Gabe Davis: Puts out an Instagram Video…good watch and could be sign he’s leaving

Alphadawg7

11 hours ago, Process said:

Big fan of Gabe. Not his fault Beane put him in a position he had no business being in. Gabe Davis playing 90% of snaps is insanity. 

So long and wish you all the best. 

Really?

He's a PROFESSIONAL ATHLETE who was put in the position to make plays and catch balls!

4 hours ago, Magox said:

Lots of great, huge memorable moments. 

Unfortunately my lasting memory of Davis is all of the missed opportunities in big moments. That divisional game was one for the ages though. I'll certainly never forget that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Unfortunately my lasting memory of Davis is all of the missed opportunities in big moments. That divisional game was one for the ages though. I'll certainly never forget that.

Pretty much that’s it. We remember the Crazy game in Kc.. my mind blanks out everything inbetween.  This season Gabe and Allen just didn’t connect.

I do wish him well.

12 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

One of my favorite Bills ever.  

You either get it or you don’t.  Best type of ability is availability and he played, did the dirty work, and was on the receiving end of my favorite Jim Nantz calls of all time.  

That doesn’t mean I’m not disappointed in how 2023 played out because I am.  But I’m blaming the Dorsey scheme and subsequent difficulties of adjusting on the fly - oh and he may have been battling the ankle for a few years now.  

One of your favorite Bills players ever??!!  Seriously??  Gabe had some nice games over the years.  Seemed like a good guy.  And was a hard worker.  But certainly not an overall game changer on a consistent basis.  He isn't twitchy or sudden in his movements.  Has mediocre athleticism hands and speed.  But if you love him, good for you I suppose.  He looks and reminds me of Mike Evans.  A poor man's Mike Evans.  We certainly need more explosiveness at the WR position to compete for a Super Bowl.  Lets hope that happens this offseason.

12 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

One of my favorite Bills ever.  

You either get it or you don’t.  Best type of ability is availability and he played, did the dirty work, and was on the receiving end of my favorite Jim Nantz calls of all time.  

That doesn’t mean I’m not disappointed in how 2023 played out because I am.  But I’m blaming the Dorsey scheme and subsequent difficulties of adjusting on the fly - oh and he may have been battling the ankle for a few years now.  

LOVE Jim Nantz, and agree. He will be missed. 

I think next year with Gabe being gone, we will truly come to understand the greatness of Josh Allen. 

Unless Gabe ends up in KC or alike, his numbers will not match what he did here. He's best s a 3rd or 4th option. 

22 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

He already is.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTtY_bnZDShWXnObSneiu7

Looks like Diggs in the wrong uni from this year’s divisional round.  Next frame is the WR giving the thumb and forefinger for “this close” on the game-changing dime that slipped through his hands. 

Gabe’s a good dude. Hope he gets paid, just not by us. I’d give him 8 mil/yr to stay as a WR3 but he’d never take that, understandably.

We need a WR2 who can run all the routes and separate with enough potential to become WR1 when Diggs is done. I’m not a draft guru but I’d think we’d have to spend our first round pick or trade up in the 2nd to get a guy with that potential right out of the gate.

I think the handwriting has been on the wall for some time that Davis has played his last game in Buffalo, especially after the shouting match with fans in the playoff loss against the Chiefs.

He'll definitely get a bag from someone and even if he were to accept lessor money to chase a ring I can see that being with the Chiefs ironically, or the Bengals since both are obviously in better position to compete for that compared to the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, hondo in seattle said:

He looked like a breakout superstar at one point.  But after a while the drops, miscommunications, and inconsistency at creating separation drove me crazy.  

But he seems to be a good guy who plays hard, and I wish him the best.  

Crazy thing is....he's still only 24 

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

He already is.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTtY_bnZDShWXnObSneiu7

& yet that player made HUGE catches against us and SF 

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Eyeroll 1

Hes a late fourth round pick who had almost 3000 yards and 27 touchdowns in his time here. No reason not to wish him well and give him our respect. In the end he's just not a starting NFL wideout. 

Just now, Ben said:

Hes a late fourth round pick who had almost 3000 yards and 27 touchdowns in his time here. No reason not to wish him well and give him our respect. In the end he's just not a starting NFL wideout. 

Except, he has shown to be that...when healthy and utilized properly.   I hope he goes to the NFC

4 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Tell me you didn't watch the video without telling me you didn't watch the video.  

Ive been critical of him too, but your response here is way off base.

I confess I didn't watch the video. 

I'm a bad, bad poster. 😔

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Awwufelloff said:

He doesn’t do anything well, bye Gabe. 

His skills as an actual WR are debatable but he's an EXCELLENT blocker.  And apparently he is very good at reading blitzes and breaking them up. His absence there was noticably felt against KC.

5 hours ago, Logic said:

The weirdest thing to me is seeing, on the one hand, almost unanimous agreement among Bills fans that they want to upgrade from Gabe Davis, and on the other hand, a bunch of "just don't stay in the AFC!" and "anyone but the Chiefs!" comments.

Feeling that a player isn't good enough for you to want your team to re-sign him, but that he IS good enough that you don't want him to go to an AFC competitor and come back to haunt you, is kind of a weird spot to be in.

I think its just the fear in fans that once he moves on, Gabe Davis might learn how to catch a football

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I saw this on Gabe’s Instagram tonight, but then found someone who posted to Twitter too, so posting both links in case it’s easier for someone to watch one over the other.  

Kind of looks like he is putting this out to both highlight his time here and promote his accomplishments ahead of Free Agency.  Smart move.

