Game Thread: Los Angeles Rams at Detroit 8:15 PM ET NBC

chongli

2 minutes ago, gflande1 said:

I don’t know what roughing the passer looks like anymore 

That’s ok, neither do the refs

Would be nicely symmetrical if Wentz, having had his Championship season rescued by Nick Foles, would come in and rescue the Rams.  Not sure he has it in him.

2 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

??

I don’t think KC getting premier TV slots has to do with having “all of the Midwest” (which I’m not sure is true anyway - bit to the S it’s Cowboys, bit to the NE would prefer Bears, bit to the N it’s Vikes.  

KC is “prime time” because teams tend to pick up fans when they win championships and have an admired star player.  The Patriots picked up fans all over when they were winning Superbowls with Tom Brady and he was the league’s darling.  Pat Mahomes has assumed that mantle with 3 Super Bowl appearances and 2 rings, all the ads and attention.  Very popular.  

We may not like it, but it “is what it is” until attention turns elsewhere

The point I was trying to make was that the market they have isn't small, where they're located gives them a large number of States in the Midwest.

1 minute ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Yeah he got rocked on the sideline. Came up slow. Looked like his back. Of course Tirico missed it. He's the absolute worst.

I have the home radio broadcast going over the game. It's great.

3 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

The 3rd guy literally cleated him while he was down. 

That non call was an embarrassment for the league and their CTE issue, the last 2 guys were so late it was ridiculous.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

The point I was trying to make was that the market they have isn't small, where they're located gives them a large number of States in the Midwest.

But TV market doesn’t depend on states, it depends on people.  The point I was trying to make is that a lot of KC’s market isn’t in the Midwest states, a lot of which don’t have high populations.  Since they’re winning, a lot f audience around the country outside “flyover country” wants to see the Chiefs.

1 minute ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Yeah he got rocked on the sideline. Came up slow. Looked like his back. Of course Tirico missed it. He's the absolute worst.

Yeah I said the same thing. 

He stayed down after that shot for a few seconds and they didn’t mention it at all.

But it was awkward, got folded like a chair. 

8 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

If he is allowed back then they should just stop even talking about a concussion protocol. It's a joke. 

Hard to tell if he was knocked out, in shock from the shoulder/arm injury, or both.

I broke my collarbone once and went into shock like that from the pain then passed out. 

Edited by Governor

2 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

nfl is a joke. What a dog and pony show nfl refs did just there for visibility about “caring”

1 minute ago, Trev said:

NFL doesn’t care about injuries. Just come out and say it. It’s all a farce to minimize liability. 

Billionaires don't get to be billionaires by giving a crap about the help.

Just now, SirAndrew said:

I’d like to know where they find this “medical expert” to analyze head injuries. 

Holiday Inn Express

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.