What Changes Would You Expect If Steelers Win?

21 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

Any Given Sunday.

We’ve seen great teams lose to bad teams all the time. It doesn’t make the head coach awful.

Basing any full conclusion on one game ridiculous. McDermott showed enough to get the Bills to the playoffs. He’s safe. 

We’ll see about next year.

he is safe but shouldn’t be.  

Somehow snow games sort of become a toss up.  Definitely evens the playing field some for the Stillers.  My guess nothing changes because if we lose it will be because of weird bounces due to wind or snow with possibly some turnovers.

17 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Even with no wind, McD doesn't allow Bass an opportunity outside of 48-50.  Meanwhile other teams (Philly/Elliott) are allowing their kickers to attempt 60 yarders in the rain.  Go figure?

He's either injured or just not to be trusted from 50+ anymore. Hopefully it's the latter I guess.

30 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

I still think you can argue that anything short of a superbowl appearance warrants serious discussion regarding McD's future here.

But if for some reason they lay an egg to a Steelers team without TJ Watt and a 3rd string starting QB that would probably be out of the league by now under most circumstances... not sure how coaching once again isn't front and center in Buffalo as the main reason why this nightmare scenario could play out.

Anything positive to add about the team? Your high expectations are commensurate with your abject hatred for the team. Isn’t sad to be trapped in a city where everyone loves the home team and wants to celebrate great wins and you always have disappointment and frustration. I know just come up with scenarios where Bills fans can blame people for a loss. 

3 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

Not at home. This will be one of the easier games of the season. 

That’s how it SHOUD  be… and the way you would expect a  future Championship winner taking care of business against the 7 seed playing  without their best player …

Edited by Aussie Joe

In the last 13 games we have had 2 games decided by more than 7 points. Among those opponents, the Patriots twice, Broncos, Chargers, Giants. Yet somehow its become laughable that somebody suggests the Steelers give us a game? I don't think I have ever seen this level of delusional behavior from our fan base. This team has not shown they can blow anybody out. Skyler Thompson almost took us out last year for gods sake. We aren't safe against anybody.  

Edited by Mikie2times
  • Agree 4

Just now, Buffalo619 said:

Only way we self destruct will be because of weather. Build a ***** done already. We lost the bengals playoff last year because of weather. 

No … they lost against the Bengals because they didn’t show up to play…

7 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

In the last 13 games we have had 2 games decided by more than 7 points. Among those opponents, the Patriots twice, Broncos, Chargers, Giants. Yet somehow it’s become laughable that somebody suggests the Steelers give us a game? I don't think I have ever seen this level of delusional behavior from our fan base. I hope it keeps up but this team has not shown they can blow anybody out. Skyler Thompson almost took us out last year for gods sake. We aren't safe against anybody.  

and people just keep automatically expecting  them to win with negative turnover difference … I think anyone only needs to look at the history of the NFL to see the stats on that ..

Edited by Aussie Joe
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Joe Ferguson said:

Just remember the Bills lost to dog ***** quarterbacks before.  They are capable of losing again to a lousy quarterback. 

Seriously. It's like everyone has forgotten that we lost to freaking Zach Wilson and Mac Jones this year.

1 hour ago, Dick_Cheney said:

It looks like hardly anyone is giving the Steelers any shot at beating us, which is understandable and likely accurate. However, we have suffered humiliating losses to far lesser teams way too many times before. Anything is possible and Tomlin is going to have his team as prepared as is possible.

That said, if the Steelers were to somehow knock us out, what happens to this team going forward? Is McD safe because of his performance over the last 6 games? Do assistant coaches get the axe? Is Brady the really the answer? Which players do we finally move on from?

If we lose to the Steelers,McDermott has to go.  It's a further regression.  Affcc, then 2 division losses. 1. He blows 13 ******* seconds and 2. The team was flat as hell against Cincinnati .

This would be a Wildcard loss AT HOME.  He has to be fired.

Edited by SoonerBillsFan

Just now, Buffalo619 said:

They were on skates. Not prepared for the weather. Remember that third and 3 and they gave them an 8 yard cushion? They admitted they didn’t have the right cleats.  

If you want to make weather an excuse than they will never win a Championship playing in Buffalo … it should actually be an advantage to them

It looks like hardly anyone is giving the Steelers any shot at beating us, which is understandable and likely accurate. However, we have suffered humiliating losses to far lesser teams way too many times before. Anything is possible and Tomlin is going to have his team as prepared as is possible.

That said, if the Steelers were to somehow knock us out, what happens to this team going forward? Is McD safe because of his performance over the last 6 games? Do assistant coaches get the axe? Is Brady the really the answer? Which players do we finally move on from?

This is what you want to focus on before the Steelers game? LOL. Unreal

• Like (+1) 1

I think the main change would be to:

Build A Dome!!! 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Teddy KGB said:

Fire McD with a loss to the Steelers 

don’t have time for him losing every big game 

Serious question: if this is a big game and they win, but they lose the next round (bigger game) do you still fire McD - or does he get a pass because he didn't lose every big game?

For the record I'm on the fence with McD. In the past I leaned in favor of him, this year I'm starting to lean the other way. 

