[POLL] Should The Bills Trade Up For A WR?

boyst

[POLL]Trade Up For A WR? Who?  

364 members have voted

1. 1. Should we trade up inside the top 8 for a WR?

• Yes
    • No

2 hours ago, CountDorkula said:

Better Idea

trade 28 for Higgins or Aiyuk

trade a 2nd this year and a 25 1st for a 24 1st and grab Thomas Jr from LSU. 

profit. 

We can’t afford the cap hit for Aiyuk or Higgins this season

6 hours ago, boyst said:

Should they package a trade that would include this years first, next year's first and second to pick in the top 8 for a WR?

That is not enough to get into the top 8 and no way we should spend what it would take to get to the top 8 in this draft, that is QB level trade compensation.  Not to mention this is the best and deepest WR draft maybe in draft history.  

Now if Odunze or Nabers slips into the mid to late teens, then I think you consider giving up our first next year (not also a 2nd) and go get them.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Aussie Joe said:

Take a WR at 28… and then use the Diggs pick to move up to Top 40 and take another…

This could result in McConkey and Legette 

I would be ok with that.

3 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

No, don't trade up. Yes, we need a replacement for Stefon immediately.

My comp based on stats and ability for Diggs in this draft is Ladd mcconkey. 

• Like (+1) 2

Sammy Watkins was a great, can’t miss two # 1s WR….

Let’s try it again?

You keep your picks, and through shrewd drafting we can be in the catbird seat Next year with multiple starters on rookie contracts. 
    This year is a rebuilding year. Accept that for the fact it is and stop pissing away capital, both monetary and draft, on quick fix gambles.

16 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Not to mention this is the best and deepest WR draft maybe in draft history.  

👆☝️

5 hours ago, CountDorkula said:

Calling my shot.

Bears get

2024 1st

2025 1st

late rd pick

Bills get

2024 1st #9

I think it’ll take more than that.  But I’d be on board.  

Sign me up for trading up for one of the top 3.  If we don’t, I’m still happy with Mitchell or Legette.  I think mcconkey could even be in play now.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

Our roster is still elite. When Josh Allen is your QB, you’re going to the playoffs. We may need some help at WR but we still have Samuel, Kincaid, Knox, Shakir, Cook and it looks like Beane is about double down on WR in the draft. I am not even remotely worried.

I would call this roster anything but elite. 

This roster is worse than last year‘s at this point  

• Agree 1

Trading up is foolish when we have so many holes. Good WRs are three rounds deep in this draft. Let the board come to you.  Until the Diggs move, I wouldn’t have bet on a round 1 WR because they still could get a nice player in the second round.  Now, I’m not sure about the first round but sure hope they’re not wasting draft capital to move up in the round. This is Beane’s weakness.  He can’t help himself.  

• Like (+1) 1

I’d go up for Harrison. That guy will probably end up being a HOF WR. I don’t care about the ramifications in cost. No matter what, it won’t be that unreasonable and you don’t have to pay this guy for 4 years. If you are going to go up, go up for the best guy.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, boyst said:

Should they package a trade that would include this years first, next year's first and second to pick in the top 8 for a WR?

If that’s the cost then I’m in. I do not trade up if it’s more or if I can’t get one of the top three WRs. 

3 hours ago, In Summary said:

Never. In a WR rich class trading up that high for one is just pissing away value.

to be fair, we are not in the upper tier of that class at 28. 

I wouldn’t stress much if the debate was getting the second vs the third - whoever lands in your lap is a win. But potentially the 6th guy comes with much more risk

I won’t hate it if they do .. in fact I’ll probably geek out if I see it happen.

However, I’m more open to multiple WR Green Bay method in a loaded draft class.