Where will you watch the eclipse?

Simon

2 minutes ago, teef said:

Right in the front ole back yard.  We have a bunch of food and beers with neighbors coming over.  Cloudy or otherwise, I’m tying one on in the name of science. 

No ether?

Slacker....

31 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Out near Cleveland right now to watch it. Very clear skies right now! Hope it holds!

I'm leaving for Cuyahoga Valley right now.

Any incoming clouds should just be high level cirrus at this point, so minimal interference

1 minute ago, teef said:

Ethering the neighbors would be the ultimate eclipse party favors. 

My best friend is a dentist; he brought me a functional dental chair to put on the deck at camp.

Quality entertainment 🤙

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, teef said:

Right in the front ole back yard.  We have a bunch of food and beers with neighbors coming over.  Cloudy or otherwise, I’m tying one on in the name of science.   

edit:  I just checked the weather report.   It’s gets cloudy…at 3.  Outstanding. 

You’re going to get drunk and forget to put your glasses on.

IMG_7359.jpeg

14 minutes ago, Beast said:

You’re going to get drunk and forget to put your glasses on.

IMG_7359.jpeg

The small fortune I pay in disability insurance will finally pay off!  I’ll be blind and in Florida. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Hope the clouds break.  Feel bad for all those folks that drove or flew to WNY for this.  Meanwhile Cleveland, Indy and all of northern New England region is basking in Sunshine.

socal 55% eclipse achieved in bright sunny skies. FANTASTIC! 

Hubby hooked up a JBL flip portable speaker blaring the eclipse playlist. I LOVE IT!!!

I loved every second.  Both hubby and I were sad when it  began to recede. total FUN and loved  every second of it

I pray the same for my peeps 🙂

🌖

• Like (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, muppy said:

I loved every second.  Both hubby and I were sad when it  began to recede. total FUN and loved  every second of it

I pray the same for my peeps 🙂

🌖

We had totality on a clear day here in Ohio. It was wild. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

we were in northern Ohio too. Glad we made the trip. Saw every bit.

how did it make you feel though? It makes me emotional

• Like (+1) 1

They had one of the  Washington DC TV news meteorologists live in Buffalo.  They went to him once and saw it was all cloudy and didn't go to him again.  Kind of a bummer for WNY to not have nice skies. 

The cloud cover was definitely a downer but we still got to see it quite a few times.

We had a great view when it first started shortly after 2pm. Then we got a good view when it was about 1/2 eclipsed, then saw it again for a while when it was about 3/4. Then maybe a dozen times when it was totally eclipsed, but those views only lasted maybe 3-15 seconds each time. 

The darkness was amazing. Just how quickly it went totally dark, then how quick it got light again 4 minutes later. It was almost like instant sunset and sunrise. So cool! I was not expecting it to be that drastic.

Now I see what the hype is about being in the path of totality.

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 2

58 minutes ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

You've been experiencing the darkness of the Sabres for the past 13 years.

Always darkest before the dawn 

Down here near Jamestown it popped in and out of the clouds

10 minutes ago, 4th&long said:

That was some lame ass *****. What a let down!i feel for the poor bastards that flew into Niagara Falls. Don’t people do their research? Wny is an arm pit!

As i told some friends where I live....if you want to go to the one spot on earth to be let down in sports and weather...go to Buffalo.  Guaranteed to let you down.

Except for Wings.  Those we do better than anyone else on earth.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, zow2 said:

As i told some friends where I live....if you want to go to the one spot on earth to be let down in sports and weather...go to Buffalo.  Guaranteed to let you down.

Except for Wings.  Those we do better than anyone else on earth.

I didn’t think much about the eclipse leading up to today. My wife and kids were disappointed. I told her if I knew you were all looking forward to it I would have went somewhere else to watch it. I told her weeks ago it would be cloudy today. I don’t even look at the weather report anymore and I knew it would be cloudy. It’s WNY. It’s an arm pit!

Edited by 4th&long
  • Eyeroll 1