Kansas City at Buffalo in the Divisional Round!

chongli

14 minutes ago, eball said:

Let's address the drops issue.  KC receivers had 44 drops this year, which did lead the league.  But the Bills had 30.  So that's less than one more drop per game for Mahomes than for Allen.

Not sure I'd say Mahomes would have a "lot" more TDs with that one extra reception per game...

Well, off the top of my head, I can remember about a half dozen dropped TDs and several TDs called back due to penalties. 

That's a number I'd be curious to know...how many TDs have been called back for other top teams. I think there's been at least a dozen for KC within the last two years. The narrative that KC gets all the calls is ludicrous. They've been one of the most penalized teams in the league. 

Edited by SaulGoodman
  • Dislike 1

8 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Diggs foot injury looks super serious. 

For all I know, wearing your shirt backwards is another inexplicable football player meme, like putting eye black under only one eye.  

1 hour ago, Dick_Cheney said:

Apple News just sent out a notification for an article about Hochuli being the ref for this game and the "conspiracy" that he has it out for the Bills.

Honestly probably a good thing it's getting so much attention. One can only hope that Hochuli realizes he's going to be under the microscope for this game.

Why would he care if he is under a microscope?  There is no accountability for refs.  The owners, players, coaches, staff aren't even allowed to say anything bad about them.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, SaulGoodman said:

Allen obviously killed him when it comes to rushing TDs, but Mahomes' underwhelming passing numbers are mostly due to the performance of the receivers. His receivers led the league in drops by a mile. Even Kelce hasn't been sure-handed this year. He'd have a lot more TDs and at least two fewer INTs if his receivers had been able to catch balls that hit them squarely in their hands. 

While this may be true, Mahomes has made plenty of mistakes of his own.  Allen also gets a lot of ball drops and has a few ints of his own that aren't his fault.

Well, off the top of my head, I can remember about a half dozen dropped TDs and several TDs called back due to penalties. 

That's a number I'd be curious to know...how many TDs have been called back for other top teams. I think there's been at least a dozen for KC within the last two years. The narrative that KC gets all the calls is ludicrous. They've been one of the most penalized teams in the league. 

I can't recall all that many TD called back this year but in years past there were a bunch.  I remember one drive where Allen threw a TD pass and it was called back 3 straight times.  The camera caught Allen saying "how many F times I gotta score."

• Like (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, Returntoglory said:

GET.TO.MAHOMES!

FB_IMG_1705538204440.jpg

Damn.  What did they put in Von Millers peanut butter sammich this week?

25 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

I wonder if the players union can. 

I'm not sure but I know everyone else can be fined money, draft picks, whatever. The NFL does not allow ref criticism.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, zow2 said:

A few of the Bills have gone out there to implore the crowd to be as crazy and loud as possible.  They've made reference to how tough it was during previous playoff games in Arrowhead to hear the snap counts and audibles.  So I think they're trying to get the fans riled up.  The home noise is obviously a really big deal. I haven't heard any slander towards the Chiefs.  Mostly, that they are the champs until someone beats them....blah blah blah

That's what Michael Irvin said this morning.  He picked the Bills in a close game, but he said it's Armageddon in Buffalo....and if the Bills can't beat this version of Kansas City, they need to tear it all down and try something else.

Sometimes I wish they’d be more direct about it because it seems like the fans wait too long to get loud. 

“We need to make it tough on Mahomes and company from pre-huddle to post snap. Missing the play call matters as much as protections, snap count, and audibles.

And if my boy Josh is on the field, let’s try and hear a pin drop in here”.

For such a great fan base sometimes I find us weirdly loud on offense. Manning had that Indy crowd trained well. Quietest stadium ever when they had the ball.

3 hours ago, Bleed Bills Blue said:

GoBills!2.thumb.jpg.424925a438acff2a60de2bed9a6dd7fb.jpg

Christ, more blood on @boyst hands. We got a real OJ Simpson here on the boards.

• Haha (+1) 1

Allen obviously killed him when it comes to rushing TDs, but Mahomes' underwhelming passing numbers are mostly due to the performance of the receivers. His receivers led the league in drops by a mile. Even Kelce hasn't been sure-handed this year. He'd have a lot more TDs and at least two fewer INTs if his receivers had been able to catch balls that hit them squarely in their hands. 

One of these years they're gonna pair Mahomes with a Randy Moss type of WR and legit 2 & 3 weapons similar to that 07 Pats offense, and he's gonna cook the entire league. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, stlbills13 said:

The fact that the Peacock game last week was a big success by the numbers gives a lot of fuel to the "Get Taylor to the Super Bowl" conspiracy. We will see what happens. The NFL is embracing her presence and we will see how important that is this weekend. 

It was a success in that 21M people watched the game. But it was the best matchup of the weekend, at least on paper. It was the primetime game and was by far the lowest viewed game. 

I was shocked how many people didn’t actually subscribe for it. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Dick_Cheney said:

I feel like more people would tune in to watch the Bills try to finally win a Super Bowl than the people who would tune in for maybe 30 total seconds of Taylor Swift sitting in a box. But I'm probably underestimating the severity of the mental illness that Taylor Swift fanatics have.

Swifties and Goose fans seem super similar. Like you’re not allowed to just be like “yeah, this is pretty good, but I like Umphreys McGee better”.

It is always met with like “How dare you like Lady Gaga more. Swift is the greatest thing to happen to the planet since Jesus Christ”.

Or….

”How can you like that drivel. I wish the band would break up and never play again”.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Mango said:

For such a great fan base sometimes I find us weirdly loud on offense. Manning had that Indy crowd trained well. Quietest stadium ever when they had the ball.

To be fair, Indy is known for piping in their crowd noise.  All they have to do is dial it down on the sound board.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, appoo said:

One of these years they're gonna pair Mahomes with a Randy Moss type of WR and legit 2 & 3 weapons similar to that 07 Pats offense, and he's gonna cook the entire league. 

That’s pretty tough to do when parity has been kicking your a** for years haha they took a calculated risk with the tyreek trade counting on having the resources to replace him and idk that they’ve done that.  I think theyre in the late stage NE skill position players drying up because of poor drafting hell lol couple bad choices of veterans and a couple draft picks that have yet to pan out 

they’re winning with defense now and have to throw a ton of money at Chris jones to continue doing so and even he is gonna start to decline if they lock him up long term. 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

That’s pretty tough to do when parity has been kicking your a** for years haha they took a calculated risk with the tyreek trade counting on having the resources to replace him and idk that they’ve done that.  I think theyre in the late stage NE skill position players drying up because of poor drafting hell lol couple bad choices of veterans and a couple draft picks that have yet to pan out 

they’re winning with defense now and have to throw a ton of money at Chris jones to continue doing so and even he is gonna start to decline if they lock him up long term. 

The Bills fan in me loves this, the Football fan in me hates this. 

Solution - time to bring Marvin Harrison Jr to Buffalo. 

3 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Sneed has been Limited all week. So that may help a bit 

Huchuli means Sneed and McDuffie are gonna be able to freely murder the Bills WRs all game

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.