Sad that Kim Pegula is not a part of this end and post season run by the Bills

I assume that the fact that there has been no update regarding Kim’s status that she is struggling with her health.  Prayers lifted up for her as she was a huge part of creating the Bills current family centric team culture.  

• Like (+1) 14
  • Agree 13
  • Thank you (+1) 1

She was a prominent female figure in the NFL ownership and she was very involved with the league.

I wish her full recovery, but with so much time gone pass and not even a word from her since, really makes me sad that she will never be what she was. 

Would she make an appearance for a playoff run... how about the promise land would she show up for the SB if we are able to make it?  

• Like (+1) 1

Such an incredibly sad story. What a great thing for us and our favorite football club to have had such a great, strong female figure as a public leader. With any luck, she'll become that again, but chances don't seem great.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

30 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

She was a prominent female figure in the NFL ownership and she was very involved with the league.

I wish her full recovery, but with so much time gone pass and not even a word from her since, really makes me sad that she will never be what she was. 

Would she make an appearance for a playoff run... how about the promise land would she show up for the SB if we are able to make it?  

...and she was only just beginning to make an impact. She was destined for big things and a positive impact on the Bills and NFL.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2

She is in our Bills hearts and thoughts, and you know she is watching every game, she is right there with us. 

• Like (+1) 2

Heartbreaking all around with Kim.  She was an up and coming DOMINATE force.  Hoping she can channel that energy into her health and have some small but significant gains.

As the OP said - prayers up.

Go Kim - Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 4

4 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

I assume that the fact that there has been no update regarding Kim’s status that she is struggling with her health.  Prayers lifted up for her as she was a huge part of creating the Bills current family centric team culture.  

I think Jessie’s article shared everything that needs to be said regarding her heath.  My guess is there’s no update regarding the brain damage she suffered with her heart failure.  

Typical start/stop progress for recovery after a major medical incident.  But it sounds like she struggled with speaking and basic functions and that’s likely why she’s been out of the spotlight and away from the business.  At least this is what I hope.    

Definitely a very sad situation 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, wppete said:

She’s. It back yet? Thats sad, she was a great owner. What exactly happened to her? Does anyone know?

I get the feeling that she doesn't want the public exposure because of her condition and wants very strong privacy. Tim Curry refuses to let his condition stop him from living his public life and she is the polar opposite and mentally it is too tough for her to appear in public, which should be respected and the family made the decision to abide by her wishes it seems.

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

As I get older the words my Dad always told me all the way from when I was a little kid ring truer and truer.

"If you don't have your health, you don't have anything. Protect it at all costs."

Work hard to proactively take care of it but as you age more and more ends up being the genetic cards you were dealt.

• Like (+1) 1

The circumstances of her health event must be traumatic for the family, especially Terry finding her and their daughter reviving her. It would be hard for me to not relive those events and take on some guilt about how different her condition could be if her resuscitation happened sooner. I hope the family is working through all that and getting whatever help they might need. 

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

I don’t know that she’s any less a ‘part of this’ than any of us. 
Though her motor skills may be limited, it’s entirely possible that she has enough cognition to fully enjoy and experience the Bills games. 
Our thought are with her. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SoMAn said:

Though her motor skills may be limited, it’s entirely possible that she has enough cognition to fully enjoy and experience the Bills games.

From Jessica's post last year:

She is dealing with significant expressive aphasia and significant memory issues. She can read, write, and understand pretty well, but she has trouble finding the words to respond.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, SoMAn said:

Our thought are with her. 

Agreed.

Her situation is sad, but so is the plight of so many Bills fans. That's why I try to help the elderly/disabled whenever I am given an opportunity and am capable of doing so. 

Thankfully, Kim has the unique circumstance of being able to afford the very best care. I hope she enjoys a Bills win today, along with the millions of other Bills fans.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Thinking today also of Tim Russert and all the Bills fans no longer with us.

56 minutes ago, chongli said:

Including Eric:

PANCHO20BILLA_1557879830350.jpg_87563523

If the Bills do ever win a Super Bowl, there needs to be a ceremony for the departed Mafia who didn't see it when they were with us.

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.