Dolphins to release CB Xavien Howard

Gregg

4 minutes ago, DJB said:

He’s washed so this opens up cap space.

Hopefully it means they sign Tua for 70 million a season for the next 10 years lol 

If football season only went from Sept to Oct, he would be worth it.

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I wonder if the Bills would do something like this with anyone

That's a crazy 2025 dead cap hit.  Wouldn't it make more sense to restructure or extend him?

Edited by Virgil

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

That's a crazy 2024 dead cap hit.  Wouldn't it make more sense to restructure or extend him?

They have to prepare to throw the bag at Tua. Need to eat that hit now in 24 and 25.

Edited by FireChans
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

no it’s not?  After June it’s a 7.4 mil hit.  They save around 19 million for the summer

I still think it's 2023.  I meant the 2025 cap hit 🤦‍♂️

22 minutes ago, FireChans said:

The brightest minds at Cover1 say it’s not possible lol.

Possible...but stupid.

I'll take it for the Phins 

15 minutes ago, Virgil said:

That's a crazy 2025 dead cap hit.  Wouldn't it make more sense to restructure or extend him?

I'm not going to object to the Dolphins shooting themselves in the foot 

11 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Exactly.  Cut the non-performing contracts and split it over the next 2 years.  This is a gift to McBeane.  Do not pay Miller another penny.  Same with Tre.  

I would wait on Von. If he gets his confidence back he can still be an impact player for us

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 7
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

The Dolphins are in a similar terrible cap situation like the Bills but don't even have a division title to show for it.

Lot of pressure in south beach to navigate a tough situation and finally break through the AFC East next year. And they might just finally be able to do it since the Bills are likely going to take a big step backward with their own salary cap mess to work through.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

The Dolphins are in a similar terrible cap situation like the Bills but don't even have a division title to show for it.

Lot of pressure in south beach to navigate a tough situation and finally break through the AFC East next year. And they might just finally be able to do it since the Bills are likely going to take a big step backward with their own salary cap mess to work through.

They are experiencing their own step back with worse coaching and a worse QB. Their shot was this year and they of course choked it away in December and January because that’s what the Dolphins do.

don’t hold your breath.

• Agree 2

15 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Keeping that Dolphins fan faith alive.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

Another year. Another Miami prediction lol.. love breaking their hearts in December 

• Agree 2

23 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

That, and the Bills don't need a Cornerback.

McD respectfully disagrees.  I'm a firm believer that McD joined the NFL committee just to petition fielding teams made up solely of DB's

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

So they have a worse cap situation than the Bills and a worse QB that they’re about to pay but they’re in a better position than the Bills for next year? They are cutting one of their better players, another one of their highest paid players will be about for. Good chunk of the year recovering from his injury, it’s possible they lose Wilkins…I don’t see how they are in a better position 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

McD respectfully disagrees.  I'm a firm believer that McD joined the NFL committee just to petition fielding teams made up solely of DB's

Ha ha

I'm hoping that we draft Mike Sainristil, but I'm not expecting a free agent signing.

Another player, usually a cornerback who is deemed to be the best in the league based on a handful of games or something and is soon cast aside as not worth his salary. The list is loooooong. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Hmmm…Tua more likely to navigate a tough cap roster out of the East, or Josh? Is this really that tough of a call? Josh eats supporting cast adversity for breakfast and 2nd breakfast…

5 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

You are truly the comedy gift that keeps on giving.

You’ve been predicting the Dolphins to overtake the Bills for years. One of these days you will be right. Just like the guy that predicts a stock market crass every year.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.