Wild Card Weekend - Wild Card Weather

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

So the NFL, County and State… by holding this game at 1pm are encouraging fans to drive in it.  That’s absurd and dangerous. If these are the conditions leading up to and after the game there’s going to be a ton of stranded people and emergency situations going on.

People know the risks. If you aren’t prepared for the risks, then It is what it is. Vikings sailed across the great oceans into the unknown. It’s amazing how scared people have become compared to human history. We have become pandas. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Milanos Milano said:

People know the risks. If you aren’t prepared for the risks, then It is what it is. Vikings sailed across the great oceans into the unknown. It’s amazing how scared people have become compared to human history. We have become pandas. 

Say what? You do realize that literally hundreds of people died making such voyages, right? 

• Like (+1) 1

Meanwhile, in KC, temps expected to be sub-zero at kickoff with windchills at -30.  

Not that the Chief players will be comfortable, but maybe the football gods are pissing on Miami for their set-up at Hard-Up Stadium putting visiting teams in the sun.  

They're going to be chiseling fans out of the seats at midnight after that one.

Edited by PBF81
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

Say what? You do realize that literally hundreds of people died making such voyages, right? 

Yeah, it’s part of living. If people are scared to live they can stay home and let the brave people venture on with their lives and enjoy a snowy game. 

Just now, NewEra said:

You seem to be missing the point

What point? If people get themselves stranded it’s on them. Why must we hold peoples hands? Let them live. If people don’t want to risk getting stuck they can stay home and watch the game from the comfort of their couch. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Milanos Milano said:

Average lifespan of a viking 38.

Average life span of United States citizen 77.

I'm going to the game (because im a degenerate), but I'm not going to cosplay it's because I'm going to Valhalla. There's no virtue in suffering/putting your life in danger for a bills game. Stop being a weirdo. 

• Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Milanos Milano said:

True, but with that forecast, you know this game would’ve been pushed back already if it were in any other NFL city.  We do know the risks, and it’s scary as hell driving in lake effect without the high winds as an added bonus.

Best case scenario i’m sure the NFL is praying for is that the snow band sets up south or north of the stadium leading up to and during the game. We can only hope. Playing in wind and cold in no big deal.

2 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Meanwhile, in KC, temps expected to be sub-zero at kickoff with windchills at -30.  

Ticket for that game now down to $25.   Bills tickets down to $72 and dropping.  It's almost like people don't want to be miserable and uncomfortable to watch sports anymore.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Milanos Milano said:

Owl Reaction GIF by Honda

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I like when politicians have a sense of humor that is harmless. This honestly makes me feel better about the snow if she is able to joke about it 

Right? But then one person gets in an fender bender and there are cries and cries of she didn't take it seriously. Or the plows were busy keeping the major roads open so they didn't do Karen's neighborhood and she takes to Twitter...

I could never be a politician. I'm to smart. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, vanhalen26 said:

I just hope the border crossing stays open, I’m tempted to come in from Canada tonight rather than wait till tomorrow.

Don't see why they'd close. Peace Bridge isn't looking at a big storm and Rainbow and Whirlpool are only going to get a dusting. 

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Yeah but they weren’t wussies

Some people just want to get mad that people want to be careful about when they put their life at risk. Is a football game the best time to drive through a blizzard? That what people are asking. 

I’m going. I also don’t think it’s a great idea that I am

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, vanhalen26 said:

I just hope the border crossing stays open, I’m tempted to come in from Canada tonight rather than wait till tomorrow.

If you're doing that I'd plan to cross the border by 2-3pm. All the info I keep going back to says to be in OP by 5

I am coming from the south from NC. Leaving in 30 min.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Milanos Milano said:

Agreed.  I was just telling my wife, what a bunch of panzees, ... I mean pandas, and told her that if I still lived up there I'd put on my best pair of sandals and my best Bills tank top and go to the game, temps and snow be damned.  

Then she reminded me that among the benefits that I've cited of having left the region years ago, the weather always tops the list.  

😎

1 minute ago, Milanos Milano said:

This is a tough city for a tough game for tough people. 

We all applaud your enthusiasm Sir Milano the Brave!

