Bills sign Nicholas Morrow

1 minute ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Our depth guys always end up playing.  Because the NFL is the injury league.  And last year our special teams sucked.  (Good to see Neal was finally cut. Did he make more then half a dozen good plays in his career w the Bills?) 

And if this guy can make some plays when called upon at LB.  And maybe be good on ST, then its a strong signing.

Beane ain't signing scrubs. 

They also have Dorian Williams who I expect will be much better in year 2 as the primary backup imo. Now they have Morrow and Spector as well and wouldn’t surprise me if they add one late in Day 3 to compete for ST reps 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, gonzo1105 said:

They also have Dorian Williams who I expect will be much better in year 2 as the primary backup imo. Now they have Morrow and Spector as well and wouldn’t surprise me if they add one late in Day 3 to compete for ST reps 

I like Dorian Williams also.  I see a lot of upside w his athleticism.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

50 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

If they signed him for league minimum, under that 1.7 million comp number, then great. Good depth. Anything more than that is ridiculous. To me these are the types of signings you make in June after the draft. 

This is where I don't understand the plan. We're prioritizing signings that have no business being prioritized. And we are apparently already almost out of cap space if Spotrac is to be believed. Do we have anything left to materially improve the offense?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, HappyDays said:

This is where I don't understand the plan. We're prioritizing signings that have no business being prioritized. And we are apparently already almost out of cap space if Spotrac is to be believed. Do we have anything left to materially improve the offense?

I understand what you're saying - but we don't have context on their full vision for this offseason.  They're weighing cap space, available FA's, and their own draft boards.

And we don't know what the latter looks like.  Backup LB is a need in their eyes - to them, the decision to go there w/ what limited FA acquisition they can muster under cap might make more sense than looking at the draft, where they may already have players in mind to address our other holes (which include holes at both starting positions and depth).

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Really? Because the one position I thought the Bills might have an overabundance of depth at was LB. This one is a mystery to me 

So he's hopefully less of a liability than AJ Klein

funny you should say that...

• Haha (+1) 4

11 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

11 draft picks. Really the only thing that needs to be improved on offense is the WR corps and OL depth. This team needs way more defensive help than Offensive help

2 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

funny you should say that...

Harsh… but fair …

You wonder if AJ might have been better off not taking Beane’s call last January and going on that planned holiday to Key West with the family .

• Thank you (+1) 1

oh SNAP that is an AJ Klein humongous Dis. I dunno about all that snark. I think AJ served us well when we really needed him to do so down the stretch

I don't hate him. He's maybe not REALLY fast but come on now.

For whatever its worth:

PFF says he was 12th out of 46 qualified (300+ run snaps)  LBs vs the run.... and he was slightly better than Bernard in coverage, just behind (ex Bill) Terrell Edmunds

Edited by Turk71
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Was this a need?

He's probably the guy that will fill the role that Klein had in the past a veteran presence incase Bernard goes down like he did in the play offs or if he goes out with a injury during the season . Or he may be that takes Dodson or Matekavich's place if he has ST's play on his resume .

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Harsh… but fair …

You wonder if AJ might have been better off not taking Beane’s call last January and going on that planned holiday to Key West with the family .

probably paid for his families trip for 3 hours of work.  I'd take that deal.

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

11 draft picks.

Yeah and I was hoping the likes of Rapp and Lewis and Morrow would be filled in by those cheap draft picks, not veteran contracts. Obviously the entire depth of the roster isn't going to be just rookies but can't these sorts of signings wait until we know what our draft class looks like?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

23 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

My guess is they're being patient there. The WR market has been pretty slow, as teams are looking at this year's Draft crop and are hesitant to pull the trigger on big price tags when they can find someone in the Draft that represents equal or greater talent.

I don't see us paying for someone that's going to cost starting WR money. You don't pay that unless you're planning on them starting and they probably aren't going to come here unless that's guaranteed. I don't think we want to do that as the plan is for that to be our 1st Round pick.

We're probably looking at guys like Josh Reynolds, DJ Chark, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, K.J. Osborn, Van Jefferson, or Mecole Hardman. Guys that will come at an Outside WR3 price tag that you feel comfortable starting if the Rookie takes a little while to get his feet under him.

He's probably waiting for that market to play itself out a little bit as to get a good price on someone like that.

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Yeah and I was hoping the likes of Rapp and Lewis and Morrow would be filled in by those cheap draft picks, not veteran contracts. Obviously the entire depth of the roster isn't going to be just rookies but can't these sorts of signings wait until we know what our draft class looks like?

Im venturing that Morrow won’t cost much if anything at all and I’m guessing Rapp is going to be a starter which is very low end starter money 

2 hours ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

He’s got to be better than AJ Klein, right?

All due respect because he was a good LB earlier in his career, but a traffic cone is better than AJ Klein at this point.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1