UFA’s Around the NFL

If we didn’t have Knox, Jonnu would be an interesting acquisition. Think he’s a very talented #2 to have or a low-end #1. 

Let’s say Floyd and AJE are out the door and don’t come back, wonder if Barrett would take a little less to come play with Von? He always said when his move to Tampa paid off that he credits Miller with guiding him on how to be a successful and consummate professional as a teammate and player. 

🤔

Edited by BBFL
  • Like (+1) 2

I think the released guy (no comp pick impact) who makes a ton of sense is Eddie Jackson. Playmaker who has had injury issues the last couple of years. he is a perfect fit as a FS in this defense. Chicago plays many similar coverage concepts. Honestly doesn't seem like he has lost a. step, it's more of an injury issue. 

The other guy who makes some level of sense is Lawrence Guy, a dude who hs some flexibility and would add a non-comp pick affecting body to the DL room. 

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, ngbills said:

Waiting for Harty and Hines to be added to this list

didn’t Beane already “promise” Hines he wouldn’t be cut?  

Harty had a HUGE PR that won us the division, but he was barely used as an actual WR.  I thought he showed some flashes when he was

2 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I think the released guy (no comp pick impact) who makes a ton of sense is Eddie Jackson. Playmaker who has had injury issues the last couple of years. he is a perfect fit as a FS in this defense. Chicago plays many similar coverage concepts. Honestly doesn't seem like he has lost a. step, it's more of an injury issue. 

The other guy who makes some level of sense is Lawrence Guy, a dude who hs some flexibility and would add a non-comp pick affecting body to the DL room. 

I like both of these ideas a lot

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

didn’t Beane already “promise” Hines he wouldn’t be cut?  

Harty had a HUGE PR that won us the division, but he was barely used as an actual WR.  I thought he showed some flashes when he was

$10M is just way too much on these guys in any year. But with limited cap space that money is needed elsewhere. If these guys are willing to take less money ($2M per) then maybe you keep them. I doubt any team in the league would be paying them more than $2-3M. 

2 hours ago, ngbills said:

$10M is just way too much on these guys in any year. But with limited cap space that money is needed elsewhere. If these guys are willing to take less money ($2M per) then maybe you keep them. I doubt any team in the league would be paying them more than $2-3M. 

I assume Hines reworks his deal.  He has very little in the way of guarantees, and hes coming off a lost season, and is 28.  He hits the open market he's looking at like 1-1.5M and maybe a couple hundred K in guarantees.  He's also likely without a home for a while sitting on his hands hoping the phone rings.  2yr deal, guarantee some of it, get the cap hit low and that gives you a return man and a speed back/gadget option.  

You can cut both but then you're back to trying to find a punt returner, which is obnoxious when you already had 2.  You could potentially use shakir there, but thats not really a primary option in my head as his role should be on offense.  

7 hours ago, ngbills said:

Waiting for Harty and Hines to be added to this list

I'd expect Harty to go, but not Hines.

Beane's said he has him in his plans for this season. Hines has said he's going to be here. Seems fairly obvious that Beane told him he'd give him a shot this year if he didn't make an issue with the NFLPA over us being able to clear some cap space by not paying him much of anything.

And ultimately, what sense does it make for us to have kept him around and paid him anything last season when we could have just cut him right then and there to turn around and cut him now?

He's going to be here in Training Camp. And I'm sure he'll have his figure reduced. But if you're waiting for him to show up on a Released list anytime soon, you're in for a let down.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

13 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

unsure what $$ acquiring team would take on? Perhaps he’ll be released 

If so, we should be interested.

Acquiring team would owe Mack $23m.  That’s steep for a 33 year old.  6 of his 17 sacks came in 1 game.  I’d think he’s looking more at a 1 year Leonard Floyd deal than anybody paying $23m for 1 year.  

1 hour ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Acquiring team would owe Mack $23m.  That’s steep for a 33 year old.  6 of his 17 sacks came in 1 game.  I’d think he’s looking more at a 1 year Leonard Floyd deal than anybody paying $23m for 1 year.  

Von Miller says hi

I'm cutting Harty immediately and giving Hines a well deserved "paycut" to 2M. Keep him one last year as your gadget/ return guy (assuming his knee is healed)?  Mack's going to be too costly unless he's willing to play for Floyd type money. Still hope we look at Chinn & Mooney. 

Edited by LABILLBACKER

23 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Also Kadarius Toney is being fired from a cannon.

I have no idea if that's true it's just a feeling.

Toney is making $2.5 million in 2024 am sure KC can justify the contract considering how weak they are at WR, toss in who knows he may turn into the player he flashed as a rookie in New York. 

18 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

Toney is making $2.5 million in 2024 am sure KC can justify the contract considering how weak they are at WR, toss in who knows he may turn into the player he flashed as a rookie in New York. 

The Bills have quite a few more players in the 3 to 10’milion cap hit range than the chiefs do.  I am curious as to how much more production you get from Ryan Bates at 5.4 million.  Compared to say Ryan Van Demark at 0.9 million.  

19 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I'm cutting Harty immediately and giving Hines a well deserved "paycut" to 2M. Keep him one last year as your gadget/ return guy (assuming his knee is healed)?  Mack's going to be too costly unless he's willing to play for Floyd type money. Still hope we look at Chinn & Mooney. 

No way can we fork out the money for Mack. He was around 8-10 sacks a year prior to returning to his Raider years with 17 on the season… He’ll get paid handsomely. 

If we were to ever see Mack in a Bills uniform it was with that #4 in 2014. 😮‍💨

Too costly like you said, can’t see him doing us a favor when teams are coming calling with his last potential pay day. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Chaos said:

The Bills have quite a few more players in the 3 to 10’milion cap hit range than the chiefs do.  I am curious as to how much more production you get from Ryan Bates at 5.4 million.  Compared to say Ryan Van Demark at 0.9 million.  

I agree Bates is being over paid, as obviously when we matched the offer Bears made it looked like he be a starting OG of the future which since has not happened. Yet do we keep him at that cost to replace Morse? Do we look for him to take a pay cut? do we cut him? I'm sure Beane will work his magic to lower Bates cap figure as it clearly not warranted. 

27 minutes ago, Chaos said:

don’t forget their “special team aces” all making a couple million each.

2 hours ago, Chaos said:

This is my issue with the Bills roster construction. It has slowly gotten better because it had to due to some of the large contracts. But too many of those mediocre higher paid guys over either cheap rookies or even cheap vets. We keep guys like Neal around for over $3M and he plays a few snaps here and there. Replace that with the cheapest deal you can get. You do that a few times and you have room for a $10M guy all the sudden. Imagine we had Hopkins last year...

• Like (+1) 1

I don't know if he fits wha the Bills are doing defensively but last year i wanted the Bills to look into the LB the Ravens brought in in Kyle Vanoy I think he may be ab;e to be had for a reasonable price .

Giants won't use the franchise tag on Barkley. He will become a FA.

Ian Rapoport on X: "The #Giants are not franchise tagging RB Saquon Barkley again, source said. He’ll be one of the top free agents in a very good RB class. https://t.co/AL4YHkO4Bp" / X (twitter.com)

Edited by Gregg
  • Like (+1) 1