PSL Pricing/Seat Selection Discussion

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

We figured closer to the goal line would drop the cost. I’m at like the 10 and it went from $20k to $15k.

The anchoring effect in action! Very cool to see. For those who don’t know, this is a cognitive bias effect that we see wherein people rely heavily on the first piece of information offered (the “anchor”) when making decisions. In your example, the initial price of $20,000 sets the anchor. When the price is then reduced to $15,000 (closer to the endzone), this reduced price seems cheap in comparison to the anchor. However, if the “cheap” price was shown first, then it would have been seen as high (since it would be the anchor). We use the anchoring effect a lot in negotiations to influence the other parties perception of price fairness.

Congrats on the tickets. Whether others think it’s a good deal, bad deal, or fair deal, you now have a spot in the new stadium and that’s pretty cool regardless.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

About the 10. We are on the aisle at the price break.

On the aisle?  Do they cost extra? I’d pay a premium to be on the aisle vs the middle of the row. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

They did not but think that you needed 4 for aisle seats. 

That makes sense. This is not as haphazard as some people want to make it out to be. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Considering a week ago, and 1 section over, it would have been $20k more in PSLs it felt like a win.

Indeed, but a win depending upon one's perspective.  LOL  

Either way, just being light.  

My days of anything other than a secondary market ticket here or there are over.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/14/2024 at 2:21 PM, BillsPride12 said:

Not sure if true or not.  I was guessing 50 yard line seats would be at $10K for a PSL but this wouldn't surprise me

i have a friend who sits in lower bowl , 50 yard line, with 1965 seniority.

he has NOT been called for his experience appt yet

so i highly doubt anyone else from the lower bowl has been called

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, papazoid said:

i have a friend who sits in lower bowl , 50 yard line, with 1965 seniority.

he has NOT been called for his experience appt yet

so i highly doubt anyone else from the lower bowl has been called

I’m not saying that it is or isn’t true. I do believe that this scenario presented is a real one. People that sit lower level, near midfield, will have the opportunity to move into the field club. That is the equivalent location. It is obviously a lot more than they currently pay but that was always going to be the case for that real estate. I think it is only on one side of the field (but not sure). If they don’t elect to do that they will keep their priority as other seats open. Basically, there isn’t going to be regular 100 level seating between the ‘40’s (at least on one side of the field).

4 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m not saying that it is or isn’t true. I do believe that this scenario presented is a real one. People that sit lower level, near midfield, will have the opportunity to move into the field club. That is the equivalent location. It is obviously a lot more than they currently pay but that was always going to be the case for that real estate. I think it is only on one side of the field (but not sure). If they don’t elect to do that they will keep their priority as other seats open. Basically, there isn’t going to be regular 100 level seating between the ‘40’s (at least on one side of the field).

Hey boss, this whole thing is a little confusing to me.  I see that you procured your seats, and for that, congrats!

I'm just curious to know were you got your seats at specifically?  Are you in a club seat area?  Are you under the cover or with the wider, heated seats?

From some of the posts, I got the impression you were around the 15 yard line, but only 20 rows back.  I was under the impression those couldn't be bought yet

19 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Hey boss, this whole thing is a little confusing to me.  I see that you procured your seats, and for that, congrats!

I'm just curious to know were you got your seats at specifically?  Are you in a club seat area?  Are you under the cover or with the wider, heated seats?

From some of the posts, I got the impression you were around the 15 yard line, but only 20 rows back.  I was under the impression those couldn't be bought yet

Sure

They are in the East Club. There are 2 levels to it, 200 & 300. These are in the lower of the 2 levels. They are at about the 10-15 yard line. They’re covered and heated. They are wider padded seats too. I tried to attach the view from the seats but it is too big.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 4/9/2024 at 3:37 PM, Kirby Jackson said:

Basically, and the ticket prices in the new stadium are roughly double what they are now for these same seats. I think that the face value of my seats now are about $300 a game. In the new stadium they are like $550 I think (plus the license fee). 

if they are the same seat (i.e. the same view location) even at 54 feet closer in the best case scenario, 54 feet is just over the depth of 2 parking spaces end to end.... and you're paying double.

to my point earlier, they're just generating demand by having less seats available and increasing all the ***** that shouldn't matter in a football game because 1/2 of the game requires entertainment during commercials.

new stadiums are flagrant fleecing of communities and fans to line the owners pockets.... like the food is going to be any cheaper at the new stadium because of gained efficiencies or anything?  lmao.

I wish our fan base told the owners "no to a new stadium" and they would've then said " no to a superbowl ring for you!"  hopefully this buys our fanbase a championship.

Edited by BillsfaninCT
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 2

2 hours ago, BillsfaninCT said:

if they are the same seat (i.e. the same view location) even at 54 feet closer in the best case scenario, 54 feet is just over the depth of 2 parking spaces end to end.... and you're paying double.

to my point earlier, they're just generating demand by having less seats available and increasing all the ***** that shouldn't matter in a football game because 1/2 of the game requires entertainment during commercials.

new stadiums are flagrant fleecing of communities and fans to line the owners pockets.... like the food is going to be any cheaper at the new stadium because of gained efficiencies or anything?  lmao.

I wish our fan base told the owners "no to a new stadium" and they would've then said " no to a superbowl ring for you!"  hopefully this buys our fanbase a championship.

