Dion Dawkins cryptic tweet UPDATE: EXTENDED PER SCHEFTY

DIggs hijacked his X account and is still trying to... tweet... x... tweext... what the hell is the verb for this platform now, anyway... regardless, trying to force his way out of Buffalo with more cryptic messages to the ether.

• Haha (+1) 6

The messages could be a sign an extension is coming. Could also be a sign he's not happy with how extension talks are going (or disappointed the bills aren't interested). Or maybe he just really loves Buffalo. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

The sad face makes me think it isn't good

Could be the opposite.  He's could be crying from tears of joy with an extension.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

Just now, nedboy7 said:

Where is the "How much can we get for Dawkins?" thread. 

People don't hate him enough for that, he doesn't have enough pro bowls.  He isn't in that weird "he's too good, we should get rid of him" category that some people subscribe to around here

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Could be the opposite.  He's could be crying from tears of joy with an extension.

2 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:
agreed he’s an emotional guy. Extension very likely

If that’s the case, someone should introduce him to this emoji - 🥹

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

He could be trolling too.  Interpreting Millennials social media pages is the price you have to pay to be a true fan nowadays.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It's gonna be a contract extension. He's a "heart and soul guy", coming off a career year, they need cap savings, and they just released their veteran center and won't want to create the leadership and talent void that jettisoning their good LT would create.

Announcement will come soon. Watch.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 7

7 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

He could be trolling too.  Interpreting Millennials social media pages is the price you have to pay to be a true fan nowadays.

This is exactly it. He’s playing with people. After all the lives this week he thought it would be funny to play a joke. Then he’ll be extended.

14 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Can people stop with the "Millennials" stuff? He was born in 94. One year later and he would have been Gen Z. I think you're referring more to Gen Z's than Millennials. You do realize that there are a lot of Millennials in their early 40's now, right? And a lot more are in their late 30's. Or are you one of those ones where anyone born from 1980 until now is a Millennial? 

Edited by Buffalo03
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Buffalo03 said:

Can people stop with the "Millennials" stuff? He was born in 94. One year later and he would have been Gen Z. I think you're referring more to Gen Z's than Millennials. You do realize that there are a lot of Millennials in their early 40's now, right? And a lot more are in their early 30's. Or are you one of those ones where anyone born from 1980 until now is a Millennial? 

Ok boomer...

• Haha (+1) 14

2 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

I'm a 38 year old Millennial 😂

Then start acting like it.

When I was 38 I wasn’t on the internet with my phone - BECAUSE AL GORE HADN’T INVENTED THE INTERNET YET!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 8

1 minute ago, Buffalo03 said:

I'm a Millennial 😂

I would have guessed that by your defense of the generation, but there are no memes with "Ok Millennial" printed on them so it wouldn't have resonated... :lol:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, WotAGuy said:

Then start acting like it.

When I was 38 I wasn’t on the internet with my phone - BECAUSE AL GORE HADN’T INVENTED THE INTERNET YET!!!

What are you talking about? I was just defending the fact that Millennials seem to get blamed for weird stuff that aren't even Millennials. Why exactly do you think I'm not acting my age?

• Eyeroll 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, transient said:

I would have guessed that by your defense of the generation, but there are no memes with "Ok Millennial" printed on them so it wouldn't have resonated... :lol:

here you go.  The nice part is they don't know who Gene Wilder is so it's even better.

ok-millennial-ad2c895f38.jpg

• Haha (+1) 6

3 minutes ago, transient said:

It just annoys me. I'm almost 40 as a Millennial, the oldest Millennials are now 43 years old but they still get blamed for stupid things and have stuff said about them like "it's hard to interpret a Millennials tweets" like we are still 25 years old lol.

2 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

here you go.  The nice part is they don't know who Gene Wilder is so it's even better.

ok-millennial-ad2c895f38.jpg

I know exactly who Gene Wilder is because again, Millennials are either near 40 or over 40. But you still think they are 25 years old lol

• Like (+1) 1

probably not agreeing on terms at the moment is my read.

So Dawkins is currently 15th in AAV at $14.575M.  Next year is his last on his current deal.  What do people see for his extension, years, guaranteed and AAV?  I think his agent will be looking to get him to top 5 given his string of Pro Bowl's, that would put him around $20M AAV.    Unless he is willing to sign for something closer to where he is now, I am not doing a new deal with him but he is tough, he has missed one game in 7 years but you dont pay for the past, you pay for the future.  What are people willing to sign up for?   I think I would let this year play out unless he was willing to take less than he is reasonably able to demand.

https://overthecap.com/position/left-tackle