Game Postponed! - To be played Monday at 4:30pm

phypon

5 minutes ago, Jukester said:

A dome would have, but same exact stadium in a northern suburb instead of the snow belt?  Why would it be an extra 500 mil??

To match the facilities that are in place in Orchard Park. There's a lot that went into those.

3 minutes ago, mannc said:

Regardless of whether it’s snowing at 4:30 tomorrow, snow is still piling up and it’s not going to melt by tomorrow afternoon.  It was idiotic not to just move the game.

No.  No, no, no.  You play an entire season to get home field.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, chongli said:

Steelers are boarding their plane; Governor to give update at 2:45 PM:

https://www.governor.ny.gov/

On-time take off:

IMG_0417.png?ex=65b6ac02&is=65a43702&hm=

FlightAware is not showing that they've taken off yet.... that flight also has a weird upcoming schedule that includes a trip to Atlanta later tonight.  That could just be Delta shuffling its planes since their hub is in ATL, or it could be a placeholder in case tomorrow's game is actually moved.

Edited by BRH
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Draconator said:

To match the facilities that are in place in Orchard Park. There's a lot that went into those.

No reason the stadium and the practice facility can't be in different places.  It's just across town. Tons of teams have that setup.  Washington, Baltimore, and Cleveland immediately come to mind

• Agree 1

Just now, That's No Moon said:

No reason the stadium and the practice facility can't be in different places.  It's just across town. Tons of teams have that setup.  Washington, Baltimore, and Cleveland immediately come to mind

Ok, using that logic, if there's a driving ban at the facilities, but not at the stadium, how are players going to get to the facilities?

6 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Although inconvenient. there was the option of having the training facilities separate from the stadium. I believe there are a few other teams that do this.

But at the end of the day, that’s my point as to why the site studies were a sham. The Pegulas always wanted the stadium at the current site with the existing facilities.

9 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

No.  No, no, no.  You play an entire season to get home field.

Bills would a much greater advantage playing in Atlanta, rather than in this mess

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Jukester said:

Although inconvenient. there was the option of having the training facilities separate from the stadium. I believe there are a few other teams that do this.

But at the end of the day, that’s my point as to why the site studies were a sham. The Pegulas always wanted the stadium at the current site with the existing facilities.

Well, with the money the Pegulas are putting into the stadium, I give them a pass to have a say in where the stadium should have been built. They are putting in millions to get this thing done. Cost overruns are also going to be in the millions. 

Full text: Per #NFL    policy, timely access to a Level 1 Trauma center is required in order to support the EAP as it relates to severe injury. Aything that inhibits the ability to execute that action calls into question the ability to play the game. This is to say that not being able to transport a player from a stadium to a hospital efficiently is a danger to all athletes who would participate in an #NFL game.

Just now, UKBillFan said:

How's that going to clear in 24 hours? Is it possible?

I dunno.  I guess we will find out.

3 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Ok, using that logic, if there's a driving ban at the facilities, but not at the stadium, how are players going to get to the facilities?

in all likelihood they'd continue to live near the facilities.  How many days a year are there travel bans? 3? 4?

10 minutes ago, BRH said:

FlightAware is not showing that they've taken off yet.... that flight also has a weird upcoming schedule that includes a trip to Atlanta later tonight.  That could just be Delta shuffling its planes since their hub is in ATL, or it could be a placeholder in case tomorrow's game is actually moved.

Just a follow up..that plane was supposed to drop off Steelers and fly right out again to avoid getting stuck here...HOWEVER, just checked the weather observation at the airport, and although the conditions in Cheektowaga (airport) are better than the conditions here in Orchard Park, the ceiling and visibility are to low to land a commercial airplane..Im sure that's why they are sitting on the ground at Pittsburgh. 

Wonder at what point the NFL would intervene if they can't get in until very late tonight?

Edited by Rich Stadium Original
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, That's No Moon said:

in all likelihood they'd continue to live near the facilities.  How many days a year are there travel bans? 3? 4?

A driving ban on a Tuesday is doable. A driving ban on a Sunday poses some problems, but I would agree players would live near the facilities, not the stadium. But like the 49ers used to do, would you want to drive a bus through the heavy snow from the facility to the stadium?

1 minute ago, ControllerOfPlanetX said:

Where are they going to land?

I think if they swing out around Batavia and then come in for the usual approach over the Thruway from the northeast, they're going to miss most of the weather.

The trick will be getting from the airport to wherever they're staying.

Just now, Draconator said:

A driving ban on a Tuesday is doable. A driving ban on a Sunday poses some problems, but I would agree players would live near the facilities, not the stadium. But like the 49ers used to do, would you want to drive a bus through the heavy snow from the facility to the stadium?

In this hypothetical situation, a snowstorm isn't going to sneak up on you. If needed, you put the team up in a hotel near the new stadium the night before. 

3 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

In this hypothetical situation, a snowstorm isn't going to sneak up on you. If needed, you put the team up in a hotel near the new stadium the night before. 

That is a possibility, yes. 

15 minutes ago, BRH said:

I think the plane is de-icing right now.

flightare2.jpg

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 1

They are still on the ground in PIT... pushed back from gate but haven't taken off yet, after 15 minutes which is a long time at that airport these days.

edit:  de-icing, I forgot about that.  And it's a big plane.

Edited by BRH

2 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

Is the rumor that Watt is playing now true? 

If he can play after suffering a Grade 2 MCL sprain nine days later the military should hire him to singlehandedly take out Isis.

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, BRH said:

Plane just took off.

Prob not a huge advantage, but the Steelers having to deal with travel plan changes while our guys sit in their houses is a plus for us.  Plus I can imagine getting on a plane to fly into an area with all this weather would get into the heads a bit of some of their guys - not to mention the trip to hotel might be a little adventure.  When they finally get their hotel it will not have been a 'normal' travel day

Edited by stevewin

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.