1/15/24 Super WildCard Playoff GAMEDAY Bills vs Steelers Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

10 minutes ago, Slippery Rubber Mats said:

looks like fournette is dressing

edit he's got a game day locker on the latest bills facebook post

How is that possible if they didn't call him up from the PS?  Would they have to IR someone and elevate him to the 53?  Would have thought the deadline to do/announce that has passed?

20 minutes ago, Dick_Cheney said:

They should have offered more than 20 bucks an hour lol.

I would imagine the Bills have a ton of office personnel… should be all hands on deck to clear snow. For all I know, however, they are there helping.

Maybe they are there and just not publicized. Seems like they are just counting on fans.

1 minute ago, Slippery Rubber Mats said:

Here's the Fournette pic:

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=916613166491702&set=pcb.916615926491426

EDIT it must be old Davis has a locker. IDK why they used that pic

this is from 18 hours ago, and seemed sort of definite that he wouldn’t be elevated.

https://www.wpxi.com/news/local/bills-lose-bruising-running-back-steelers-game/NEUJH2YEKBDPFPG6YSIDAK7HL4/?outputType=amp

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

this is from 18 hours ago, and seemed sort of definite that he wouldn’t be elevated.

https://www.wpxi.com/news/local/bills-lose-bruising-running-back-steelers-game/NEUJH2YEKBDPFPG6YSIDAK7HL4/?outputType=amp

Yep, I agree. They posted a pic 45 minutes ago with his gameday locker, but Gabe has a locker too, so I think it's old

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Beast said:

I’m more concerned about the team’s preparation if they get by today.

Just have them set up the field house with 3 hots and a cot and they can stay there all week.

All jokes aside, I'm sure they have had enough recent film study on KC to be ready for the mental reps.  Just putting in the game plan would probably be more of an issue with on field work.

Man I am excited and nervous.  

It feels really weird having a game today on top of everything else.

I had to break out my Autumn Thunder Box Set and enjoy the sounds of the old NFL

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Slippery Rubber Mats said:

Yep, I agree. They posted a pic 45 minutes ago with his gameday locker, but Gabe has a locker too, so I think it's old

Gabe’s locker is missing a helmet and cleats and shoulder pads with a jersey. I think it’s legit for fournette

• Like (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Fans will just have to stand in it and crunch the snow down a bit.  That's all you can do.  Physically impossible to clear that much snow off rows and seats in 24 hours especially with no melting involved. It's Cold!

Yup, especially with there being a travel ban that was only lifted at 9am this morning for most places(1 pm for LackaVegas/Windmillwanna)

Edited by Big Turk

9 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

It's the contractor hiring and paying not the Bills. This seems to be very hard to understand for a lot of people for some reason.

Sure, but if the Bills wanted to pay people more, they could easily make it happen. I get wanting to get by as affordable as possible, but at this point it looks like it won’t be good enough for gametime. 

Things like this make me wish that we had ownership and management that was truly willing to pull out all the stops to make everything regarding this team and the experience for the fans as good as it possibly can be. Terry is a decent owner but it’s obvious at this point that he’s willing to cut corners. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, Dick_Cheney said:

Sure, but if the Bills wanted to pay people more, they could easily make it happen. I get wanting to get by as affordable as possible, but at this point it looks like it won’t be good enough for gametime. 

Things like this make me wish that we had ownership and management that was truly willing to pull out all the stops to make everything regarding this team and the experience for the fans as good as it possibly can be. Terry is a decent owner but it’s obvious at this point that he’s willing to cut corners. 

Not sure if it's true, but I read that it's not the Bills paying, it's the local government/ county.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.