• Agree 1

34 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

Tell me who won the NFC East in 2003

That's what it counts for

Eagles. A buddy is a big eagles fan. Lol y'all get too wound up. Are you happy we won?  I am. I'm also sure pegulas are too. Do I want a Super Bowl. Heck yeah. Do I think that pegulas are going to see that McD has gotten us to the playoffs and AFCE titles and feel confident that they'll get over the hump?  I do. But I'm not going to come on here and just wrote what I think you want me to say. I honestly believe that pegulas are going to see what has been accomplished and do pretty much nothing. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

For McD to be safe, an AFC championship game appearance is mandatory, but I could live on with him losing that game, unless he personally lost it by himself.

24 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

If we lose to the Steelers,McDermott has to go.  It's a further regression.  Affcc, then 2 division losses. 1. He blows 13 ******* seconds and 2. The team was flat as hell against Cincinnati .

This team is much better than last year. That team really sucked, and Frazier was a disaster.

28 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Serious question: if this is a big game and they win, but they lose the next round (bigger game) do you still fire McD - or does he get a pass because he didn't lose every big game?

For the record I'm on the fence with McD. In the past I leaned in favor of him, this year I'm starting to lean the 

20 minutes ago, Governor said:

For McD to be safe, an AFC championship game appearance is mandatory, but I could live on with him losing that game, unless he personally lost it by himself.

This team is much better than last year. That team really sucked, and Frazier was a disaster.

We will see Governor.  Personally I hope against all hope I am dead ass wrong and he wins the superbowl this year. 

Edited by SoonerBillsFan

31 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

He has to be fired or what? 

You will burn your jerseys (Just Bills ones, not your other teams ones)? 

You will hold your breath until you turn green (certainly not Bills colors)?

Teams lose or win not coaches but some do not understand football enough to grasp that.

You have been repeatedly campaigning for McDermott's firing adding to almost every thread.

10 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

It's superbowl or nothing for him. Enough is enough.

We will see Governor.  Personally I hope against all hope I am dead ass wrong and he wins the superbowl this year. 

We need to somehow avoid the Browns. They would flatten us.

If we make it,  I think we would beat SF. I would like to see Detroit but it probably won’t happen.

Edited by Governor

15 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

He has to be fired or what? 

You will burn your jerseys (Just Bills ones, not your other teams ones)? 

You will hold your breath until you turn green (certainly not Bills colors)?

Teams lose or win not coaches but some do not understand football enough to grasp that.

You have been repeatedly campaigning for McDermott's firing adding to almost every thread.

I actually didn't for awhile since Simon asked me not to, so save your campaign BS. The question was what changes could we expect, I have every right to say what changes I want.  And yes, coaches blow games, sorry you lack the comprehension to understand that. 

But...I have been a fan since 86' and  unless I die ill be here after McDermott, Josh and many others just like I was here long before they got here.  So no burning of anything or the other pure immature stupid **** you just spewed.

The only other jerseys I have are of Oklahoma Sooners.

10 minutes ago, Governor said:

If we make it,  I think we would beat SF. I would like to see Detroit but it probably won’t happen.

I dunno, I feel we can beat the browns.

Edited by SoonerBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

If the Steelers win, why would they change anything?

1 hour ago, BigDingus said:

Depends on how it's lost.

-If it's something like "13 seconds" collapse, McDermott will be on the hot seat, no doubt.

-If Allen turns it over multiple times again & costs us the game, Bills fans might look to deflect on someone else & find a scapegoat, but fans of other teams & the media will rake him over the coals.

-If the offense is competent, puts up points, protects the football, and the defense can't stop anybody, McDermott will again receive the bulk of the blame.

-If the team comes out flat, receivers dropping passes, players turning it over aside from Allen, tons of penalties, etc. it'll be a lot of "Allen needs help!" from the fans & media.

-If it's a relatively good game but with notable missed opportunities (like a failed 4th & 1), a large discrepancy in run/pass plays, or just playing stagnant for long stretches, you'll hear calls for a Brady replacement.

Oh, almost forgot the easiest one! If we lose due to missed FG's, Tyler Bass will be on the street ASAP 😅

Thank you for your comprehensive response! (How've you been sleeping lately?) 😊

29 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Don't hijack the thread with another question. Start your own thread. Let's maintain the purity of this thread.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Governor said:

Browns are the most overrated team I can remember in recent playoff history lol. Defense has been great but the Flacco story is so feel-good that nobody is really looking into what he’s been doin too closely.  Obviously it’s not a cakewalk straight up but as far as who you’ll run into in the second/third round of the playoffs that’s about as easy as it’s gonna get.  That chiefs defense is not terribly far behind Cleveland’s and their offense has a lot more upside.  Baltimore is right there in defense and their offense is much better as well  

I think we’d be a 7 point favorite against Cleveland

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Browns are the most overrated team I can remember in recent playoff history lol. Defense has been great but the Flacco story is so feel-good that nobody is really looking into what he’s been doin too closely.  Obviously it’s not a cakewalk straight up but as far as who you’ll run into in the second/third round of the playoffs that’s about as easy as it’s gonna get.  That chiefs defense is not terribly far behind Cleveland’s and their offense has a lot more upside.  Baltimore is right there in defense and their offense is much better as well  

I think we’d be a 7 point favorite against Cleveland

Have you watched those games? I watched 2 of them and that dude is on steroids, hgh, or some brand new age altering drug.

He’s faster. His arm is actually stronger. He also has zip on the ball, which he never had in his younger years. Totally different guy.

Perhaps he was injured his last few seasons as starter and he needed to heal? Dunno.

31 minutes ago, boyst said:

Meant to text you by now.  But you're going right?

I’m not.  Was planning to but the weather is crappy and I hate flying anyway…hoping for a W and better weather next week.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.