Who Should the Bills draft at 28 (TSW community mock version 1.0)) 2024

Who should the Bills draft in the TSW mock v1.0  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Who should the Bills draft in the TSW mock v1.0

• AD Mitchell WR Texas
    • Xavier Legette WR South Carolina

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/04/2024 at 12:30 PM

2 minutes ago, mrags said:

I honestly didn’t think we would go WR until rd4 a week ago. Now not only think they will go with a wr in rd1 I believe they make a crazy move and try for one of the top 3-4 guys 

I'm not banking on some sell the farm trade. Maybe Beane plans on using that extra 2nd as well as next yrs. 1st to create some action in the 2nd and 3rd rds.

I'd much rather have 4 picks there to work with( in addition to 28) instead of selling out for one guy.....who could tear an ACL going to the podium.

• Like (+1) 1

My guy is Legette, so you already know. I think he has the ability to be that big play WR who can take any ball to the house. Whether it be one Go route, a Slant, a Post, a Post Corner, he can get loose. I also like that he has a big body for a WR at 220lbs. I've seen comps of Deebo, and Steve Smith says DK, but I see AJ Brown with a bit more speed in the open field. 

1 minute ago, Rockinon said:

I like the way you think, but who is going to be willing to give up a 3rd unless it's to take one of those WRs off the board.

Lol well you can ask what position they are trading up for or ask offense or defense at least. Maybe it's for Penix or another QB or something. Lots of good OT in this draft too

28 minutes ago, nosejob said:

I'm not banking on some sell the farm trade. Maybe Beane plans on using that extra 2nd as well as next yrs. 1st to create some action in the 2nd and 3rd rds.

I'd much rather have 4 picks there to work with( in addition to 28) instead of selling out for one guy.....who could tear an ACL going to the podium.

I’m not saying one way or another what I want to happen. I’m simply stating that a week ago I wasn’t sure they would go with WR at all in the first 3 rounds. Now I think they absolutely do in rd 1 

18 minutes ago, section122 said:

With it getting closer ill leave the options until 8 and pare it from there. 

Any idea how much longer we’re going to keep it going? Wait another hour and bring it down to the top 3 choices maybe? 

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

Why did Mitchell leave Georgia to go to Texas?

He has a daughter and she was living in Texas.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/why-did-ad-mitchell-transfer-draft/

I want Mitchell in the draft, but I love Ladd McConkey.  I've watched Bowers, Burton, McConkey, Mitchell, and  Rosemy-Jacksaint in person many times.  Mitchell and McConkey are simply game breakers.  Ladd can turn a dump off into a 60 yard TD run.  Mitchell has the ability to beat CB's deep, but also the ability to get separation in the end zone.  Either guy would make the Bills better immediately.  I also love the idea of Jacksaint as a 7th round flyer.  The kid isn't the fastest, but he has excellent hands, run very good routes and has a knack for making important catches.  

With Kincaid, we don't need Bowers, but he is the most dynamic TE I've ever seen in college.

Edited by GASabresIUFan

2 hours ago, Logic said:

The knock on AD Mitchell is his body language and effort when the ball isn't going his way.

Call me crazy, but the LAST thing I want after trading Stefon Diggs away is a guy whose default mode when not getting the ball is "phoning it in".

Combine that with his failure to ever crack 1,000 yards in a season or truly dominate as a college receiver, and I couldn't in all good conscience vote for him.

For what it's worth, if this exact scenario presented itself to Buffalo come draft night, I think they'd draft Kool-Aid McKinstry. That's not who I voted for, because that's not what I would do. But I believe it's what Beane would do if this is how the draft played out.

I think there's a chance of that too. They would probably see it as drafting another Tre White. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

@section122I think it can be dropped to the top two now.  And we can leave it open until 9a tomorrow.   It’s gotten closer than I thought.  But great options for not having to trade up.  

Won’t happen in real life and it doesn’t help that every Bills fan wants a WR and every team is drafted by Bills fans 

I hate that Legette is up there that high. I’d literally pick him last of the bunch. Hate that he’ll be the last 2. Worthy because of his speed or Franklin because of his body of work is better option imo. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Better YPC and more TDs. So yes. I felt he played better.