But I highly doubt any of your adventurous Viking heroes called out the townspeople for not getting in the boat. They just went….quietly. 😉

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

If the game has to be moved...

Move the game to Tuesday night. Then have the first ever Divisional round game on a Monday night. Yeah, Texans, Brown, or Chiefs whoever we draw should the Bills win get several days extra rest, but I think it would be worth it for our team to be able to play in better conditions for this game. 

2 minutes ago, boyst said:

Right? But then one person gets in an fender bender and there are cries and cries of she didn't take it seriously. Or the plows were busy keeping the major roads open so they didn't do Karen's neighborhood and she takes to Twitter...

I could never be a politician. I'm to smart. 

It's "too smart", not " to smart "

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

We all applaud your enthusiasm Sir Milano the Brave!

But I highly doubt any of your adventurous Viking heroes called out the townspeople for not getting in the boat. They just went….quietly. 😉

Yeah but the towns people are trying to keep the Vikings from getting on the boat and setting sail. That’s the problem here. 

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, HardyBoy said:

Wonder if playing a game without fans is an option? 

They can.  They did during Covid.  And it's less people that would need to be there.  Won't need ushers or concession people, a lot less security.  Won't need to clear the parking lots.  

Just wish a decision comes soon.  I'd rather start planning my Monday than attempt the trip out tonight to find out the game has been moved or switched.  

5 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Not that the Chief players will be comfortable, but maybe the football gods are pissing on Miami for their set-up at Hard-Up Stadium putting visiting teams in the sun.  

They're going to be chiseling fans out of the seats at midnight after that one.

It would be justified if the Chiefs decided they weren't using heated benches or any other sideline warming devices.

I'd go out and buy a new computer or a smart TV to be able to watch the fish flash freeze.

Just now, Milanos Milano said:

Yeah but the towns people are trying to keep the Vikings from getting on the boat and setting sail. That’s the problem here. 

Huh? The townspeople are simply trying to tell the idiots in the boat that if they simply wait until tomorrow the tsunami will be long gone. 😂

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Huh? The townspeople are simply trying to tell the idiots in the boat that if they simply wait until tomorrow the tsunami will be long gone. 😂

We want to enjoy the storm. It’s part of living. Just let us do it. Weather chaos makes you feel alive because it’s thrilling. 

Edited by Milanos Milano
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Negan said:

The Titanic guests probably said the same thing.  Icebergs, I haven't seen one out here. So we're good, full speed to America!!!

can the bills be the icebergs, the Steelers be the titanic, the chiefs be the titanic passengers, and the ravens be that little sub, with Kyle shanahan, and Brock purdy riding in it?

• Haha (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, GottaRun said:

Ticket for that game now down to $25.   Bills tickets down to $72 and dropping.  It's almost like people don't want to be miserable and uncomfortable to watch sports anymore.

... and risk life-threatening conditions and protects of not getting home after the game.

Somehow I'm thinking that if a ton of money for uberwealthy people weren't involved, that it would be postponed.  

Edited by PBF81
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Milanos Milano said:

We want to enjoy the storm. It’s part of living. Just let us do it. Weather chaos makes you feel alive because it’s thrilling. 

Sir Lancelot….what’s stopping you from going to Orchard Park on Sunday even if the game is delayed to Monday? Answer….NOTHING….feel free to go out there and tailgate to your heart’s content. (Dress warm….or not.) 😂

10 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

If the game has to be moved...

Move the game to Tuesday night. Then have the first ever Divisional round game on a Monday night. Yeah, Texans, Brown, or Chiefs whoever we draw should the Bills win get several days extra rest, but I think it would be worth it for our team to be able to play in better conditions for this game. 

I actually think if the Bills play Monday that we should be a Monday all the way to the AFCCG. 

I really dislike 5 day vs 8 day rest for KC or Cleveland. I think the extra day is crucial. 

5 minutes ago, Milanos Milano said:

Exactly!

Then pay people $20/hr to go reclaim the bodies on Monday or Tuesday.  

😎

• Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

It would be justified if the Chiefs decided they weren't using heated benches or any other sideline warming devices.

I'd go out and buy a new computer or a smart TV to be able to watch the fish flash freeze.

mahomes seems to be going into the medical tent between every single drive?!?

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.