Super Bowl LVIII game thread.

TBBills Fan

If there's any consolation, the Pats can no longer say they were the last team to win back-to-back titles.  I think those who believe the Chiefs are more annoying suffer from recency bias.  Pats' run still bothers me more.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

How is that the takeaway? The Chiefs defense won them this game.

Thank you.

I agree with the sentiment that we need to focus on getting Josh help. Finding young starters on Day 2 and inexpensive FA's on Defense instead of expensive FA's and 1st Round Picks.

But people are going overboard with the hyperactive ignoring of the Defense entirely with their all WR mocks and trades that involve starting players who have no business starting, with no depth behind it.

We can do both. Focus on Offense and also not put out the kind of Defense we had when we were playing KC, or worse.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

1 minute ago, Yobogoya! said:

It would force the 9ners to play all four downs, yes. But I just doubt they can do that AND stop KC from scoring the winning field goal after. 

Who knows if there would even be a winning field goal after? If I’m San Fran, I go for 2 in that situation.

Zero chance I give Mahomes the ball back.

Just now, Patrick Fitzryan said:

Awful coaching, tons of missed opportunities, heartbreaking loss...it had all the hallmarks

Almost as if they appear to everyone when playing the Chiefs.  

Enough loser talk.  We’re better then them if at 90 percent health.   

• Like (+1) 1

We can complain all we want but KC makes plays when they need to while Buffalo has squandered multiple playoff chances the past few years or they’d be exactly where KC is. 

KC rarely makes bad coaching decisions and they play great  situational football. I’m always amazed how Mahomes is throwing to wide open receivers compared to Josh. This is where I want Brady to raise the bar this offseason. 

• Agree 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

It’s just infuriating knowing that it’s just this one bleepin’ team that is stopping the Bills from winning multiple Super Bowls. Every year we lose to them, we’re clearly the 2nd best team in the league. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Georgia Bill said:

There's a difference.  Yes Mahomes might be something akin to the new Brady, but we have a QB of equal caliber now too.  It's not like we're in hopeless land like we were all those years against the Pats.

Hopeless land then was about making the playoffs as we stared down 0-2 every year and needed to basically go 10-4 to make the playoffs.

Now the hopelessness is that we have fun seasons and tank in the playoffs to better teams.

The futility just shifted from missing the playoffs to losing in the playoffs.

Just now, Einstein said:

Who knows if there would even be a winning field goal after? If I’m San Fran, I go for 2 in that situation.

Zero chance I give Mahomes the ball back.

I know, I looked into all outcomes in the multiverse. I can assure you it wouldn’t have mattered 😝

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.