UFA’s Around the NFL

On 3/1/2024 at 9:01 AM, Chaos said:

The Bills have quite a few more players in the 3 to 10’milion cap hit range than the chiefs do.  I am curious as to how much more production you get from Ryan Bates at 5.4 million.  Compared to say Ryan Van Demark at 0.9 million.  

I think that we may find out.

On 3/1/2024 at 9:13 AM, BBFL said:

No way can we fork out the money for Mack. He was around 8-10 sacks a year prior to returning to his Raider years with 17 on the season… He’ll get paid handsomely. 

If we were to ever see Mack in a Bills uniform it was with that #4 in 2014. 😮‍💨

Too costly like you said, can’t see him doing us a favor when teams are coming calling with his last potential pay day. 

Irks me to no end that we got Sammy Watkins instead of Mack and that he had a Buffalo connection already. 

• Agree 1

21 hours ago, Gregg said:

Giants won't use the franchise tag on Barkley. He will become a FA.

Ian Rapoport on X: "The #Giants are not franchise tagging RB Saquon Barkley again, source said. He’ll be one of the top free agents in a very good RB class. https://t.co/AL4YHkO4Bp" / X (twitter.com)

I know it can't happen but Barkley could have a historic season in this Bills offense.  Barkley and Cook would be a fascinating duo.  Barkley might have 15 receiving Touchdowns here.   I was hoping the Giants would have made a friendly deal to trade him here two years ago but the Giants started fast and made the playoffs.  Barkley would create so many mismatches for defenses here it would be fantastic to watch.  I hope he stays in the NFC.

It doesn't get talked about much but I believe this team needs another running back to go with cook.  Not a change of pace guy or big bruiser, another legitimate full time back.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

I know it can't happen but Barkley could have a historic season in this Bills offense.  Barkley and Cook would be a fascinating duo.  Barkley might have 15 receiving Touchdowns here.   I was hoping the Giants would have made a friendly deal to trade him here two years ago but the Giants started fast and made the playoffs.  Barkley would create so many mismatches for defenses here it would be fantastic to watch.  I hope he stays in the NFC.

It doesn't get talked about much but I believe this team needs another running back to go with cook.  Not a change of pace guy or big bruiser, another legitimate full time back.  

If we were to get a legit full time back, what are we doing with Cook?

Cook is way better of an actual RB than I ever thought he would be coming out of Georgia.  He's an absolute weapon every time he touches the ball in that fashion. 

What I don't trust him at doing anymore, is being a reliable receiving back.. which makes zero sense because that's all he did at UGA.  Dude was out there running WR routes on the outside and making big catches every other game, yet drops passes all over the place here.  Gotta get that fixed this year.  

16 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Don't we have enough elderly DE on our roster

Mack will end up a Bill before he retires. I just have had the feelings since draft day. 

Just now, SCBills said:

If we were to get a legit full time back, what are we doing with Cook?

Cook is way better of an actual RB than I ever thought he would be coming out of Georgia.  He's an absolute weapon every time he touches the ball in that fashion. 

What I don't trust him at doing anymore, is being a reliable receiving back.. which makes zero sense because that's all he did at UGA.  Dude was out there running WR routes on the outside and making big catches every other game, yet drops passes all over the place here.  Gotta get that fixed this year.  

The exact same thing they did with cook last year.  This team is built to run the ball and if they get a big time wr in the draft that is going to open up the running game even more.  

There are plenty of touches to go around.  IMO this team needs another legitimate running back. I imagine they draft one in the middle rounds.  A guy who can play right away.  

To go one step further if they are to use say 9 of the 11 picks, I would try and find a stud blocking tight end, off the top of my head I can not name one in the draft because I essentially hate college football at this point but they are always out there.

A running game cures all ills.  Defense struggling, run the ball slow the game down, bad weather run the ball, have a big lead and do not want to throw the ball, run the ball....redzone, short yardage etc.

they have all the major components of a great running game already set adding just a little more to it will be great for the team and imo will protect Allen a little more during the season...I do not want to see allen running the tush push multiple times a game every week going forward.  That is a recipe for disaster to me so continue to build the running game.  IMO another good running back and a great blocking tight end continues to build this.   I also know they like to use the third tackle as an extra tight end so that works for me too.

Adam Schefter on X: "Former Falcons tight end Jonnu Smtih and the Miami Dolphins reached agreement on a two-year deal with the do worth up to $10 million, per source." / X (twitter.com)

On 3/6/2024 at 9:55 AM, boyst said:

Mack will end up a Bill before he retires. I just have had the feelings since draft day. 

Not this year brother. He’s getting one last pay day after his 17 sack season… Be it a 1, 2 or 3 year deal. 

On 3/6/2024 at 8:14 AM, MrEpsYtown said:

He may be the one. FS and he makes plays and tackles. He played for Joe Danna in Jacksonville and is a Manny Diaz Miami guy. I love the way he plays. 

and 30 years old  I see 

Surely they can get a guy on the cheap around 27-28 who can play the position for 3 years or so? 

19 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

and 30 years old  I see 

Surely they can get a guy on the cheap around 27-28 who can play the position for 3 years or so? 

Perhaps. Julian Blackmon and Jordan Whitehead, maybe Jeremy Chinn or Geno Stone come to mind. Not sure of their fit in the D but I like them. I see Jenkins as a great fit and just turned 30. Ideally they are in on McKinney or Curl or a Darnell Savage, but it seems they may be a bit expensive. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

17 hours ago, beebe said:

Very surprised they were able to re-sign him for this cheap. 

This is the definition of hometown discount. Doesn’t seem like Chris Jones is willing to do the same. I think Jones is signing somewhere else. Maybe Houston. 

On 3/5/2024 at 5:10 PM, Livinginthepast said:

Irks me to no end that we got Sammy Watkins instead of Mack and that he had a Buffalo connection already. 

But wait there's hope...A small school guy (Troy) who could be the next Mack is Javon Solomon. If we  could end up with him and Maason Smith from LSU

later in the draft Beane will be a genius.

55 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

This is the definition of hometown discount. Doesn’t seem like Chris Jones is willing to do the same. I think Jones is signing somewhere else. Maybe Houston. 

No way, he'll retire a Chief. If not,I hope he stays in the AFCW...just for entertainment.

9 hours ago, NewEra said:

Pats are working on a new deal with Bourne

If I were the Pats, I'd trade down a bit and take J.J. McCarthy. Grab a good WR rd. 2 and in a great spot for BPA throughout. They got some bucks so, Wilkins wouldn't surprise me, but hope not.....wish we could afford him....even tho I hate his innards.  But then again, I thought BB would turn Mac Jones into TB.