Jets grant Zach Wilson permission to seek trade

Gregg

4 hours ago, Low Positive said:

We can laugh, but I want Zach Wilson and Mac Jones to turn into productive NFL QBs. That would be torture for Jets and Pats fans and I'm here for that.

You mean like ex-Sabres productive? Like we get tortured.... 😕

7 hours ago, mrags said:

I’ve been seeing a lot of mocks with the Cards taking one of the QBs. I don’t get it honestly. They can’t be ready to move on from Murray yet right. He missed a season with injury but they are so heavily invested I’d think they have to at least try and work it out. 

Murray is not a winning NFL QB... He has wayyy too many holes

he would have been a much better baseball player

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Murray is not a winning NFL QB... He has wayyy too many holes

he would have been a much better baseball player

I don’t disagree with that. But they disagree enough to have signed him for $230m over 5 years. 

3 minutes ago, mrags said:

I don’t disagree with that. But they disagree enough to have signed him for $230m over 5 years. 

And that's why the NFL is a business

Why, somebody like Taylor heinecke... Had to sit behind a washed up Carson Wentz

Because one was a top five overall pick making a ton of money..  and one was an undrafted free agent

It took crazy circumstances for Heineke to take that job

Because if you're an owner paying a quarterback 25 million a year you're going to play him over a guy who's making $750,000

Regardless of the talent at the time

It's a business and you're giving one guy 25 million dollars

Edited by Buffalo716

17 hours ago, DJB said:

Not sure there will be any takers with the cap he carries. My guess is he’s simply cut 

Isn't he still on his rookie contract & given his history to this point he's not going to make a ton of money on his second contract as he sits right now ?

If so Dabol is looking for a long term QB & he was a 1st round pick maybe he can rehab him . Go Blue .

He should go to the UFL.  Get reps, learn, improve that terrible decision making, and perhaps light the league up.   

Why settle getting traded for a 7th round pick and being a backup?

On 2/28/2024 at 12:17 PM, Sweats said:

You know what would be a good offer?.........a handful of JA grocery bags from Wegmans

You are nothing if not consistent.

The guy isn’t good by any stretch but I’d give him a shot as a potential long term backup. He can run and he’s got to get out of the situation he’s in. Sadly this guy has been the only non Mahomes/Burrow/Brady that’s really beaten us more than once. Go figure 

On 2/28/2024 at 11:17 AM, Sweats said:

You know what would be a good offer?.........a handful of JA grocery bags from Wegmans

Only because he looks sad in the picture, otherwise, that’s way too rich.

10 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The guy isn’t good by any stretch but I’d give him a shot as a potential long term backup. He can run and he’s got to get out of the situation he’s in. Sadly this guy has been the only non Mahomes/Burrow/Brady that’s really beaten us more than once. Go figure 

Zach Wilson doesn't beat us. Salah's defense does. He admitted after that week 1 win (by the Jets) that he knew the plays that Dorsey called before the ball was snapped. If you think back on those Jets losses. they all involved multiple turnovers by the Bills as well as stalled drives. Salah may be a bit of a meathead and a bad HC, but he is a great defensive mind. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

Zach Wilson doesn't beat us. Salah's defense does. He admitted after that week 1 win (by the Jets) that he knew the plays that Dorsey called before the ball was snapped. If you think back on those Jets losses. they all involved multiple turnovers by the Bills as well as stalled drives. Salah may be a bit of a meathead and a bad HC, but he is a great defensive mind. 

Or Dorsey was a bad OC

4 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Or Dorsey was a bad OC

Don't say that too loudly, because the TBD two-man Ken Dorsey Defense Force will come after you. One guy defends him so hard that I think that it may be Ken himself.

To be fair, I think that Ken got a bit of a raw deal in Buffalo. He'll learn from his mistakes and he'll be better the next time he gets to call plays.

3 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

Don't say that too loudly, because the TBD two-man Ken Dorsey Defense Force will come after you. One guy defends him so hard that I think that it may be Ken himself.

To be fair, I think that Ken got a bit of a raw deal in Buffalo. He'll learn from his mistakes and he'll be better the next time he gets to call plays.

I think Dorsey will get another opportunity to call plays and probably be a good OC down the road. He clearly knows football and had some impressive numbers at times, but his consistency and rhythm was bad

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I think Dorsey will get another opportunity to call plays and probably be a good OC down the road. He clearly knows football and had some impressive numbers at times, but his consistency and rhythm was bad

He was asked to use Daboll's playbook almost unchanged in year one. Every DC knew what was coming. Then, he tried to implement 12 personnel in year two and Knox got hurt. But the rhythm was bad and he didn't adapt during games. He'll learn from that.

I think the Jets destroyed Zach Wilson with their ridiculously bad O line and their non-genius OC, can't hackett.  Or maybe they just damaged him and he remains fixable.  I think he has talent but is shell-shocked.  A season as a backup here or elsewhere, with professional coaches and a good O line, might be what he needs to resurrect his career.  I wouldn't give up a thing to trade for him, nor would I accept him with his current salary.  But if he's cut and becomes a FA, and is willing to play for what a backup QB gets (around $1M), I think he'd be an upgrade over our current backup, who gets the same salary but is nowhere near as good.

4 minutes ago, Utah John said:

I think the Jets destroyed Zach Wilson with their ridiculously bad O line and their non-genius OC, can't hackett.  Or maybe they just damaged him and he remains fixable.  I think he has talent but is shell-shocked.  A season as a backup here or elsewhere, with professional coaches and a good O line, might be what he needs to resurrect his career.  I wouldn't give up a thing to trade for him, nor would I accept him with his current salary.  But if he's cut and becomes a FA, and is willing to play for what a backup QB gets (around $1M), I think he'd be an upgrade over our current backup, who gets the same salary but is nowhere near as good.

The Jets did him no favors with their coaching and OL, but he has been in the league 4 years now and hasn't shown any improvement with the mental aspect of the game. He has trouble going thru his reads, progressions and understanding what looks the defense is throwing at him. That leads to so many poor decisions on his part with where to throw the ball. I don't know if that is fixable or not.

12 hours ago, Low Positive said:

Eh, I think that defense has given us some issues and yeah we gave that one away week 1 but Wilson made some big throws in that first win. The 21 win. I’m not saying he’s good but he has the tools. I’d be willing to give him a shot at backing up Josh

Why not a 6 rounder if your team is not too worried about cap space and the Jets pick up most of the salary? 

If he looks awful, just cut him.   If he looks good in practice you can sign him to a new contract and it won't cost much.  If he looks good in games and someone else offers him more that you want to pay, it will help you with the comp pick formula.  If he actually looks like a legitimate starting QB, well then you have a QB.

Seems like a reasonable cost for a QB who has been awful but clearly has physical talent and also was in about a bad situation as possible from the QB development stand point.

Of course, this is totally dependent on the Jets picking up most of the salary.

Edited by Billy Claude