KC makes Sneed available for Trade

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

hate to admit it but KC just gets it 

Came here to post just this.

Meanwhile we're over here with post-injury Tre and 30 year old Douglas, acting afraid to do anything with either of them. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

So I’m guessing they’re doing this to ballpark the contract he’d likely fetch on the open market too? Maybe try and retain him @ a similar price. Hard to imagine him willingly go anywhere else for a similar price…

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Came here to post just this.

Meanwhile we're over here with post-injury Tre and 30 year old Douglas, acting afraid to do anything with either of them. 

Plus $14M to Dawson Knox which is essentially Kelce money and 5 times what they pay Gray as TE#2.

Between Miller, Tre and Knox that is $55M in cap. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

So either KC keeps Snead this upcoming season or gets a 1st round pick in a trade? That’s some bs Superbowl Champion problem right there. Rich stays rich. 

Not a bad outcome for a 4th Round pick … even if they lose him, they get a big return and he has already done a job for them …

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Plus $14M to Dawson Knox which is essentially Kelce money and 5 times what they pay Gray as TE#2.

Plus they just signed a punter that we recently used a draft pick for and will pay him about 5 times less than their current punter, and we know his leg is bigger than any in the league.  As much as people hate to see the Mcbeane bashers, we feel the same with the defenders, joking off every move that's bad for the Bills as "nothing to see here"

Edited by Gunsgoodtime
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, schoolhouserock said:

The franchise tag for a corner is like $20M, isn’t it?

I think I’d rather see the Chiefs have to pay that and be in the same boat next offseason than to have them receive picks from anyone.

$19.8 plus they have to sign Chris Jones.  They were awful last year with him off the field.  

• Disagree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

This is literally bull####
You have absolutely no idea what their plans are

Let’s just say I’ll be pleasantly surprised if just one of them is not on the roster.  

I know people love Douglas, but paying him 10M when we have Benford and a guy we invested a RD1 in seems like the exact thing KC doesn’t do. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Let’s just say I’ll be pleasantly surprised if just one of them is not on the roster.  

I know people love Douglas, but paying him 10M when we have Benford and a guy we invested a RD1 in seems like the exact thing KC doesn’t do. 

You’re not gonna pay Douglas $10 million that contract is set up so that it can be extended

26 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Just can’t count for injuries whenever it’s your star players. If those guys were healthy, we would love them taking up that cat but it’s not controllable.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

There is a reason they have all those rings. 

OK, multiple reasons, and that’s what you need, everything to line up just right. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

You’re not gonna pay Douglas $10 million that contract is set up so that it can be extended

Just can’t count for injuries whenever it’s your star players. If those guys were healthy, we would love them taking up that cat but it’s not controllable.

I don’t really have a ton of interest in extending a 30 year old DB to be honest..

Id rather roll with Benford & Elam outside, with Johnson in the slot.  Poyer at Safety, sign back Rapp and then draft a couple CB’s and a S in the middle rounds. 

I’m not waiting around to see if Tre can get back and I’d rather use Douglas 10M towards a WR or DL help. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Teams would be foolish to trade for Sneed.  Let KC threaten to franchise and trade him.  He's not going to be a difference maker in any other team's secondary.  Let KC franchise him and then be stuck with a huge deal in addition to what they have to pay Jones.

• Disagree 2

25 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I don’t really have a ton of interest in extending a 30 year old DB to be honest..

Id rather roll with Benford & Elam outside, with Johnson in the slot.  Poyer at Safety, sign back Rapp and then draft a couple CB’s and a S in the middle rounds. 

I’m not waiting around to see if Tre can get back and I’d rather use Douglas 10M towards a WR or DL help. 

We all hope that Elam rounds out in the form, but he has done nothing to earn that kind of trust

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

36 minutes ago, Augie said:

OK, multiple reasons, and that’s what you need, everything to line up just right. 

And one of those reasons is they don't have Sean McDermott as their HC.

