UFA’s Around the NFL

I'm cutting Harty immediately and giving Hines a well deserved "paycut" to 2M. Keep him one last year as your gadget/ return guy (assuming his knee is healed)?  Mack's going to be too costly unless he's willing to play for Floyd type money. Still hope we look at Chinn & Mooney. 

Edited by LABILLBACKER

23 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Also Kadarius Toney is being fired from a cannon.

I have no idea if that's true it's just a feeling.

Toney is making $2.5 million in 2024 am sure KC can justify the contract considering how weak they are at WR, toss in who knows he may turn into the player he flashed as a rookie in New York. 

18 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

Toney is making $2.5 million in 2024 am sure KC can justify the contract considering how weak they are at WR, toss in who knows he may turn into the player he flashed as a rookie in New York. 

The Bills have quite a few more players in the 3 to 10’milion cap hit range than the chiefs do.  I am curious as to how much more production you get from Ryan Bates at 5.4 million.  Compared to say Ryan Van Demark at 0.9 million.  

19 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I'm cutting Harty immediately and giving Hines a well deserved "paycut" to 2M. Keep him one last year as your gadget/ return guy (assuming his knee is healed)?  Mack's going to be too costly unless he's willing to play for Floyd type money. Still hope we look at Chinn & Mooney. 

No way can we fork out the money for Mack. He was around 8-10 sacks a year prior to returning to his Raider years with 17 on the season… He’ll get paid handsomely. 

If we were to ever see Mack in a Bills uniform it was with that #4 in 2014. 😮‍💨

Too costly like you said, can’t see him doing us a favor when teams are coming calling with his last potential pay day. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Chaos said:

The Bills have quite a few more players in the 3 to 10’milion cap hit range than the chiefs do.  I am curious as to how much more production you get from Ryan Bates at 5.4 million.  Compared to say Ryan Van Demark at 0.9 million.  

I agree Bates is being over paid, as obviously when we matched the offer Bears made it looked like he be a starting OG of the future which since has not happened. Yet do we keep him at that cost to replace Morse? Do we look for him to take a pay cut? do we cut him? I'm sure Beane will work his magic to lower Bates cap figure as it clearly not warranted. 

27 minutes ago, Chaos said:

don’t forget their “special team aces” all making a couple million each.

2 hours ago, Chaos said:

This is my issue with the Bills roster construction. It has slowly gotten better because it had to due to some of the large contracts. But too many of those mediocre higher paid guys over either cheap rookies or even cheap vets. We keep guys like Neal around for over $3M and he plays a few snaps here and there. Replace that with the cheapest deal you can get. You do that a few times and you have room for a $10M guy all the sudden. Imagine we had Hopkins last year...

• Like (+1) 1

I don't know if he fits wha the Bills are doing defensively but last year i wanted the Bills to look into the LB the Ravens brought in in Kyle Vanoy I think he may be ab;e to be had for a reasonable price .

Giants won't use the franchise tag on Barkley. He will become a FA.

Ian Rapoport on X: "The #Giants are not franchise tagging RB Saquon Barkley again, source said. He’ll be one of the top free agents in a very good RB class. https://t.co/AL4YHkO4Bp" / X (twitter.com)

Edited by Gregg
  • Like (+1) 1