Bills sign Nicholas Morrow

14 hours ago, JMM said:

Yikes, looking at the replies on Twitter the Philly fans are literally laughing at this signing. All I know is that the LB and secondary were trash for them last year 

Bills: “Our highly paid quarterback doesn’t suck.”   *mic drop*

• Haha (+1) 1

I like Williams. He has speed and hits like a truck. I love Milano but if he does not return to form from the injury then 2024 might be his last in Buffalo with his contract. Hopefully Williams learns to play under control.

This signing, as others have said, hopefully is better and cheaper than Matakevich. Matakevich was one of the worst wastes of money in the McDermott/Beane era. 

14 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Yeah and I was hoping the likes of Rapp and Lewis and Morrow would be filled in by those cheap draft picks, not veteran contracts. Obviously the entire depth of the roster isn't going to be just rookies but can't these sorts of signings wait until we know what our draft class looks like?

The flip side of this, is having depth options already on the roster gives you more flexibility on draft day(s). Then it is best man wins. 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

Good, now they can let Mata walk , saves $$$$, plus he replaces T Dod and Klein.  All good.   We know who our top 3 LBs are.   Another solid Beane move. 

Honestly, we know who the top 4 are. The offseason battle between Williams and Morrow for the 3rd LB will be a good one. 

Also just saw the “late hit” he had on Allen, I’m surprised our boy didn’t win an Oscar the other night. 

He's GREAT depth. Started all 17 games for the Bears and 12 games last season for the Eagles. Plays smart and fast. If Milano isn't ready to go for the first few weeks this season then this is a great pickup.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Draconator said:

When I heard about the signing, I thought "Special Teams guy" but he's really been more of a starter the last several years. 100% of the snaps in Chicago in 2022.

With that, he does play ST though and it sounds as though he can play all the LB positions, so yeah Klein like in that regard.

20 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

The flip side of this, is having depth options already on the roster gives you more flexibility on draft day(s). Then it is best man wins. 

McDermott has been loud and clear on wanting vet leadership in all the rooms and Beane has been loud and clear on not liking to go into draft day needing to fill holes.

11 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

If he’s better than Matekevich and Klein, I’m good.  We might’ve actually won the Chiefs game if we weren’t down to Klein.  

With all regard, that might be a separate issue.  When you're down to your 2nd or 3rd string at 2 different linebacker positions and have a guy playing in a brace, it's always going to be rough.

Edited by Beck Water

9 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Honestly it makes me wonder if the Bills are moving more to 4-3. We had shockingly good depth in Spector and Dorian Williams so how do we justify Morrow when safety is such a desert

He's probably pretty cheap.  They only count top 53 so even a 2M deal is really just about 1M in cap space basically since it nudges someone in the 800K range off the balance sheet.  

Considering he was on the eagles practice squad at the end of camp in August... I don't think this is a big money deal or changes anything buffalo is doing directionally with their defense.  They usually kept 5 last season, and this puts buffalo back at 5 off ball linebackers.  

Edited by Bleeding Bills Blue

18 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He’ll push Milano for sure.

Naw....

2 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

I like Dorian Williams and Spector so this means absolutely nothing to me.

NOt sure spector is athletic enough.  and hurt alot.  Last  shot for him this year imho