• Eyeroll 2

53 minutes ago, Augie said:

Multiple reasons that they have multiple rings. More often than not they make their own luck. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

We all hope that Elam rounds out in the form, but he has done nothing to earn that kind of trust

I agree, but that’s why I’d draft a couple corners in the mid-rounds.   Benford & Elam both going into Year 3 and then draft 2-3 guys to compete with Elam Rounds 3–6. 

I don’t expect them to do that at all, but if I ask myself what would KC do?… they’d probably use 10M + Tre’s money somewhere else besides a CB coming off two major injuries and another turning 30 by the time the season starts. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Yeah I remember when the Bills were $32M under the cap in 2017 and McDermott(and Beane from Carolina) decided not to franchise tag and trade Gilmore...........and he immediately became the best free agent on the market,  signed a huge deal with a division rival and the Bills got nothing for him.

Sneed is good but Gilmore became the DPOY.

When I questioned the obvious stupidity of not maximizing such an asset when they needed those draft picks to re-tool their team and get a young QB...........we had our usual folks talking about how not using the franchise tag made the Bills look like a more player-friendly organization to play for and benefit the Bills in free agency. :lol:

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, jkeerie said:

Teams would be foolish to trade for Sneed.  Let KC threaten to franchise and trade him.  He's not going to be a difference maker in any other team's secondary.  Let KC franchise him and then be stuck with a huge deal in addition to what they have to pay Jones.

Curious as to why you feel he wouldn’t be a difference maker for other teams? He has proven to be a top corner the last couple of years. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

Plus they just signed a punter that we recently used a draft pick for and will pay him about 5 times less than their current punter, and we know his leg is bigger than any in the league.  As much as people hate to see the Mcbeane bashers, we feel the same with the defenders, joking off every move that's bad for the Bills as "nothing to see here"

Yeah, it’s because most McBeane bashers say stupid ***** that isn’t a realistic or honest an assessment. The defenders do it too. Nobody wants to paint the full picture, they just want to paint their picture. 

Exhibit A: Referencing the draft pick spent on a Matt Araiza as a blunder. As if McBeane missed wildly and there weren’t outside legal implications that nobody inside of One Bills Drive could control.

They had zero ability to hold him on the roster as it would have been a massive distraction until things were sorted out and he wasn’t eligible for the Commissioner’s Exempt List. 

Here we are over a year later, things cleared up, and Kansas City took a chance. THEY’RE PLAYING CHESS! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

Curious as to why you feel he wouldn’t be a difference maker for other teams? He has proven to be a top corner the last couple of years. 

He has a great supporting cast at KC in a Spags controlled defense.  He could well be an effective corner on another team...but he may not be.  I wouldn't give up a lot of draft capital to find out.  I'd take a chance on KC either keeping him at a huge payday or letting him go.

24 minutes ago, boyst said:

Veach was Sirius at 2pm talking about their desire to sign him and Jones back for next year. 

They'd be foolish not to re-sign them both.  Just as Beane said he'd like to re-sign all of the Bill's free agents, it's not feasible.  In KC's case, it may be feasible but both Jones and Sneed will cost top dollar.

4 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

He has a great supporting cast at KC in a Spags controlled defense.  He could well be an effective corner on another team...but he may not be.  I wouldn't give up a lot of draft capital to find out.  I'd take a chance on KC either keeping him at a huge payday or letting him go.

Huh. You realized this is the first year Spags has a top defense for KC right? It’s because of them drafting and developing players like Snead. Spags system didn’t produce him. His ability (along with McDuffie’s) locking up opponents’ receivers is what enabled Spags pressure packages to work so effectively. 

I hope another team ponies up for his services. Because if he’s back with KC next season expect their defense to keep being one of the best. 

43 minutes ago, Success said:

KC worship & KC paranoia are getting pretty carried away on this board.

I get that they have been a nemesis in the playoffs, but some fans are getting way over the top.

I mean it’s not unwarranted right? They’ve been the most successful team the last 5-6 years. Winning 3 Championships while not being cap strapped. Drafting and developing players to turnover roster after roster without skipping a beat. That’s admirable. They’ve been better than everyone else at doing that. With a copy cat league like the NFL other teams will try to emulate as they should. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1