Browns @ Texans Game Thread 4:30pm

Process

1 minute ago, Albany,n.y. said:

It depends on whether Young busts or turns things around.  If he busts, combined with Stroud being the franchise in Houston, the trade will have set Carolina back much further than  Watson set Cleveland back.  

Sorry, gonna have to disagree with you on that. Watson has ruined their future both in terms of the draft and their cap.

• Like (+1) 1

Clock struck Twelve on Flaco today. He made some nice throws but the INTs and zero escapability were the epitaph for his season (and maybe his career). Stroud looked really impressive and Singletary was solid . Still I'm shocked that Texans were able to make Jim Schwartz look silly.

16 minutes ago, Rubes said:

Sorry, gonna have to disagree with you on that. Watson has ruined their future both in terms of the draft and their cap.

He hasn't ruined them that bad, they won 11 games in year 2 of the trade and should be even better next year with Watson back.  Meanwhile, Carolina is in big trouble if Bryce Young has to be replaced.  They might be in last place in the NFC south for years.  

1 hour ago, Carmel Corn said:

If KC and Buffalo play, I hope every fan in Buffalo throws a snowball at Taylor Swift.

She'll be in an indoor box that has a glass front.  What are you looking to do, dirty up the window with snow?  

I actually feel like Houston, if they do have to go play at Baltimore, could give the Ravens a game and possibly beat them.  Lamar will have had a couple of weeks off and possibly be rusty.  The Texans' defense is no slouch, either. We just need to take care of our business on Monday and watch the Fish get frozen tonight.

• Agree 1

Flacco with 10 INT in 6 games! LOL

Can't wait for Cleveland AM radio on Monday!!!

Funny thing is if the sex predator hadn't been hurt they would not have won 6 games.  Now Stefanski probably wins coach of the year and gets an extension.  Though maybe this terrible loss will give them pause. The GM Berry that orchestrated the worst trade in NFL history was also expected to get an extension.  Now maybe they fire him too.

Should be fun to watch....

7 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Lamar averaged more ypa than Allen this year. It’s the first year he doesn’t have garbage WRs.

agree he has a lot to prove in the playoffs but he has way better talent around him than he has ever had. 

I don’t consider a geezer Odel & gimpy Andrews to be better. And for my $ Shakir > Zaaaaaayyyyy. 

7 hours ago, Big Turk said:

That was embarrassing for the Browns.

Texans likely get annihilated by Ravens next week by if rhey find a way to win that could bode well...

Will be a very entertaining game!! Hope it's not on Peacock 😎

4 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

She's not making the trek to Western New York let's be real

Why not? We still have Applebee's 😎

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

No you didn't. Other than Kyle Pitts he is the only tight end I have ever had a first round grade on. The only thing holding Njoku back has been staying healthy. He is a beast.

May have been someone else. Muh bad 

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

No you didn't. Other than Kyle Pitts he is the only tight end I have ever had a first round grade on. The only thing holding Njoku back has been staying healthy. He is a beast.

Njoku still drops passes. Much better than he used to be.  He also used to be a terrible blocker, but he is actually a very good blocker now.  He really improved over the last year or 2.

5 minutes ago, Strethor said:

This game made me realize no way in hell was Cleveland beating Balt

I don’t think you can conclude that. Interdivisional games are different. 

53 minutes ago, mannc said:

I don’t think you can conclude that. Interdivisional games are different. 

You have a point, however these teams played each other 3 weeks ago. I think inexperience will catch up 

Just dawned on me. Stroud’s performance was better than Jordan Love’s against the Cowgirls.

The only thing Stroud had going for him was home field. Yet here on GMF you’d think Love is the only quarterback who played this weekend. Love was great, but Stroud just became the youngest QB playoff winner,, against the NFL’s so called best defense,, with a rookie head coach, losing his best WR, having nowhere near an Aaron Jones, and leading a franchise coming off an all timer type bad season. 

Love is already like 38 years old, so I’d take Stroud in a heartbeat. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.