Gabe Davis: Puts out an Instagram Video…good watch and could be sign he’s leaving

Alphadawg7

I saw this on Gabe’s Instagram tonight, but then found someone who posted to Twitter too, so posting both links in case it’s easier for someone to watch one over the other.  

Kind of looks like he is putting this out to both highlight his time here and promote his accomplishments ahead of Free Agency.  Smart move.

Even though I’ve been in the camp to let him go and draft a WR this year, this was still a fun watch and he has brought some big moments and games to his time in Buffalo.  He makes a good case for himself at the end with the stats and rankings combined with the low targets compared to others.  

Overall this is a great piece for himself ahead of free agency and so enjoyed it and I wish him well.  

Link to video on Gabe’s actual account:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C3jSE3WMeRO/?igsh=ZDE1MWVjZGVmZQ==

Someone reposting it on Twitter:

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

• Alphadawg7 changed the title to Gabe Davis: Puts out an Instagram Video…good watch and could be sign he’s leaving

Mixed feelings. I really want to love Gabe Davis. He’s so frustrating. His ankles get banged up every season early and he isn’t the same player the rest of the year.

Fantastic blocker and work ethic. Has obviously made huge plays.

For whatever reason(s) him and Josh have gone backwards with chemistry.  The connection is gone. Minnesota OT game, Jets game late, Eagles OT game, etc. There’s always a miscommunication between them.

He’s had a handful of games with 0 receptions.  He’s dropped a few critical balls in the past few seasons.  The ball is turned over wayyy too much when he is targeted.

I think it’s a combination of him not being utilized properly by the staff and his game

I am NOT looking forward to him going to KC and putting up 1300 and 13 TDs. Because I could totally see it happening. A fresh start for him and chemistry with Mahomes would be a nightmare

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 9
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I think the much maligned Gabe Davis would’ve caught one of the two long passes Sherfield dropped. Maybe not the one where his arm was being held, but certainly the second where he got two hands on it. Good luck with your next team, Grape!

• Like (+1) 3

If he really is leaving, I wish him the best & will pull for him to succeed. 

He has given all of us some really exciting moments, and certainly one of the most memorable playoffs games we have seen not just from a Bills receiver, but from ANY receiver.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Super interested to see what he'll get in the open market.  Good blocker and vertical field stretcher that pairs best with a QB who can extend plays.  A low end WR2 at best though.  I wish him luck and let's hope he qualifies for a comp pick.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

One of my favorite Bills ever.  

You either get it or you don’t.  Best type of ability is availability and he played, did the dirty work, and was on the receiving end of my favorite Jim Nantz calls of all time.  

That doesn’t mean I’m not disappointed in how 2023 played out because I am.  But I’m blaming the Dorsey scheme and subsequent difficulties of adjusting on the fly - oh and he may have been battling the ankle for a few years now.  

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Super interested to see what he'll get in the open market.  Good blocker and vertical field stretcher that pairs best with a QB who can extend plays.  A low end WR2 at best though.  I wish him luck and let's hope he qualifies for a comp pick.

I’d be surprised if he gets less than $12M/year, when guys like Christian Kirk get paid and even someone like Harty gets $6M/year.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

I’d be surprised if he gets less than $12M/year, when guys like Christian Kirk get paid and even someone like Harty gets $6M/year.

I think 12 to 15 million is likely.

1 hour ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

How much did Zay Jones get from the Jaguars?

Wow. This gave me a lot of emotions. It's easy to forget with all the crazy stuff that has happened just how much success the Bills have had, how many good times.

I moved to Germany in 2019, just in time for this run, and the Bills have been giving me so much life and connection to home since that year.

Gabe Davis has been such a huge part of their success. This wasn't his best season; but he has been a great player and a clutch player for us.

Gabe, I wish you well whether you come back to the Bills or go elsewhere. You deserve all of this and I am happy you will set up your family for life.

THANK YOU.

PS just one thing, please don't go to KC.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.