has a torn labrum.  Is this what they are talking about?

• Like (+1) 1

Lots of good stuff from Albert Breer of SI: https://www.si.com/nfl/2024/04/022/takeaways-nfl-draft-latest-buzz-rumors-medicals

"• Both of LSU’s star receivers, Brian Thomas Jr. and Malik Nabers, have issues with their left shoulders. The risk here is considered relatively minimal—in both cases, there’s a chance the player may have to have the shoulder surgically repaired after the 2024 season. Bryan Bresee, the Saints’ first-round pick last year, had a similar situation with his shoulder coming into the draft last year."

Shades of Shaq Lawson in 2016?

• Like (+1) 5