Even though I’ve been in the camp to let him go and draft a WR this year, this was still a fun watch and he has brought some big moments and games to his time in Buffalo.  He makes a good case for himself at the end with the stats and rankings combined with the low targets compared to others.  

Overall this is a great piece for himself ahead of free agency and so enjoyed it and I wish him well.  

Link to video on Gabe’s actual account:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C3jSE3WMeRO/?igsh=ZDE1MWVjZGVmZQ==

Someone reposting it on Twitter:

Thanks OP. That is one hell of a highlight reel.  I would love to have him back, but someone is going to pay him to be a WR 1 and we can not afford to do that.  Hate to see him go.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Awwufelloff said:

He doesn’t do anything well, bye Gabe. 

He's good at finding soft spots in zone, putting vertical stress on a defense, blocking, sideline awareness, and making himself available when Josh extended the play going off script.  He's always had a drop issue and just doesn't separate quick enough in the short to intermediate routes when teams play man to man.  We need a WR2 who can do that consistently.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Billl said:

Gabe Davis:  24 years old.  750 yards, 7 TDs, 9.2 yards per target

Dalton Kincaid:  24 years old, 650 yards, 2 TDs, 7.4 yards per target

Different roles in the offense but there's some important distinctions between the two (besides one being an outside X WR and the other being a TE/big slot target).

Allen's passer rating when targeting Davis - 87.9.  Reception percentage when targeted at 57.7%.  Drop percentage at 8.2%. 

Allen's passer rating when targeting Kincaid - 96.2.  Reception percentage when targeted at 80.2%.  Drop percentage at 4.2%.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Billl said:

They're the same age?! Crazy. I would never have guessed that.  I would love to have Davis back, but I highly doubt we will be able to afford him.  Someone will pay him like a WR1. 

20 minutes ago, Billl said:

And 32 out of 32 NFL GM’s would take Kincaid over Davis if building a team from scratch.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Except, he has shown to be that...when healthy and utilized properly.   I hope he goes to the NFC

Why be worried about where he goes ?

I got nothing against the guy… I hope the next 4th round WR pick Beane makes  contributes as much … (it’s probably unreasonable to expect much more from a 4th round selection) and I hope he gets some dollars on this deal because he might not be making much the next contract ..

But he isn’t or never will be some elite guy…

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, Billl said:

4 year guy v rookie who never started playing the game until his HS senior year 

WR v TE…

If it makes you feel any better … Davis will be 25 in a month ..

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

4 year guy v rookie who never started playing the game until his HS senior year 

WR v TE…

If it makes you feel any better … Davis will be 25 in a month ..

Gabe Davis as a rookie:  21 years old, 600 yards, 7 TDs, 9.7 yards per target

49 minutes ago, Billl said:

Gabe Davis- 4 years in the league, WR

Dalton Kincaid- Rookie year, TE

Edited by Gunsgoodtime

38 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Different roles in the offense but there's some important distinctions between the two (besides one being an outside X WR and the other being a TE/big slot target).

Allen's passer rating when targeting Davis - 87.9.  Reception percentage when targeted at 57.7%.  Drop percentage at 8.2%. 

Allen's passer rating when targeting Kincaid - 96.2.  Reception percentage when targeted at 80.2%.  Drop percentage at 4.2%.

I'm not sure what Bill is trying to prove, but his mistake was posting that and thinking that people with eyes and vision could somehow read his post and not be able to watch the actual players on the football field.  A big swing and a miss.

12 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

So what point you trying to make ?

That Davis is a better prospect?

My point is that Davis gets dumped on here when he's been an incredible value to the team for four years.  He's not a game wrecker, but he's provided competent WR2 play for less than a million dollars a season.

If Kincaid has 2700 yards and 27 TDs in his first 4 seasons, Bills fans will be fitting him for a gold jacket.  Meanwhile, his average salary in one season is roughly what Davis earned on his entire rookie deal.  I guess I don't understand why everyone is so hostile towards a guy who never complained and vastly out-performed his contract and draft slot.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Billl said:

My point is that Davis gets dumped on here when he's been an incredible value to the team for four years.  He's not a game wrecker, but he's provided competent WR2 play for less than a million dollars a season.

If Kincaid has 2700 yards and 27 TDs in his first 4 seasons, Bills fans will be fitting him for a gold jacket.  Meanwhile, his average salary in one season is roughly what Davis earned on his entire rookie deal.  I guess I don't understand why everyone is so hostile towards a guy who never complained and vastly out-performed his contract and draft slot.

You seem to have  been down on Kincaid since he got here .. I remember you telling us mid season when Knox got injured that there was no chance that Kincaid would be able to step into the position and be as productive …

Davis is out the door … even if he was better than what he is, the reality is that given their cap situation and handcuffs  to Diggs and Miller  ..they can’t keep him…Im sorry we aren’t as sentimental about his past performances like your colleagues on Chiefs Planet no doubt would be in similar circumstances about one of their players moving on..

As I alluded to above … Davis has definitely out performed a 4th round level position though… not that we have a lot of experience there because Beane normally can’t trade these quick enough to move up two spots  

1 hour ago, Billl said:

Tyreek Hill with Tua throwing him the ball (per season): 119 receptions, 1,754 yards, 10 TDs

Tyreek Hill with Mahomes throwing him the ball (per season): 86 receptions, 1,213 yards, 11 TDs

Edited by HappyDays
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

You seem to have  been down on Kincaid since he got here .. I remember you telling us mid season when Knox got injured that there was no chance that Kincaid would be able to step into the position and be as productive

Your memory is so good you even remember things that never happened, then.  Kincaid is a solid player.  I've never said otherwise.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.