That's typical #2 WR stuff like Gabe. He was never the #1 guy on any team. Worthy was WR1

2 hours ago, Logic said:

The knock on AD Mitchell is his body language and effort when the ball isn't going his way.

Call me crazy, but the LAST thing I want after trading Stefon Diggs away is a guy whose default mode when not getting the ball is "phoning it in".

Combine that with his failure to ever crack 1,000 yards in a season or truly dominate as a college receiver, and I couldn't in all good conscience vote for him.

For what it's worth, if this exact scenario presented itself to Buffalo come draft night, I think they'd draft Kool-Aid McKinstry. That's not who I voted for, because that's not what I would do. But I believe it's what Beane would do if this is how the draft played out.

You have clearly never watched the kid play in person. What does 1000 yards have to do with drafting a college WR? Diggs never approached 1000 yards in college.  

Mitchell's freshman year at UGA the WR/TE room had Mitchell, Pickens (Pitt 2nd rd), McConkey, Bowers, Burton, Darnell Washington (3rd rd Pitt), and Kearis Jackson (Ten).  The running backs included Cook (2nd rd Buf), McIntosh (7th rd Sea), and Zamir White (4th rd LVR).  Burton, Bowers, Mitchell and McConkey will all go in the top 3 rounds in 2024.  That's a huge amount of talent and Mitchell was 4th in receptions and yards.  

His second year he was hurt most of the year and worked his butt off to be ready for the end of the season and the CFP games.  He caught a TD in all 5 CFP games he played in his career.

The kid left UGA to be closer to home and his daughter.  

There is nothing wrong with the kids attitude or work ethic and his talent is off the charts.

1 minute ago, GASabresIUFan said:

You have clearly never watched the kid play in person. What does 1000 yards have to do with drafting a college WR? Diggs never approached 1000 yards in college.  

Mitchell's freshman year at UGA the WR/TE room had Mitchell, Pickens (Pitt 2nd rd), McConkey, Bowers, Burton, Darnell Washington (3rd rd Pitt), and Kearis Jackson (Ten).  The running backs included Cook (2nd rd Buf), McIntosh (7th rd Sea), and Zamir White (4th rd LVR).  Burton, Bowers, Mitchell and McConkey will all go in the top 3 rounds in 2024.  That's a huge amount of talent and Mitchell was 4th in receptions and yards.  

His second year he was hurt most of the year and worked his butt off to be ready for the end of the season and the CFP games.  He caught a TD in all 5 CFP games he played in his career.

The kid left UGA to be closer to home and his daughter.  

There is nothing wrong with the kids attitude or work ethic and his talent is off the charts.

Your not wrong but I will say in the few posts you have made you have an extreme bias towards players from Georgia or former players at Georgia. Just something I have noticed. Nothing wrong with fandom of course but I can't take it objectively when you speak on players from Georgia.

24 minutes ago, Virgil said:

@section122I think it can be dropped to the top two now.  And we can leave it open until 9a tomorrow.   It’s gotten closer than I thought.  But great options for not having to trade up.  

Done.

All: if you voted for someone who has been removed from the poll you can vote for the options left.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Your not wrong but I will say in the few posts you have made you have an extreme bias towards players from Georgia or former players at Georgia. Just something I have noticed. Nothing wrong with fandom of course but I can't take it objectively when you speak on players from Georgia.

You admit my comments are true but then dismiss them because of my alleged "bias."  Should we dismiss everyone here's comments on Bills players because they're biased?

I have spoken about UGA players because I have strong first hand knowledge.  I am a fan, but my comments are from direct observation of their play.  I have seen Legette, Bowers, Mitchell, Burton and McConkey play live on a variety of occasions.  Burton played at Georgia as well, but I don't remember pounding the table for him.  Do you?  I also don't comment I players that I don't have good knowledge about.  Have you seen me comment Chop Robinson or other guys projected to the Bills at 28, except maybe to say I think will the Bills will go WR over Edge.

