Wildcard round - Steelers Bills post game thread

BuffaloBill

8 minutes ago, chongli said:

I see a fine coming:

He's deluded. Firstly it was a 14 point game. Secondly, I suppose he's overlooking the penalties which should have been given against the Steelers and weren't?

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Success said:

How sad for him that he didn't get the one borderline call when the game was already decided.

Sour grapes and poor sportsmanship. Today’s athletes lack class when they lose and some when they win. Think Mahomes when the Tomeygate incident. Doesn’t help that his language speaking skills lack and looks like a thug. 

• Like (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Still don’t understand people saying this. Unless I’m wrong about the wind a 49 yard kick is pretty close to a chip shot in today’s NFL. If you can trust your kicker to hit that you need a new kicker.

And at worst you think it's just going to be a miss, how many FGs get blocked AND go 30 yds in the opposite direction 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, fergie's ire said:

There was a game recently...maybe in the college football playoffs where this happened.  A kickoff rolled to a complete stop about the five yard line and about 2 yards in bound.  The returner laid down on his stomach with his feet out of bounds and touched the ball.  It was therefore an illegal kick out of bounds and they got the ball out at the 40.  Found a link to this example by the Packers a few years back.  https://www.sbnation.com/2016/9/25/13049606/packers-kick-return-ty-montgomery-randall-cobb

It was the Steelers last week:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/look-steelers-kick-returner-makes-one-of-the-smartest-special-teams-plays-youll-ever-see/

1 minute ago, fergie's ire said:

There was a game recently...maybe in the college football playoffs where this happened.  A kickoff rolled to a complete stop about the five yard line and about 2 yards in bound.  The returner laid down on his stomach with his feet out of bounds and touched the ball.  It was therefore an illegal kick out of bounds and they got the ball out at the 40.  Found a link to this example by the Packers a few years back.  https://www.sbnation.com/2016/9/25/13049606/packers-kick-return-ty-montgomery-randall-cobb

Tasker did this a couple times 30-whatefer years ago too. Step one foot out of bounds and catch the kickoff - straight to the 40. :thumbsup:

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Does anyone truly understand why the Spector recovery did not count?   

It’s not that complicated. 😂 

The only question is whether it hit the TEs helmet or not.

Edited by vincec

3 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

I guess they think the ball glanced off Friermeuth's helmet. He was out of bounds when that would have happened. Dead ball. All I can guess.

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Still don’t understand people saying this. Unless I’m wrong about the wind a 49 yard kick is pretty close to a chip shot in today’s NFL. If you can trust your kicker to hit that you need a new kicker.

You were told a number of times, during warmups neither kicker could make it from that distance in that direction. it was against the wind, the try at that point was a foolish wrong decision, that resulted in giving the opponent 7 pts and injuring our punter.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I guess they think the ball glanced off Friermeuth's helmet. He was out of bounds when that would have happened. Dead ball. All I can guess.

One of those calls where if they ruled it a fumble it probably would of stayed a fumble 

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

Sour grapes and poor sportsmanship. Today’s athletes lack class when they lose and some when they win. Think Mahomes when the Tomeygate incident. Doesn’t help that his language speaking skills lack and looks like a thug. 

The same guy who says he doesn’t want to get hurt by blocking. He’s an unreal WR and had a spectacular catch today. But he’s incapable of having any accountability. This is part of the problem with Tomlin at this point. Grow up.. the world is hard you’re not a victim. Late calls went Bills way, couple early calls went against the Bills. 

22 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Cam beat out Siran Neal for the spot.  I have to agree with that.

A few years ago Taron was really struggling at NCB so they put Cam in and he promptly got hurt.  Was always our backup nickel CB before taking snaps at S.  

Edited by freddyjj
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

This is exactly it. The ref didn't really give clarity, but that's 100% it.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

You were told a number of times, during warmups neither kicker could make it from that distance in that direction. it was against the wind, the try at that point was a foolish wrong decision, that resulted in giving the opponent 7 pts and injuring our punter.

Yikes 49 is weather is certainly not a chip shot. 3rd down would have liked to see a run and either kick a more manageable FG. Or go for it on 4th and 3 or so. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

That is what they said but I never saw that. 

Agree. I didn’t clearly see that myself, but you had to see it clearly miss to reverse it and I didn’t see that either.

Edited by vincec

Just now, QLBillsFan said:

The same guy who says he doesn’t want to get hurt by blocking. He’s an unreal WR and had a spectacular catch today. But he’s incapable of having any accountability. This is part of the problem with Tomlin at this point. Grow up.. the world is hard you’re not a victim. Late calls went Bills way, couple early calls went against the Bills. 

Yessir. But it’s not just Pickens. It’s the new generation in general. 
On Joshs post game on field interview he made 2 comments that stood out. He mentions AJ Klein being a contributor and saying shakirs play was the bigger one. He takes all the blame when he shouldn’t and gives all the credit when he shouldn’t. That’s not something that all players do. WRs like Pickens make me sick. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, vincec said:

They thought the ball grazed the TEs helmet while he was out-of-bounds. Therefore, it’s OOB.

Thats what nantz said, but not the officials.  There was also an angle (that i think they only showed once on the broadcast) that seemed to show pretty clearly it didn't hit the helmet.

The thing that bugs me the most is they need to change the rules to just eliminate the stupid official from the review.  If the clown got it wrong on the field why is he even in the equation for the review.  Just go to an eye in the sky - 99% of the time people sitting on a couch can tell clearly from replays - just look at the replays and make the call - no need to have the idiot official who got it wrong standing there looking at a tiny little screen for 10 mins

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, vincec said:

This is false. The rule you are referring to is for receivers. Once the player has caught the ball he is no longer a receiver.

NFL Rule 8-1-8-b

thanks.

for some reason I thought that was a rule at all times.

17 minutes ago, Thrivefourfive said:

Remember on the first blown call.. we get back from commercial greedland and Romo is explaining why it’s a fumble. But that wasn’t the call! The call was an incomplete pass. So if you’re explaining that IT’S DEFINITELY A FUMBLE, then it’s definitely a completed pass. 

I won’t say the refs were awful. I’m glad they didn’t go crazy with the whistle. But those too reviewed calls were so terrible. Always side on keeping the play alive, then allow for reviews. The refs did the complete opposite in both instances. And that’s little league stuff. 

Fo add on, I’m in favor of unlimited challenges as long as you get it right. Sure, limit it to 2 lost challenges, but if a coach throws 10 flags and wins them all that’s on the officials/NFL, not the coach.

16 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Because the refs on the field blew the call and NY didn't have the stones to overturn the obvious error 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

Yikes 49 is weather is certainly not a chip shot. 3rd down would have liked to see a run and either kick a more manageable FG. Or go for it on 4th and 3 or so. 

But 27 yards is a chip shot 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.