Hester to the HOF

boyst

Hester belongs nowhere near the HOF unless he buys a ticket.

I also couldn't believe McMichael made it. I'm in the Chicago area & saw his whole career. I loved the guy as a player, but I never would've said he's a HOFer. I'd argue that Kyle Williams was a better DT, & he won't get a sniff from the voters.

This is like when Harold Baines made the baseball HOF, it opens the door for a bunch of "pretty good" HOFers in the coming years.

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, 947 said:

I also couldn't believe McMichael made it. I'm in the Chicago area & saw his whole career. I loved the guy as a player, but I never would've said he's a HOFer. I'd argue that Kyle Williams was a better DT, & he won't get a sniff from the voters.

This is like when Harold Baines made the baseball HOF, it opens the door for a bunch of "pretty good" HOFers in the coming years.

McMichael is a two sport athlete and member of the 4 horsemen 

1 hour ago, 947 said:

All of this hate for Hester is so bizarre... unwarranted IMHO

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

40 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

He was the most dominant return man ever……litterly won them the game against the Cardinals with punt returns.

Hester was amazing. There was a 2 year period where literally every time they kicked to him you thought he was going to score.

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

What's more impressive is a former WCW and 4 horseman got inducted. 

Yeah, it was Mongo, Flair, Arn, and, who was that other guy? Oh.... yeah. Awkward. 

Needless to say - no one's going to be replaying anything of Mongo with the rest of the Horsemen on WWE TV programming or released on home video, through no fault of his own. Shame.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

8 hours ago, streetkings01 said:

He was the most dominant return man ever……litterly won them the game against the Cardinals with punt returns.

Does that mean Desmond Howard the only super bowl MVP kick returner should have made it too?  Could be their coverage was so good or he was a real talent but HOF for a couple of special years seems slightly overexaggerated

1 hour ago, Billzgobowlin said:

Does that mean Desmond Howard the only super bowl MVP kick returner should have made it too?  Could be their coverage was so good or he was a real talent but HOF for a couple of special years seems slightly overexaggerated

He set the NFL record for touchdown returns……won games for the Bears just returning kicks…..he deserves to be in the HOF! Congrats Hester…..people can debate it all they want but what’s done is done!

1 minute ago, streetkings01 said:

He set the NFL record for touchdown returns……won games for the Bears just returning kicks…..he deserves to be in the HOF! Congrats Hester…..people can debate it all they want but what’s done is done!

20 total return touchdowns 😳

• Vomit 1

I'm in the camp that feels special teams is grossly neglected in the HOF, so I've got no problem with Hester getting in. Best return man of all time, if you can't make room for him but can find room for the 30th best receiver or running back that just doesn't make sense to me.

But it flies right in the face of them overlooking Tasker, who didn't have all the flashy touchdowns but was a game changer regardless. Shame.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Yeah, it was Mongo, Flair, Arn, and, who was that other guy? Oh.... yeah. Awkward. 

Needless to say - no one's going to be replaying anything of Mongo with the rest of the Horsemen on WWE TV programming or released on home video, through no fault of his own. Shame.

Arn and Ole Anderson? The Minnesota Wrecking Crew??  

11 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

The king….Harley Race was the Og horseman with those guys

6 hours ago, streetkings01 said:

20 total return touchdowns 😳

Disagree.  Not because of the talent but because there are definitely players that deserved it much more than him.  He was dominant for a couple years but hall of fame is longevity

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.