Also what in my comments about McConkey, Mitchell, Bullard, Bowers and even Van Pran aren't accurate and haven't been confirmed from the stats or other sources?  Didn't Mitchell catch a TD in all 5 CFP games he played?  Wasn't Bullard the MVP of multiple CFP games?  Wasn't Van Pran a 2nd team All-American and 1st team all-SEC?  Don't various "experts" have all these players amongst the highest rated at their positions in the draft?  Last I looked Georgia was 42-2 the last 3 seasons with 2 National Titles, 25 players drafted the last 2 drafts (including a record 15 in 2022) with another 10 players likely to be drafted in 2024.  Maybe it's not bias, but just first hand knowledge about good to great players I have been fortunate enough to see play every week.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft/bestavailable  Here is a link to ESPN's best available for the draft.  They have Bowers (11th overall), Mims (22nd), Mitchell (23rd), McConkey (29th), Lassiter (46th), and Bullard 49th.

Personally, I'd also much prefer to hear from someone who has actually watched a prospect play and then someone who dismisses a player out of hand because they didn't have a 1000 yard season in their college career. That's real bias.  

15 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Too many red flags for Mitchell.

Name one!

Edited by GASabresIUFan

3 minutes ago, GASabresIUFan said:

You admit my comments are true but then dismiss them because of my alleged "bias."  Should we dismiss everyone here's comments on Bills players because they're biased?

I have spoken about UGA players because I have strong first hand knowledge.  I am a fan, but my comments are from direct observation of their play.  I have seen Legette, Mitchell, Burton and McConkey play live on a variety of occasions.  Burton played at Georgia as well, but I don't remember pounding the table for him.  Do you?  I also don't comment I players that I don't have good knowledge about.  Have you seen me comment Chop Robinson or other guys projected to the Bills at 28, except maybe to say I think will the Bills will go WR over Edge.

Also what in my comments about McConkey, Mitchell, Bullard, Bowers and even Van Pran aren't accurate and haven't been confirmed from the stats or other sources?  Didn't Mitchell catch a TD in all 5 CFP games he played?  Wasn't Bullard the MVP of multiple CFP games?  Wasn't Van Pran a 2nd team All-American and 1st team all-SEC?  Don't various "experts" have all these players amongst the highest rated at their positions in the draft?  Last I looked Georgia was 42-2 the last 3 seasons with 2 National Titles, 25 players drafted the last 2 drafts (including a record 15 in 2022) with another 10 players likely to be drafted in 2024.  Maybe it's not bias, but just first hand knowledge about good to great players I have been fortunate enough to see play every week.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft/bestavailable  Here is a link to ESPN's best available for the draft.  They have Bowers (11th overall), Mims (22nd), Mitchell (23rd), McConkey (29th), Lassiter (46th), and Bullard 49th.

Personally, I'd also much prefer to hear from someone who has actually watched a prospect play and then someone who dismisses a player out of hand because they didn't have a 1000 yard season in their college career. That's real bias.  

Name one!

What are you talking about man? I have been one of the biggest McConkey to Bills supporters on here. 

I also said you are right in this particular instance BUT your bias shows when you post about Georgia or former Georgia players which is a fair criticism. I’ve never seen you say anything negative about Georgias prospects. 

I am an FSU fan but have numerous times stated  how the offense didn’t flow. Coleman was asked to run a limited route tree at FSU. That Jordan Travis abandoned the middle of the field for example. 

Just because Georgia players are ranked high doesn’t mean they don’t have flaws in their game as it pertains to their NFL career. Since you have first hand knowledge why not provide each players strengths and weaknesses for us. 

20 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

I’ve never seen you say anything negative about Georgias prospects. 

I tend to not post about players I don't believe in.  As a Bills and UGA fan, I post about players I believe fit with the Bills and should be available when the Bills draft.  I haven't commented on Lassiter and Mims for example because I don't think they fit with the Bills needs or will be available when the Bills draft (or both).

