Dolphins Hard Knocks

Mynamemike

19-14 their last two years under Flores without Tyreek, with no playoff wins and an 0-4 record vs Buffalo. 

20-14 their first two years under McDaniel with Tyreek, with no playoff wins and a 1-4 record vs Buffalo. 

Half a game “improvement,” and now they’re in cap jail without an elite QB, Tyreek turning 30 and taking a beating, and haven’t had a first round pick since 2021.

This is fine.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

1 minute ago, BRH said:

19-14 their last two years under Flores without Tyreek, with no playoff wins and an 0-4 record vs Buffalo. 

20-14 their first two years under McDaniel with Tyreek, with no playoff wins and a 1-4 record vs Buffalo. 

Half a game “improvement,” and now they’re in cap jail without an elite QB, Tyreek turning 30 and taking a beating, and haven’t had a first round pick since 2021.

This is fine.  

The McDaniel is a genius thing was overblown. I am not saying he sucks, or is terrible or anything like that. He clearly has a decent offensive mind but he is another one off the Shanahan tree who I just feel is running that offense without really having that to a millionth degree understanding of it that Kyle has. And when good DCs get a beat on him I think he has struggled to adjust or find new wrinkles. 

That said their biggest issue remains on defense. While they improved from 18th to 10th in yards, they only went from 24th to 22nd in points with the hiring of Fangio. And they do have some talent. They have Jalen Ramsey, I like their safeties they fly about, and Phillips, Wilkins and Chubb is a talented set of linemen. Okay their linebackers are week and Xavien Howard isn't the force of old at the other corner but they just seem to fail in big spots. 

• Agree 1

31 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The McDaniel is a genius thing was overblown. I am not saying he sucks, or is terrible or anything like that. He clearly has a decent offensive mind but he is another one off the Shanahan tree who I just feel is running that offense without really having that to a millionth degree understanding of it that Kyle has. And when good DCs get a beat on him I think he has struggled to adjust or find new wrinkles. 

That said their biggest issue remains on defense. While they improved from 18th to 10th in yards, they only went from 24th to 22nd in points with the hiring of Fangio. And they do have some talent. They have Jalen Ramsey, I like their safeties they fly about, and Phillips, Wilkins and Chubb is a talented set of linemen. Okay their linebackers are week and Xavien Howard isn't the force of old at the other corner but they just seem to fail in big spots. 

That's the same as it ever was in Miami, though. Through the years they have had some really good players. However the players they get don't form a cohesive team. They seem to spend big year in and year out on flashy names rather then build a solid foundation and form around it.

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, soflabillsfan1 said:

How many games would the Bills win if Tua was their QB?

If we took Allen out and plopped Tua in to this current Bills team? Not very many. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

Watched this episode yesterday.  McDaniel handled things all wrong as a leader.  Grown men know when they’re being lied to.

“The cold is just a mindset and you’ll enjoy being tackled on cement” is just fake rah rah stuff and he doesn’t even sell it well.  

And you can see them looking at him like "how the ***** would YOU know?"  The coldest he's ever been as a "player" was probably some November game at Dartmouth, and he was only cold because he stood on the sidelines the whole game.

Dude looked like a third grader on the sidelines the way he was bundled up.  I half expected to see Wonder Bread bags peeking out of the top of his moon boots.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

9 hours ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

McDaniel and the Dolphins are screwed, as long as Tua is their QB.  Tua will never beat Josh for the division title.

I don't know about never, a play here or there this season flipped the division.  McDaniel gets the most out of Tua as I think you can get.  Tua cannot be in a better situation for his skill set.

2 hours ago, soflabillsfan1 said:

We would beat up on teams below .500 and lose to all of the top-tier teams.  I really hope they sign Tua to a huge contract and are stuck with him for the next several years.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, soflabillsfan1 said:

All of them.  Don't you know that Tua is the AFC's best QB=the Pro Bowl vote said so, while they also said Josh is JAG.  🤣

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Matt_In_NH said:

I don't know about never, a play here or there this season flipped the division.  McDaniel gets the most out of Tua as I think you can get.  Tua cannot be in a better situation for his skill set.

I think this year is as close as Tua will get.  It took boneheaded losses by this team and a cupcake schedule for Miami, for them to even get close to winning the division.  Tyreek is only going to keep getting older, a Tua contract will only eat up their cap space more, and they’re going to start running into bigger cap issues.  Time will tell, but whether McDaniel and the Dolphins decide to stick with Tua or not, I think they’re poised to take steps back.

3 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

I think this year is as close as Tua will get.  It took boneheaded losses by this team and a cupcake schedule for Miami, for them to even get close to winning the division.  Tyreek is only going to keep getting older, a Tua contract will only eat up their cap space more, and they’re going to start running into bigger cap issues.  Time will tell, but whether McDaniel and the Dolphins decide to stick with Tua or not, I think they’re poised to take steps back.

This was their year to win it. They had a 3 game lead with 5 to go. To lose the division after that is almost impossible, but they beat the odds

Losing to the Titans was horrible. Then the way they lost to the Ravens was utterly embarrassing. Tua just ain’t it, and McDaniel is in over his head 

5 hours ago, BRH said:

This is fine.  

So the difference in both records is they managed to boil the Bills in 2022?

It's not like McDaniel is from Miami. He's from Denver. He should know better how to deal with cold weather. Also, it's not like most Bills players aren't from the South. The trick to playing in the cold is to just prepare for the game like normal. Let your equipment guys prepare for the weather.

Tua is a good guy, and a good teammate by all accounts. It kind of reminds me of us with Tyrod. Tyrod was a good dude. But Tyrod was never going to take us anywhere here, just like Tua is never taking Miami anywhere either.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.