Mike Francesca blasts greedy NFL for airing Miami at KC game exclusively on Peacock

chongli

The more I see NBC/Peacock's ads about this 'exciting new experience to see the first playoff game on Peacock' the more it pisses me off.  

Screw NBC for trying to advertise to us we should be excited to have a playoff game robbed off the airways.   

They won with me over the Bills-Phins game- never again.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

On 1/8/2024 at 12:07 PM, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

It's five dollars.

$5

I can see it being the "ultimate slap in the face" if it were $99.99 PPV, but we are talking about five dollars...

$5

Garrrr, ‘tis a days ration of rum. They’ll not be gettin me gold. Garrrr I say, GARRR!

Edited by Dat
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Poleshifter said:

You can get this game on NFL channel if you wait until Sat 12 midnight ET

Just do something else for a few hours so you don’t see the score anywhere.

It's 3 AM now I believe as they are showing the HOU-CLE first.

I had this exact discussion about the Christmas Eve Eve game during the lead up. I would not subscribe to Peacock. Waited until midnight when they showed it on NFL Network. The fact that Rochester wasn't included in the Buffalo market, but was when Blackout rules used to decide whether you saw a game shows just how much greed there is. The Cincinnati vs Pittsburgh game was on NBC in Rochester, but not the Buffalo Bills game. I simply would not budge on this. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FieldGeneral said:

I had this exact discussion about the Christmas Eve Eve game during the lead up. I would not subscribe to Peacock. Waited until midnight when they showed it on NFL Network. The fact that Rochester wasn't included in the Buffalo market, but was when Blackout rules used to decide whether you saw a game shows just how much greed there is. The Cincinnati vs Pittsburgh game was on NBC in Rochester, but not the Buffalo Bills game. I simply would not budge on this. 

Are you related to Heavy Kevi?

Edited by chongli

The Peacock game will feature 40% less ads than a traditional NFL broadcast, but will simultaneously increase advertiser satisfaction through its use of innovative and unique dynamic insertion of ads:

https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/Articles/2024/01/12/peacock-nfl-playoff-streaming-ads

This article shows that Peacock's in its use of innovative and unique dynamic insertion of ads during the BUF-LAC game "advertisers saw double-digit increases across key metrics including brand familiarity (+11%), favorability (+20%), consideration (+31%) and recommendation (+35%). The data also showed that those advertisers with custom integrations saw a 45% higher brand opinion rating and 14% increase in perceived fit."

• Vomit 2

the nfl is only about finding more sources of revenue. 

do you all think we are in london because it makes a better product?  LA for that matter as well. the amount of money fans are willing to throw away to go to a game is just disgusting and pathetic. 

this 6 dollars is the last thing i care about. it's no different than when they started doing games on the nfl network when so many people didn't have that as an option. in fact, the nfl network thing was worse, because we didn't have a $6 option to get it even if we wanted it. 

Edited by Man with No Name

On 1/8/2024 at 11:43 AM, Gregg said:

He is not wrong here. It is a shame that many football fans will not be able to watch the game. All playoff games should be on CBS, NBC, FOX, ABC, ESPN.

Not everyone has all those channels either. 

Anyone with internet has access to peacock just like they do those other channels. Mike Francessa is an idiot, in general.

3 hours ago, Since1981 said:

Country would tune in and love modern freezer bowl S.Florida vs SB champ team.

Too bad! Peacock.

NFL is kicking themselves. 

The NFL is doing just fine: https://fortune.com/2024/01/10/nfl-ratings-tv-second-highest-ever-football/

Edited by RousseauRage
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 hours ago, chongli said:

Tweet was deleted, but true:

peacock bills.jpg

To be fair, I don't think a western NY Rep would say anything if a NJ regular season game was streamed either. Why would Mr. Ryan complain about a Bills/Chargers game ? ... Even LA doesn't give a rats *** about the Chargers.

This game on the other hand is a playoff game with far more interest from his constituents. I'm sure I'm not the only one that would be watching the wheel of buffering all night on my computer, my TV isn't smart, and there's no way I'm watching it on my 2"x4" phone, it's not the $5 price.

Tonight I'm thinking of putting some Dolfin on my patio, watching it flash freeze, then watch the trash Panda's tear it apart. Much like watching tonight's game will be.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 1/8/2024 at 12:09 PM, PBF81 said:

LOL

Add this to the list of things that the NFL is greedy over. 

As is MOST corporations... 

19 hours ago, chongli said:

Tweet was deleted, but true:

peacock bills.jpg

Wasn't the Bills game broadcast for free on local channel in Bills market? 

16 hours ago, chongli said:

It's 3 AM now I believe as they are showing the HOU-CLE first.

@Poleshifter 

UPDATE:

NFLN has now switched the schedule and will be re-broadcasting the Peacock MIA-KC game at midnight, not 3 AM as it originally showed. You are correct.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, FieldGeneral said:

Went to bed early, woke up and waited for time for game replay on NFL Network and they were just talking so I mutes it until I saw the Bills.

A playoff game affects me less but object to both.  Had a PeaC0ck account from when it was first created and cancelled it saying reason was PeaC0ck only NFL game.

• Like (+1) 1

I watched it because I already subscribed to 'coque since before the Bills game.  Occasional screen freezes last night and I am not talking about the temperature or the icicles in Reid's stash.  

Really sucks.  

Edited by jethro_tull
  • Sad 1

The NFL is a money machine. That's why it bugs me that we tax payers pay anything toward their play pens. Also don't buy any of their merchandise. I've always been a fan of the game but not the league that squeeze every red cent out of us.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Radar said:

The NFL is a money machine. That's why it bugs me that we tax payers pay anything toward their play pens. Also don't buy any of their merchandise. I've always been a fan of the game but not the league that squeeze every red cent out of us.

I take pride in the fact that I haven't given the NFL a nickel of my money in probably 20 years.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Disagree 1

5 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

Torico being peacock fanboy was a little disappointing and he should be embarrassed. Please don’t sell me on the creepy stuffed animal Ted. Horrific. 

Yeah, but he probably gets a bonus in his contract for doing that, lol.

22 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

I listened to the game on the radio. 

Reminds me of the olden days! The last time I listened to a game on the radio was in the 80's with Van Miller's call when Bills home games were blacked out (an all-too-common happening).

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.