However if you want to know some issues with McConkey, Mitchell and Bullard, here they are.  McConkey seems a little fragile to me.  He seems to get nicked up.  I also think he'll be best utilized against zone type defenses or in the slot in the NFL.  Mitchell, on the other hand, I really like in one on one battles for the football, however I think his route running could use some polish.  The injury and size issues are why I like Mitchell over McConkey in the draft despite Ladd being more productive in college.  

As to Bullard, my biggest issue with him is his height.  I'd love him to be more the size of Bullock.  I also thought his coverage skill were just ok, but he made huge strides in coverage last season going from QB having a rating about 87 against in 2022 to 36 last season.  I also think he relies to much on his speed to cover up positional mistakes, but that also improved significantly last season.  

Edited by GASabresIUFan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Mitchell and another WR in Rd 2, ideally Polk. 

1 hour ago, Mat68 said:

With wr being a more immediate need I would look for a higher floor.  Leggette fills a need and I think is better equipped to contribute rigjt away. 

I think Legette struggled adjusting to college and may have same issue adjusting to pro game.  That said, either one of these guys I would want to pare with another WR in this loaded class (ideally the always productive Polk)

11 hours ago, GASabresIUFan said:

Name one!

I know you've already addressed it some extent, but of the 43 WRs I researched, his analytics are nearly the worst in the class and of the 86 WRs I've looked at in the previous two years, only one player that's even close to Mitchell's score has had any production (maybe two if you consider Tyquan Thornton to be a success).

In both his Georgia and Texas film, there's an alarming number of reps where he just doesn't try even when he's meant to be a valuable part of the play.

He's also one of the worst in the class in terms of running after the catch.

And nitpicking a bit more, he doesn't fight for the ball in the air particularly well yet (but he does obviously have the size and athleticism to project success there someday).

Edited by DCOrange
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I know you've already addressed it some extent, but of the 43 WRs I researched, his analytics are nearly the worst in the class and of the 86 WRs I've looked at in the previous two years, only one player that's even close to Mitchell's score has had any production (maybe two if you consider Tyquan Thornton to be a success).

In both his Georgia and Texas film, there's an alarming number of reps where he just doesn't try even when he's meant to be a valuable part of the play.

And nitpicking a bit more, he doesn't fight for the ball in the air particularly well yet (but he does obviously have the size and athleticism to project success there someday).

He doesn't play the way he tests. There is just no denying it. If you are a team drafting him you better be sure you fully understand the reasons why. 

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

It’s because of this that I believe that a team may take a risk on him. Boom or bust. He clearly has the ability to be a very good WR. 

however it’s because of this, paired with his attitude/mindset that tells me that the Bills will stay away from him anyway. It’s why I didn’t choose him in the earlier options. Of course once it was between him and Legette I choose him. I’m not a fan of Legette. At least not at 28. 

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

Mitchell and another WR in Rd 2, ideally Polk. 

I think Legette struggled adjusting to college and may have same issue adjusting to pro game.  That said, either one of these guys I would want to pare with another WR in this loaded class (ideally the always productive Polk)

My understanding he also changed positions.  Was an athlete recruit.  Played Qb in high school.  Imo if you are looking for a little size to play outside I assume Thomas Jr is gone.  Mitchell and Coleman though younger have not had a season like Leggette and I feel they will have a rougher transition.  I like the potential of some other wrs more and have been vocal against Leggette.  Rather bet more on potential.  With Diggs gone they need a guy to play out of the gate. At 28 thats Leggette for me.  I like the idea of Leggette than double dipping later. Prospects like Washington or Crowing.

17 hours ago, Sestak4ever said:

Would really like to have McConkey on the Bills, great hands, fast, disciplined route runner, smooth and effortless in his play.

Hard pass on this guy,  something tells me he will be a average at best.  

13 hours ago, GASabresIUFan said:

Name one!

They've already been posted in this thread, but his attitude and lack of effort when the ball's not coming to him is one mentioned again and again. He may be a great receiver, but that sounds like a guy who isn't going to last under McDermott, justified or not.