There would be “no” team without a new stadium 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 hours ago, BillsfaninCT said:

What we bought was the right to keep an NFL football team. Championships are not a guaranteed part of the deal, but we can hope. 

• Agree 6

Hey  @Kirby Jackson, do i have this right? Let's say you had clubs now, but turned them down and told them you needed to move into another part of the stadium for financial reasons...are you put at the top of the list when that non-club section goes on sale? Or once everyone who previously sat in :"that section" has gone through, you then get to pick. and this just keeps repeating until you find seats you like?

Maybe just me, but the excitement of the new stadium has already worn off..feels like the news cycle has moved on. i mean I am 135 row 22(28 yd line or so) and it feels like it will be sometime in 25 before I go. just no juice for me there anymore

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

Hey  @Kirby Jackson, do i have this right? Let's say you had clubs now, but turned them down and told them you needed to move into another part of the stadium for financial reasons...are you put at the top of the list when that non-club section goes on sale? Or once everyone who previously sat in :"that section" has gone through, you then get to pick. and this just keeps repeating until you find seats you like?

Maybe just me, but the excitement of the new stadium has already worn off..feels like the news cycle has moved on. i mean I am 135 row 22(28 yd line or so) and it feels like it will be sometime in 25 before I go. just no juice for me there anymore

I don’t know if it translates everywhere but it did for me.

I have the possibility of splitting a pair of club seats with a family member who currently has a pair of clubs. In their meeting they were quoted 15 K per seat. Is there any advice you guys may have?

22 minutes ago, SDS said:

I have the possibility of splitting a pair of club seats with a family member who currently has a pair of clubs. In their meeting they were quoted 15 K per seat. Is there any advice you guys may have?

Based on @Kirby Jacksonmost recent club reservation @10 yd line, would verify section and if you and family member are good with that location then pick them up quickly before they end up being closer to the goal line.

33 minutes ago, SDS said:

YOLO.

7 minutes ago, Mr Info said:

Based on @Kirby Jacksonmost recent club reservation @10 yd line, would verify section and if you and family member are good with that location then pick them up quickly before they end up being closer to the goal line.

One piece of advice that was told by a friend was not to split up the seats by name because it would be harder to resell if needed. Sounded legit.

32 minutes ago, SDS said:

apologies, but my mind goes to what could go wrong. assuming the PSL will not be in your name. mixing money and family could be tricky. a simple side agreement in writing could protect your interests.

3 minutes ago, papazoid said:

apologies, but my mind goes to what could go wrong. assuming the PSL will not be in your name. mixing money and family could be tricky. a simple side agreement in writing could protect your interests.

this is some of the advice I was looking for in what it should look like.

14 minutes ago, SDS said:

this is some of the advice I was looking for in what it should look like.

not a lawyer, but i would:

#1- do something on my own, in my own name

#2- spend $100 and get professional advice from your accountant or lawyer on recommending an agreement to fit your exact circumstances with your family member.

#3- all kinds of boiler plate agreements online. like a "FIP" Family Investment Partnership (no one said it had to be a "good" investment..lol)

#4- circle of life events can and do happen. death, disability, job loss, divorce, falling outs over who gets what games, etc.... 

1 minute ago, Jrb1979 said:

I look at those prices and see that I can do Universal Studios vacations multiple times for that. 

Bah. Been there twice in the last 10 years. I’m over it 

9 minutes ago, SDS said:

Bad info. It was $10,500 for both seats. $5250 for one. That makes way more sense.

So, you’re in or not at this point? We need to know how cheap you really are 

4 minutes ago, mrags said:

So, you’re in or not at this point? We need to know how cheap you really are 

this was my upper limit.

Let me know when you wanna compare hose reels. Then we’ll see who’s wallet is fat.

• Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, SDS said:

Seats are around the 20–25 yard line, but our $5250 each. Heated on the visitor sideline.

I want heat so badly. I wonder if any will be left by the time they get to me.

• Haha (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I want heat so badly. I wonder if any will be left by the time they get to me.

seeing as they forgot a roof.....

the entire stadium should have heated seats....then maybe folks would actually use them......have i mentioned i can't stand up for 3 straight hours anymore

• Like (+1) 5

8 minutes ago, papazoid said:

the entire stadium should have heated seats....then maybe folks would actually use them......have i mentioned i can't stand up for 3 straight hours anymore

standing for the entire game is one of the dumbest developments in recent years.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, nucci said:

standing for the entire game is one of the dumbest developments in recent years.

There’s a 500% PSL fee if you want to stand in the new stadium.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

1 hour ago, papazoid said:

Are the actual seats heated? Or is this radiant heat being ‘cast’ down on them? If it’s the latter then it makes no difference if you’re standing. If it’s the former then I’ll bet money they’ll all be broken in three years…tops. 

49 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Are the actual seats heated? Or is this radiant heat being ‘cast’ down on them? If it’s the latter then it makes no difference if you’re standing. If it’s the former then I’ll bet money they’ll all be broken in three years…tops. 

gotta be the actual seats

if you look at the renderings.....doesnt look like any overhang sections

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bills-release-stunning-new-renderings-of-their-proposed-1-4-billion-stadium-thats-scheduled-to-open-in-2026/

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/they-re-here-new-bills-stadium-renderings-unveiled

Edited by papazoid