WR Treylon Burks

1 hour ago, BarleyNY said:

The only issue is that a team trading for him would take on his guaranteed contract. $4.7M total for 2024 & 2025. There have been recent trades where guaranteed money reverts back to the original team if the player is cut. I’m not interested but I’d want us to insist on that if we did acquire him. 

Yeah, you have to be confident he can work out, you are kind of committing to having him on the roster....we dont need dead weight because once upon a time he was a high pick.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

The Titans traded for Calvin Ridley which doesn’t bode well for Burks. Having DeAndre Hopkins, Ridley and the #7 pick overall in this year’s draft puts them in the right position to select one of the top 3 WRs. 

I believe that Beane is going to move up in the draft for either Brian Thomas Jr or Adonai Mitchell but adding another WR is still a real possibility. Being a former 1st rd pick that hasn’t stayed healthy makes Burks expendable. If Beane could get him cheap that would be a low risk high ceiling WR prospect for the Bills imo.

I'd rather stay put and draft Legette

Burks doesn't have the speed or quickness to create a lot of separation.  His calling card was as a physical receiver who wins contested catches.  That means he's going to face a lot of physical contact.  If he is having a lot of injury issues, his playing style is not likely to help him stay healthy.

No to Burks.  He hasn't done anything.

If Tenn wants to move someone because they want one of the big 3 WRs, I think we should send about a 4th or 5th and get DHop.  Then trade down in the draft and get one of the non-diva types in the 2nd - McConkey/Legette/Coleman/Franklin.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

How often do total bust WRs turn it around? I'd rather draft someone from a D3 school in the 7th that we haven't seen be awful in the NFL yet.

I think WR production is more at the mercy of HC/OC/QB/OL circumstances than any position other than QB.  So, if you are the Bills and you can identify a WR who  you had a high grade on in their draft year but you are convinced came into the NFL into a poor situation or has had bad injury luck, you should be able to get him for less investment and on a cheaper deal and have a reason to believe that they have a shot to thrive with the Bills.  It's the nature vs. nurture argument.  Foster, Brown, Beasley, Diggs all had better years with the Bills and Josh than they had previously.   Burks may or may not be such a candidate but there must be others.

1 hour ago, BullBuchanan said:

How often do total bust WRs turn it around? I'd rather draft someone from a D3 school in the 7th that we haven't seen be awful in the NFL yet.

They don’t. 

Corey Davis didn’t, N’Keal Harry didn’t, Kevin White didn’t, LaQuan Treadwell didn’t, Josh Doctson didn’t, John Ross didn’t….

Edited by Roundybout

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I would be willing to take a flier on him. I think someone suggested a swap of failed first rounders - Burks for Elam - a month or two back and I don't hate that idea. But I wouldn't be giving much up for him. 

I'm not persuaded the Bills view Elam as a "failed first rounder" quite yet.  They may - but McDermott has consistently said stuff about players "getting it" in their 3rd year.

I think they at least carry Elam through training camp.  Their pattern with a lot of guys who are no longer with us is that they give them 3 seasons (or at least 3 training camps) - Ford, Moss, Basham etc.

15 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

They don’t. 

Corey Davis didn’t, N’Keal Harry didn’t, Kevin White didn’t, LaQuan Treadwell didn’t, Josh Doctson didn’t, John Ross didn’t….

Don't forget Corey Coleman, whom the Bills paid (IIRC) the better part of $3.5M to be on the roster for less than a month during 2018 training camp.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I'm not persuaded the Bills view Elam as a "failed first rounder" quite yet.  They may - but McDermott has consistently said stuff about players "getting it" in their 3rd year.

I think they at least carry Elam through training camp.  Their pattern with a lot of guys who are no longer with us is that they give them 3 seasons (or at least 3 training camps) - Ford, Moss, Basham etc.

Don't forget Corey Coleman, whom the Bills paid (IIRC) the better part of $3.5M to be on the roster for less than a month during 2018 training camp.

They may not. I do. I don't see him ever "getting it" in this D.

4 hours ago, dma0034 said:

I'd trade like a 4th round pick. He has done nothing but show the team was absolutely stupid for trading AJ Brown and drafting him as the replacement

Keenan Allen was traded for a 4th round pick-no way is Burks worth the same. I would be very upset if they traded a 4th for him 

3 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

Keenan Allen was traded for a 4th round pick-no way is Burks worth the same. I would be very upset if they traded a 4th for him 

Keenan Allen is also about to be 32 with a 23 million dollar cap hit. 

I would hate giving up pick 200 for him. He just turned 24 and he’s been in a bad passing offense with lackluster QB’s and he’s only two years into his career.

He’s been a bit banged up his first two seasons but not necessarily major injuries (turf toe and a LCL sprain from what I have read) so he’s not damaged goods either.

Big guy with great measurables and productive in college. Maybe a change of scenery will help him. Could do worse for a WR 5/6.

We don't need another reclamation project. We already have Andy Isabella and K.J. Hamler. If Burks were to be cut and we wanted to Practice Squad him like those two, fine. But I'm not giving up anything for him or giving him a 53 man spot without earning it.

1st Round busts at WR don't switch teams and then all of a sudden become a hit. He's Kadarius Toney with less physical skills and ability.

14 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

We don't need another reclamation project. We already have Andy Isabella and K.J. Hamler. If Burks were to be cut and we wanted to Practice Squad him like those two, fine. But I'm not giving up anything for him or giving him a 53 man spot without earning it.

1st Round busts at WR don't switch teams and then all of a sudden become a hit. He's Kadarius Toney with less physical skills and ability.

Toney would be awesome if he wasn't such a knucklehead